221: "Hot Time
in the Old Town"
(Gary goes back in time to prevent today's disaster.)
"Hot Time in the Old Town" Answers
1. When Gary comes in from the rain, Chuck compares him to who/what and why?
2. What's Gary mumbling about as he walks toward the back room and the stairs?
3. What is different about how the paper and cat arrive the next morning?
4. What headlined disaster awaits Gary in his Paper?
5. Chicago hasn't faced a catastrophe like this since when?
6. How does the catastrophe occur?
5. What does he present himself as when he confronts the construction crew boss?
6. How does Gary get knocked out?
7. What is unusual about what Gary sees when he "wakes up?"
6. Who drives by hawking wares from his wagon of goods and who does Gary *think* it is?
7. What year does the man say it is?
8. What does he ask this man to do to help him prove to himself that he's dreaming?
9. Where does the man take him after this incident?
10. Where is Morris' family
11. How many brothers does he have?
12. Who is the owner of the saloon?
13. Who is the "Dusky Nightingale"?
14. What does she sing?
15. What was her grandmother's name?
16. Where is she from?
17. What is her brother's name?
18. Why did she come to Chicago?
19. What does Gary find in his pocket?
20. Where did Jesse get the parts to make a watch
21. According to Jesse, why is Sullivan cosying up to the Commisioner?
22. Who tries to force his attentions on Eleanor?
23. What does she do to him when he gets too "friendly"?
24. What happens to Gary when he interferes after the saloon owner slaps Eleanor?
25. After fleeing the saloon where does Eleanor tell her brother they should go?
26. What does Eleanor tell Jesse is the only thing that's important?
27. Who finds Gary lying in the street?
28. What are his first words to Gary?
29. What is the name of Morris' horse?
30. Where does Morris take Gary?
31. What does the landlady say when she sees Gary?
32. What does the landlady say in reply to Gary's protests that he's OK?
33. What does she tell Morris to do?
34. What does she do while talking to Gary and waiting for Morris?
35. Who is the landlady?
36. What wakes Gary up the next morning?
37. What is the name of the Paper that Cat delivers to Gary?
38. What is the headline in this day's paper?
39. What does Gary say to Cat in reaction to the headline?
40. What potentially embarrasing situation does Gary warn Morris about?
41. What is the name of the cow?
42. How does Gary explain to Morris why he knows the cow's name?
43. What is Morris' reaction to Gary's explanation?
44. What happens to Eleanor when she tries to quit her job at the saloon?
45. What nickname does Jesse use for Eleanor?
46. What happens to Gary when he tries to rescue her?
47. What does Sullivan use to convince Eleanor to "be nice" to the Commissioner?
48. By the cuckoo clock on Mrs. O'Leary's wall, what time is it when Chuck plays Checkers?
49. What is Mrs. O'Leary's daughter's name?
50. What does Morris say when he loses a game of Checkers to her?
51. What task does Mrs. O'Leary ask Morris to perform?
52. How does Jesse get away?
53. Who gets Gary out of his latest predicament?
54. How does Gary get into the room where Eleanor is trapped with the commissioner?
55. What is the name of Mrs. O'Leary's baby?
56. What does Mrs. O'Leary sing while milking?
57. Why is the baby crying?
58. How does the first fire in the barn start?
59. How do Gary and Morris put out the fire?
60. What happens to Morris when he tries to help Gary during a fight?
61. Who keeps Gary from being stabbed by Mr. Sullivan?
62. How does the second fire start?
63. How does Gary stop Sullivan from killing Jesse?
64. What does Morris say to try and explain how the fire started?
65. What does Gary give Jesse as he sends him and Eleanor to safety?
66. What advice does Gary give to Jesse?
67. What happens to Gary that he finds himself back in 1998?
68. Who helps Gary to his feet when he wakes up?
69. Who actually stops the work that would cause the disaster?
70. What does the headline change to?
71. Who's with this man?
72. What unusual piece of jewelry does this man have?
73. What time does the man's watch say?
74. What does the man say when Gary asks where his watch came from?
75. What is the man's name?
76. What does Gary say to Chuck (or himself) after this encounter?
77. Back at McGinty's how long does Chuck tell Gary he was knocked out?
78. What is his comment about Gary's appearance?
79. What does Gary ask Marissa when she comes into the office?
80. What was her reaction?
81. What does Marissa ask him?
82. What does Gary say to try and explain what happened?
83. What does Chuck interruptingly reply?
84. How does Gary reply to that? (question pertains to the syndicated episodes only)
85. Who is that strange man sitting in McGinty's office and what does he say? (question pertains to the original episode as aired by CBS only)
Thanks to Janet for coming up with half of the questions and inspiring the rest. :)
Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters, Inc., CBS Productions, or TriStar Television. No infringement intended, no profits made.
Return to Early Edition Trivia Page
Last updated: October 21, 2000
© 1997 - 2000, etc. firstname.lastname@example.org