1. What time is it according to Garys clock in the opening scene?
2. What is Gary dreaming about?
a. A tunnel; he was underground, trying to get somewhere, trying to get something; A gun fired at/by unknown persons
3. What reason does Marissa give for Gary's strange dream?
a. "Maybe you had too much coffee"
4. What is the name of the man about to be executed?
a. Ricky Brown
5. Gary thinks Cat doesn't want him to get any what?
6. Who was the only witness to the crime that Brown was accused of?
a. Lucius Snow
7. What was Brown's profession?
8. Who do Gary and Marissa go to see to find out more information on the case?
a. Mr. Morris at the Sun-Times archives
9. Why was Morris expecting Gary and Marissa?
a. Because Gary is a friend of Snow's, and the last couple of times he saw them in the archives, it had something to do with Snow.
10. What does Morris have that belonged to Snow?
a. A file about the Brown case
11. What is the headline on the newspaper clipping that explains why Snow couldn't stop the murder?
a. Train Collision Avoided; Mystery man intervenes
12. What was the name of the murder victim?
a. Tom Fletcher
13. When is the execution to take place?
a. At 9PM that night
14. What does he try to pass himself off as at the prison?
a. An independent investigator
15. What is the prison guards reaction when Gary asks again how to get in to see Brown?
a. "Do I look like a moron to you?"
16. Who does Gary run into at the prison and why is this person there?
a. Molly Greene from the Sun-Times; she's there to get a final interview with Ricky Brown
17. How does Molly describe Gary?
a. As "the original bleeding heart"
18. What is Mollys quote from her grandfather?
a. "Even a blind squirrel stumbles onto an acorn once now and then."
19. What does Gary pose as to get in to see Brown with Molly?
a. Her research asssistant
20. What does she say to Gary as they walk down Death Row and the doors clang shut behind them?
a. "Dont let it freak you"
21. How long has Brown been in prison?
a. Eight years
22. Who was Brown engaged to?
a. Allison Fletcher, the victims sister
23. How did her father die?
a. Of a heart attack
24. How long after meeting his fiancé did he propose?
a. Three months
25. What did he give her when he asked her to marry him?
a. His grandmothers engagement ring
26. Why didn't Tom like Ricky?
a. He thought Ricky was only after Allisons money
27. Where did Tom and Ricky have their big argument?
a. At a party celebrating the siblings' taking over of the company
28. What did the accused say about Luciuss efforts on his behalf?
a. The "old man never gave up trying to help"
29. Why did Ricky go to find Tom?
a. To apologize and work out some kind of prenuptial agreement
30. What was Ricky Brown doing when he was arrested?
a. He was following a shadow but got lost in the maze-like parking garage
31. What do the police say he did with the murder weapon?
a. Threw it in the river
32. What is Molly's answer when Gary asks if she believes Ricky's story?
a. "Its death row. Theyre all innocent."
33. How does Marissa help Gary in his effort to see Allison?
a. She distracts the receptionist by claiming to have dropped her wallet
34. What is the name of the older gentleman who comes into Allison's office while Gary is there?
a. Winston Thorpe
35. What is this man's position in the company?
a. Hes the corporate counsel and Allisons personal attorney
36. How did this man know Allison's father?
a. He grew up with him. They were old friends. They built the corporation together from the ground up.
37. What has Allison done for Ricky all these years?
a. She secretly financed his defense and all of his appeals
38. What did the police think Lucius Snow was and why?
a. That he was a transient; he was filthy, his clothes in tatters; looked like he was in a train wreck
39. What did the prosecution do to Snow at the trial?
a. They "had a field day" with him. They attacked his credibility.
40. Where do Gary and Marissa go to check out Ricky's story and what is "familiar" about it?
a. To the parking garage; its the dark place Gary was dreaming about
41. What time is Rickys last meal served to him?
a. 4:45 PM
42. What does he do with the meal?
a. Nothing. He rejects it.
43. What does Marissa find in the drawer at the archives?
a. A business card
44. Who is Frank Scanlon?
a. The vice president of Fletcher Enterprises
45. How does Molly Greene describe Lucius Snow?
a. "To put it nicely, it doesnt seem like the elevator went to the top"
46. What is the title of the article Molly is reading?
a. Fletcher to Move Parts Division
47. What is the name of the company that bought the Specialty Parts Division of Fletcher Enterprises?
a. Forrester International
48. Who made a killing on this sale?
a. A bunch of executives, including the Division Director at the time -- Frank Scanlon
49. What is the headline of the framed newspaper clipping in Allisons office?
a. Fletcher siblings assume reins
50. What is the headline on the paper in Allison's paper?
a. Appeal denied: Execution today
51. Who wrote this article?
a. Michael J Perrone, Staff Writer
52. Who is evesdropping on Molly's conversation with Allison?
a. Frank Scanlon
53. What happens to Gary & Molly when theyre in an alley talking?
a. A car attempts to run them down
54. Where do Gary and Molly go for safety?
a. They jump on top of a dumpster
55. What files have been deleted from Allison's computer?
a. All Fletcher Enterprises Parts Division files
56. Where are the hard copies of these files kept?
a. In a warehouse on Calumet
57. What is the next headline in Garys paper?
a. Fire guts Fletcher warehouse
58. What do Gary and Molly see at the warehouse?
a. The car that tried to run them down
59. Who is inside the warehouse looking at financial records?
a. Frank Scanlon
60. What does Gary think hes doing?
a. Trying to get rid of the evidence
61. What kind of car tried to run Gary & Molly down?
a. A black Lincoln
62. What kind of car does Scanlon say he drives?
a. A red Chevy
63. What tips Gary off that he and Scanlon are in danger?
a. He smells gas
64. What happens to Molly when she approaches the warehouse?
a. Shes knocked off her feet by an explosion
65. What time is it when the minister appears at the prison to pray with Ricky?
a. 8:39 PM
66. Where is Allison Fletcher when the newscast about the pending execution comes on the TV?
a. In her office
67. Where are Morris and Marissa when the newscast about the pending execution comes on the TV?
a. In the archives
68. Who do Gary, Molly, and Frank accuse of embezzlement?
a. The corporate counsel, Winston Thorpe
69. How much did this person "skim" during the transfer of the division?
70. Who really killed Tom Fletcher?
a. Winston Thorpe
71. Why does he think he deserves that money he stole?
a. He thinks he never got his fair share because *he* built the company
71. Why did he kill Tom?
a. Tom was going to expose him
72. How will they be able to prove that this man is the real killer?
a. Molly had a pocket sized tape recorder turned on in her pocket
73. What time is it when the Governors stay of execution order is received?
a. 9:56 PM
74. Which prison has Ricky been in all these years?
a. Illinois Maximum Security Penitentiary in Joliet
75. Where do Allison and Ricky take the flowers after his release?
a. To the Fletcher family plot
76. What do Gary, Marissa, Molly, and Morris leave at Lucius Snows grave?
a. The newspaper with the headline: Brown innocent: execution stopped
77. What is carved on Luciuss gravestone?
a. Lucius Snow 1920 - 1995
78. Who else is in the cemetery?
79. Who has the final voice over at the end of the story?
Thanks to Janet for coming up with half of the questions and inspiring the rest. :)
Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters, Inc., CBS Productions, or TriStar Television. No infringement intended, no profits made.
Return to Early Edition Trivia Page
Last updated: November 5, 2001
© 1997 - 2001, etc. email@example.com