1. What did Gary wear to bed the night before?
a. Boxers and a sweatshirt
2. What is the headline in the paper?
a. Boy falls from bridge - Drowns in Chicago River
3. What does Gary eat for breakfast on the run?
a. Cold Pizza
4. What are the two reason Gary cant get to his destination fast enough?
a. He cant get a cab and a drawbridge is going up
5. What is the guy on the cell phone talking about?
a. A group of Norwegian businessmen - potential investors
6. How does Gary pull off his rescue of the morning?
a. He distracts the pilot and slows the engine of the boat hes on
7. What happens as he passes the guy with the cell phone?
a. He bumps into him and knocks his cell phone into the water
8. How long does Garys would-be victim say hes been swimming?
a. Since he was three
9. What "rank" did he achieve at the Y last summer?
10. How does Gary greet Cat the next morning?
a. "Why dont you give me a day off?"
11. What is his reaction to Cats meow this time around?
a. "Is that all you ever say? Cant you ever bark once?
12. What is the headline in the paper?
a. Pile up on Interstate;14 dead - investigation continues
13. Where does this disaster occur?
a. The Dan Ryan Expressway
14. What time will this disaster occur?
a. 5:40 PM, the height of rush-hour traffic
15. How many people are injured but not killed in this disaster?
a. Nineteen seriously injured
16. Who is in the picture that is on the desk in the office?
17. McGinty's has a standing order for how many cases?
18. What happens whenever Marissa mentions Chuck's name?
a. people hang up the phone
19. What kind of problems does Marissa say they have?
a. Invoice problems, cash-flow problems distributor problems... Chuck problems.
20. Where does Chuck's memory live on?
a. in the hearts of his creditors
21. Who placed the ad for the bar manager?
22. Who is their first applicant?
a. A young blonde woman
23. What did Chuck say about McGintys before he left for California?
a. That it was "running like clockwork"
24. What is the "repo man" there to collect?
a. The blenders
25. What does the applicant for the managers job say about the chardonnay?
a. If they dont get it out of the sunlight it will become very expensive salad dressing
26. What does she tell them about buying small bottles of wine/liquor?
a. They should start buying in bulk
27. What is Marissas advice for Gary on stopping the disaster?
a. "One by One" Take it one victim at a time
28. What is the name of the victim who may have fallen asleep at the wheel of his vehicle?
a. Burt Hammond
29. Why is he so tired?
a. He worked a double shift
30. Where is he employed?
a. Burcells Pancake House
31. How much time does his boss say he has wasted on "chit-chat"?
a. 55 seconds
32. How does he know this?
a. Hes been timing him with a stopwatch
33. What does Gary pass himself off as in order to save this victim?
a. Union Rep for Local 232
34. Who is it hes supposed to represent?
a. Pancake House Employees, Toll Collectors and City Sewer Workers
35. Gary says he can make one phone call and have what happen?
a. have 200 of the foulest smelling civil servants march around the establishment and have the whole parking lot empty out before the next flapjack hit the grill
36. Rather than having Gary make that phone call, what does the boss agree to do?
a. Give Burt a day off.
37. What does the total number of victims change to once this one is taken care of?
38. What is the wording on the cart in the park?
a. Treat yourself Fresh Hot Churros
39. Where do Gary and the cart vendor chase the young thief?
a. Into the nearby school
40. Who gets knocked down in the school corridor?
a. The principal, Mr. Mauger
41. What time is it on the principals clock?
42. What is the name of the young thief?
a. Henry Paget
43. How does the principal conduct the "interrogation" of Gary, Henry Paget and the cart vendor?
a. They must raise their hands in order to be acknowledged
44. How much does Gary give the vendor for the food Henry stole?
45. What did the boy take?
a. Two churros
46. Where did the principal get called away to?
a. He was called to the Art Room
47. What is the real reason the boy almost fell into the river?
a. His "friends" dared him to walk on the rail. If he didn't, they'd beat him up.
48. How did Henry "invest" his lunch money?
a. In "protection" - in other words, his "friends" stole it
49. Who is Henrys mom?
a. The blonde who applied for the bar managers job
50. What time is it when Gary is sitting on the bench outside the principals office?
51. How many kids are sitting on the bench with Gary?
52. What does one of the kids ask him?
a. What'd you do?
53. What is Garys response?
a. Knocked down the principal
54. What does the kid do when they hear what Gary did to wind up at the Principal's office?
a. Slides down the bench to get further away from him
55. What does Henry's mom say to Gary when she leaves the office?
a. "Don't you have a bar to mis-manage?"
56. What does Gary want to talk with her about?
57. What is the name of the next victim of the pile up that Gary saves?
a. Richard "Richie" Saganski
58. Why would he be on the Expressway?
a. Rushing to the hospital when his wife goes into labor
59. How is this person employed?
a. Hes a tailor
60. What time is his customers meeting?
61. Who is this guy?
a. The man from the boat whose cell phone was knocked into the water by Gary
62. Who does Gary say he works?
a. Dr. Keenan
63. How is the victim now going to get to the hospital?
a. Gary has a cab waiting
64. What is the customers name?
a. Mr. Wiggins
65. What does Gary say about the customer's pants?
a. He'd take them up about an inch
66. What color are all the bills that Henry is going through?
67. How often does his mother get called by the Principal's office?
a. Every couple of weeks
68. What is the new total number of victims in the pile up after this latest save?
69. Why do Henry and his mom go to McGinty's?
a. To pay back Gary for the churros.
70. What does Gary tell Henry's mom to "enlighten" her?
a. That he needs new friends; yesterday Henry almost drowned
71. What is Patricks secret to a good chocolate milkshake?
a. Chocolate milk, chocolate ice cream and chocolate syrup
72. What did Mrs. Pagets husband do when he left her?
a. Stole her car, cleaned her savings account out, trashed her credit rating and stole her bathroom sink leaving a big dripping hole in the wall
73. What is his problem?
74. What is Henry's father's name?
75. When did Mrs. Paget and Henry move to Chicago?
a. last year
76. How many jobs is she holding down?
a. Two and barely treading water at that
77. Who is the next victim that Gary saves?
a. Joanne Kilgore
78. Where does he find her?
a. At the County Court House
79. What does he return to her?
a. Her briefcase
80. What case is she working on?
a. The Hogan case
81. Who supposedly sent her briefcase back to her?
a. Judge Albright
82. What does the total number of victims change to this time?
83. What is the name of the pizza shop?
a. Pizano's Speedy Pizza
84. How does Gary stop the pizza delivery guy?
a. He removes the distributor cap from his van
85. What is the pizza guy's name?
a. Benjamin Riley
86. Why does Mrs. Paget believe she doesnt owe the doctor for Henrys last visit?
a. He had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic and the bill was supposed to be canceled
87. What is the death toll up to now?
88. What stays the same with the article about the pile-up?
a. The picture
89. What 3 characters can they make out on the license plate of the car in the picture?
90. What is the name of Patricks cousin that works at the DMV?
91. Who does Gary say should take over the bar while he and Patrick go to the DMV?
92. Who arrives at McGinty's and why?
a. Mrs. Paget - Henry is missing
93. How many possible license plates have HOT in them?
94. What time is it on the clock at the DMV?
95. What does Patrick say to Eleanor instead of "you're the bomb?"
a. "You're the gong."
96. What is the other headline in the paper?
a. Boy drowns in river
97. What did Patrick kidnap during his fraternity days?
a. a moose
98. What is painted on the cart Henry passes?
a. Fresh Hot Pretzels
99. Who is Gary trying to call but having no luck?
a. Mrs. Paget
100. How many of the license plate possibilities does Marissa get through to?
101. Who else is calling the people on the list?
102. Where does Gary have Marissa and Patrick go?
a. To the overpass where Garfield crosses the Expressway
103. Where has Henry gone?
a. Archer Street by the river-front industrial area
104. Why can't Mrs. Paget go alone to find Henry?
a. She doesn't have a car
105. To whom is the guy with the cell phone speaking?
106. What is this person he's speaking to supposed to do?
a. Keep the Norwegians happy
107. How do Gary Henrys mom get to Archer Street?
a. They steal a Mr. Wiggins car
108. How do they manage this?
a. They tell him his headlight is smashed to get him out of the car
109. What time is it when Marissa & Patrick get to the overpass?
110. How much time do they have before the accident will occur?
a. Ten minutes
111. What would Patrick do if he had to shut down the expressway?
a. Call the Mayor
112. What happens to the car Gary is driving?
a. The oil light comes on and the engine starts smoking
113. What kind of car did Gary steal?
a. a BMW
114. How does Henry lose his backpack?
a. It falls into the river when he slips trying to cross a bridge
115. What does the sign on the bridge say?
a. Notice Restricted Area Authorized Personnel Only
116. What is the license plate on the cruiser?
117. What does Henry like on his pizza?
118. How does Gary end up reaching Henry?
a. The two cops grab his legs and lower him down
119. What does the other sign on the fence say?
a. Danger Keep Out
120. What time is it after Henry is saved?
a. 5:40 PM
121. What does the car owner say just before it explodes?
a. Do you have any idea what you've done? You ruined me. That was a deal of a lifetime and it's gone forever because I missed my meeting. I hope they give you the death penalty!
122. What is the license plate on the car that explodes?
123. What was the car owner about to do when Gary "borrowed" it?
a. get on the Dan Ryan Expressway
124. What does the headline on the paper change to?
a. City approves funding for park clean up
125. What time does Patrick tell Marissa it is?
a. Ten to six
126. What does he do to make sure if that's the right time?
a. re-checks his watch on the left arm, then checks the watch on the right arm
127. What is Marissa going to treat Patrick to?
128. What does one of the cops say to the whining owner of the car?
a. "That guy (Gary) saved your life"
129. What does Gary ask Henry's mom?
a. If she knows anyone who would know enough not to put the Chardonnay on the window sill
130. What nickname does Gary use for Henry?
Thanks to Janet for coming up with half of the questions and inspiring the rest. :)
Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters, Inc., CBS Productions, or TriStar Television. No infringement intended, no profits made.
Return to Early Edition Trivia Page
Last updated: July 22, 2001
© 1997 - 2001, etc. firstname.lastname@example.org