1. Where is Henry when the story opens?
a. In school
2. What subject is his class apparently studying?
3. What are they watching?
a. a video of JFK's inaugural speech
4. What name do the other boys have for Henry?
a. "Teacher's Pet"
5. What unusual thing is Gary doing when Henry sees him?
a. walking down the street with a long handled net over his shoulder
6. Who/what is Gary rescuing and from what does this person need rescuing?
a. a clown on stilts juggling a bunch of balls -- he'll be hit by a falling bucket of water, accidentally dropped from a window cleaner's platform above.
7. How did Gary manage the rescue?
a. He climbed onto the hood of a parked vehicle and netted the bucket
8. Erica asks Gary to take Henry to what function?
a. To a father/son day at school
9. How long has it been since Erica has heard from Henry's father?
a. Eight months
10. What is Henry's father's name?
11. Aside from Henry, what does Marissa say is Gary's other "complication?"
a. Erica -- she has a lot to offer the right man.
12. What two rescues does Henry witness next as he spies on Gary?
a. A rollerblader prevented from falling down a manhole and a hot dog cart vendor who's cart blows up
13. What are the two books Henry brings home from the library?
a. "Mysteries Revealed" and "Unexplained Phenomena"
14. How does Henry figure out Gary's secret?
a. When Gary and Marissa leave the office, Henry goes in and checks out the paper. When the radio/tv announces the sport score that he just read in the paper, he compares the date on the Paper to the calendar on the wall, puts two and two together
15. What does Gary tell Cat when he awakens?
a. Don't get your fur in a knot
16. What is the reason why McGinty's has fourteen bottles of Grappa?
17. What does Henry release in the kitchen to cause a big disturbance?
a. a little white mouse/rat
18. What happens in the kitchen?
a. The kitchen help scream, Cat chases the rodent, Spike chases Cat, Marissa chases Spike (as best she can) and Gary chases Cat
19. What does Henry do during the commotion in the kitchen?
a. Sneaks over to where Gary left the Paper and writes down useful baseball information
20. What was Gary going to do with the rat?
a. Kill it
21. Who stopped him?
22. What does Henry do to impress the boys as school?
a. Tells them what's going to happen next in the baseball game
23. Who unexpectedly arrives at McGinty's?
a. Mike, Henry's dad
24. According to Erica, what is Mike's big problem?
a. He's a chronic gambler
25. What does Erica ask Gary for when Mike shows up?
a. an advance on her salary
26. What is the name of Henry's new friend?
27. What does Henry do to impress his dad?
a. "Predictes" sports scores
28. What does Henry do to get Gary out of the office?
a. Pretends to be looking for his math homework and then "accidentally" spills coffee
29. What is Henry's class dissecting in school?
a. Owl pellets
30. What does Henry write down from the Paper to help his dad?
a. Horse racing results
31. What horse does Henry say will will?
a. Jessie's Field, the number four horse
32. What does Mike purchase for Henry?
a. A toy racing horse
33. How much does Mike win?
34. What is the name of Henry's babysitter?
a. Ms Patterson
35. What is the name of the bartender at the bar Mike visits.
36. How much more money does Mike owe?
37. What is the talkative bad guy's name?
38. What is on Henry's pajamas?
a. Green dinosaurs
39. How does Gary find out that Henry knows about his Paper?
a. He comes into the office to find Henry rifling through the Paper.
40. How long has Henry known?
a. Three days
41. What rescue does Gary perform that was originally used in the "Love is Blind" episode?
a. Saves the janitor from being blown up at the school
42. Where did this rescue supposedly take place?
a. In the Wisewood High School chemistry lab
43. Why did Gary miss his El stop?
a. Because he was thinking about Henry
44. Gary compares Henry to what character?
a. Mickey Mouse as the Sorcerer's Apprentice in "Fantasia"
45. What is Henry's teacher's name?
a. Dorothy-Ann Miller
46. What reason did Mike give the teacher for Henry's second day out of school?
a. He told her that Henry had head lice
47. How does Erica find out about this?
a. The teacher calls her about the shampoo
48. What new headline has appeared in the Paper?
a. Man trampled in home stretch
49. How old is Mike?
50. The incident at the track will occur during which race?
a. The fourth
51. Where does Gary find Henry?
a. Running through the parking lot at the track
52. Which race track are they at?
a. Hawthorne Race Course
53. How much does Gary offer the guys to leave Mike alone?
54. What does Gary offer next that gets the men off of Mike's case?
a. $500 and the results of the next race (which he gets from his Paper)
55. Who does Gary say will win the seventh race?
a. The number three horse -- Sinkable Molly; it's a 20 - 1 lock
56. What does Mike ask Gary to tell Henry?
a. To go away
57. What does Gary tell Mike to quit doing?
a. "Quit running from your kid"
58. What is it that Mike wants of Henry?
a. For Henry to be proud of him
Thanks to Janet for coming up with half of the questions and inspiring the rest. :)
Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters, Inc., CBS Productions, or TriStar Television. No infringement intended, no profits made.
Return to Early Edition Trivia Page
Last updated: May 12, 2001
© 1997 - 2001, etc. email@example.com