1. According to the headline in the opening teaser, how many feet will a woman plunge in a manhole mishap?
a. Manhole mishap injures woman - plunges 12 feet
2. How does Gary prevent the manhole mishap?
a. he throws a board over the hole
3. At the Bris, who gets to hold the baby?
a. Grandpa Jerry
4. Who is in charge of videoing the Bris?
5. What relationship is the baby to Chuck?
a. the baby is Chucks third cousin
6. Who shows up at the Bris and why?
a. Gary, read in paper that Infant hurt at religious ceremony - Circumcision goes awry
7. What is the word Gary cant pronounce?
8. What is the babys fathers name, and what does he do for a living?
a. Arte, a doctor
9. What is the name of the Rabbi?
a. Ellen Goodman
10. Who is playing the loud music at McGintys?
a. Tony the cook
11. What kind of food is Tony preparing?
a. Heartburgers (per Tony) or Hamburger Hearts (per Gary)
12. Who is Tony in love with?
a. Miss Abby the librarian
13. When Gary gives Tony the day off, Tony refers to Gary as what?
a. A God among men
14. With what is Tony dripping?
15. What has Abby turned Tony into?
a. a lover (a book lover)
16. What book did Tony check out last week?
a. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
17. In what section of the paper does Gary read the headline, Woman impaled by sword - Jugglers act proves deadly?
a. Metro section
18. What does Gary borrow from the guys shooting a commercial in the park?
a. a horse
19. Why does the juggler lose control of the sword?
a. he sneezed
20. What book is Abby reading?
a. A Strangers Arms
21. How does Gary save Abby from the sword?
a. he sweeps her up into his arms and onto the horse so she is seated in front of him
22. What similarity is there between Abbys book and the way Gary saved her?
a. The book depicts a man (the hero) on a horse with a woman (the damsel) seated in front of him
23. What does Chuck want to learn about in preparation for his date with the Rabbi?
a. the Talmud
24. What movie did Chuck see instead of going to his own Bar Mitzvah?
a. Any Which Way But Loose
25. What did Chuck say he loved about the movie?
a. the monkey
26. What does Abby do when she gets excited?
a. She speaks French
27. Robin suggests that its fate that brought Gary and Abby together. What does Gary say is the reason?
a. Gary says, Its not fate, shes accident-prone.
28. Why does Tony read the books Abby recommends?
a. to see what *she* sees when she reads them
29. After Tony tells Abby he loves her, she tells him that her feelings are ___ __________
a. not negotiable
30. On Chucks date with the Rabbi, he told her the truth about these three things:
a. he skipped his Bar Mitzvah; b. he doesnt speak Greek c. he stole his little brothers Halloween candy (his brother was on crutches with a broken leg at the time)
31. Abby tells Gary he should grab what with both hands?
32. Who owned the blue Mercedes that Chuck dinged?
a. Chester Heinz
33. In what section of the paper does Gary read the headline, Serial purse snatcher plagues downtown?
a. Metro section
34. What are the names of the couple arguing over the bench?
a. Gloria and Herb
35. In referring to Chuck, how does the Rabbi describe the Daniels among us?
a. a man who admits he cries regularly, a man who has no need to create a false persona, a man who shows the world his flaws, a man who is honestly shallow and superficial
36. How does Chuck describe the man he becomes when hes with the Rabbi?
a. a wimp, a loser, a jerk
37. Who gives Gary a black eye and why?
a. Chester Heinz, mistaken identity - he thought he was punching Chuck
38. Tony tells Gary he is going where to sit and wait for word that you have died?
39. In what part of the library must Gary save a woman from being crushed?
a. the Nelson Reading Room
40. What literary group is meeting at the library, and what are they reading?
a. the Bronte Reading Society; Wuthering Heights
41. Abby accuses Gary of being an indiscriminate _____.
42. Who gave Chuck a black eye and why?
a. the (former) cable guy; Chuck, compelled to be truthful, told the cable guys boss that he gave him $50 to get free HBO two years ago so they fired him.
43. Chuck says his life has taken a turn for the _____ since meeting the Rabbi.
44. After breaking up with the Rabbi, Chuck says this to Gary.
a. Somebody pack my bags - Im going straight to Hell.
45. How much was Tonys overdue fine on Great Expectations?
Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters, Inc., CBS Productions, or TriStar Television. No infringement intended, no profits made.
Return to Early Edition Trivia Page
Last updated: September 12, 1997
© 1997 - 2000, etc. firstname.lastname@example.org