1. What is Garys first disaster of the day?
a. An older woman will be asphyxiated by gas spewing from her stove
2. What is the victims name?
a. Miss Doris Redman
3. According to the neighbor, why can't the woman hear Gary knocking?
a. The old darling's deaf as a post
4. Who actually performs the save and how?
a. The neighbor; He dons mountain climbing gear and rappels down the side of the building
5. What does the rescuer say to himself before heading in for the save?
a. "Once more unto the breach, dear friends"
6. What is the rescuers name?
a. Clive Harbison
7. What happens moments after the old woman is rescued?
a. Her apartment blows up
8. What is the headline in Garys paper the next morning?
a. "Rescue Hero Killed in Hit & Run"
9. What "pressing issue" is Gary supposed to be helping Chuck with?
a. Painting & scraping (theyre repainting/redecorating the office)
10. What is the "rescue hero" waiting for when Gary arrives?
a. The moving van - - "a removal van"
11. What is the heros response to Garys comment about the cold?
a. "Call this cold? You should try a Scottish grass moor at dawn."
12. What do Gary & the hero jump into to escape being hit by the car?
a. The back of a Chevy pickup truck
13. What insult does the driver hurl at Garys companion?
a. "Lousy little limey punk"
14. What is the number of the bus that Gary and his companion board?
15. Who does Garys companion claim to work for?
a. MI6 British Intelligence
16. What is Garys response?
a. "Youre a spy?"
17. What does Chuck say after asking Gary, "How many times have I told you - don't get involved?"
a. You can catch 'em, but you can't cook 'em
18. What is Chuck's reply when Gary takes on responsibility for his guest's circumstances?
a. "There you go again, puttin' the whole world on your shoulders. A tree gets cut down in the rain forest, and it's your fault."
19. Who is the owner of the painting being assessed?
a. Bill Phelps
20. Briefly, what three reasons does the art expert/assessor give for the painting being a fake?
a. One, the brushwork is too studied; two, the canvas is of a manufacture that wasn't available until the 1800's; and three, the assessor happened to have seen the original elsewhere
21. Where is the original?
a. In a private collection outside of Paris
22. Where does the art expert/assessor work?
a. At the Guggenheim
23. What color scheme does Chuck want to use for the office?
a. Red ceilings, peach walls, and white moldings
24. What does Chuck say in defense of the color scheme?
a. "It makes a statement"
25. What is Marissas response?
a. "Yeah, it makes a statement, all right - - get out of here fast"
26. What does Marissa say when Chuck ask her what *she'd* know about it?
a. "It even sounds disgusting"
27. What does the guest say of the beef at McGinty's?
a. "Your beef -- absolutely first class. No mad cows here"
28. Chuck says he's trying to redecorate and getting no help from Gary and Marissa, whom he describes as what?
a. "These two Philistines"
29. What does Chuck have in mind for the redecoration?
a. Something bold, something splashy
30. What does Gary's guest offer to do in exchange for his supper?
a. Have a stab at painting the office
31. How does he describe his own abilities in this area?
a. "I dabble."
32. What does Clive do to redecorate?
a. He recreates the Sistine Chapel on the ceiling
33. Where does Clive say his talents lie?
a. In the realm of imitation rather than creation
34. Who is the man that tried to run over Gary and Clive?
a. Marty Jarmisch - - a former business associate of Clive's
35. Clive's reason for the hit and run attempt was that he and this man had "had a falling out." What is Chuck's response?
a. Gary and I have a falling out every day, but I don't try and run him over with my car.
36. What disaster has Gary just dealt with when he returns to McGintys later that morning?
a. A school bus ran into a chicken truck he has feathers in his jacket
37. What is Clive teaching Mario to do?
a. How to make crepes suzette - - he's a gourmet cook, too
38. Who does Clive meet outside of McGinty's and what is her name?
a. The art expert/assessor - - Faye Davis
39. What does Clive do in order to hide from Marty as he passes on the street?
a. He grabs Faye and kisses her
40. Who wishes Crumb were there to consult?
41. Where is Crumb?
a. On a river in Montana
42. What insult does this woman hurl at Clive?
a. "Patronizing, double-dealing, 4-flusher"
43. What name does Clive keep using for Gary that Gary hates?
44. Where is Clive from?
a. London, England
45. What did he determine made him a failure as an art student?
a. No fresh ideas or originality
46. What was his real gift?
a. Mimicry; copying the masters
47. What is/was his nickname?
a. The Chameleon
48. How did Clive know Marty?
a. He knew modern-day robber barons who would gladly overpay for a piece of artwork they could never publicly display or even acknowledge
49. What stolen painting did Marty give to his girlfriend?
a. A watercolor by Goya
50. How long did Marty spend in a Spanish prison after getting caught?
a. Three years
51. What was Faye's position at the museum from which he pilfered the Van Gogh?
a. The curator
52. How did the present owner of the stolen painting make his money?
a. By cheating on the stock market - - insider trading
53. How long has it been since Clive attempted to steal back the Van Gogh?
a. Three years
54. What is the headline in the Paper when Gary returns to his room to watch TV?
a. Thief mauled by guard dogs; arrested
55. How long does Gary say Clive has been down the wrong road?
a. 20 years
56. Where is Clive when Gary and Chuck arrive on the scene?
a. Cowering on a brick wall
57. What is Garys excuse for knowing where to find Clive?
a. He read an article about the 10 richest guys in Chicago
58. What does the headline change to?
a. "Art thief arrested; daring heist foiled by hidden alarm"
59. What type of alarm does Chuck warn Clive about?
a. A passive infrared motion detector
60. What does Chuck pick up that sets off an alarm?
a. An autographed Michael Jordan sneaker that he wore against the Jazz in the finals
61. What does Clive say they should do once the alarm sounded?
a. Run away! Run away!
62. What is the value of the stolen Van Gogh?
63. Why can't Clive turn over the painting to the police?
a. Because Faye was the curator when he stole the Van Gogh and it would ruin her reputation
64. What do Chuck, Gary, and Clive do when staking out the museum?
a. Clive takes a picture from the angle of the security camera, Chuck bumps into a man and takes his badge, Gary helps Clive by walking around nonchalantly
65. What does Chuck say in response to Clive questioning if everybody understands their roles?
a. We go to the museum, we fall to pieces, and we get arrested
66. What do Clive and Gary dress up as?
a. Police officers
67. What unexpected guest shows up at Gary's door?
a. Marty - - with Faye held at gunpoint
68. What is the headline on the Paper left behind in Gary's room?
a. "Art theft foiled at museum"
69. What is "Phase One" of the plan?
a. Marissa and Chuck linger inside of the museum until closing time.
70. What does Marissa say to explain why a blind person is in an art museum?
a. "Sometimes I can feel the painting. Some of these works exude such an aura, I can sense the color and the form right off the canvas . Sometimes I get so inspired I do a little painting myself"
71. Where are the phones located relative to Marissa?
a. Down the hall on the left.
72. What is the security guard at the museum doing while nobody's watching?
a. Playing "fast draw" with his pistol
73. What does Marissa do once the museum closes?
a. She opens the emergency door
74. What is the museum security guard's name?
75. What museum are they at?
a. The University of Chicago Art Museum
76. Who and what is Chuck pretending to be?
a. Gilleland from Internal and Systems Management
77. What reason does Gary give to explain why the police have arrived so quickly?
a. "We had a 36 over at 1825 Michigan, I had to give a quick 10-4"
78. What does Chuck tell them is the "problem?"
a. We got a possible intruder on the second floor emergency exit - a 14 - 24 - 16.
79. What is Clive's response to Marissa's "how's it going" question?
a. As the man said when he jumped off the 20-story building, so far, so good
80. For what famous museums does Chuck claim he designed security systems?
a. The Louvre in Paris & The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland
81. What does Chuck to do distract attention from the security monitor?
a. He starts screaming in pain and falls to the ground
82. What reason does Chuck give for needing anti-bloating medication?
a. He says he has a genetic condition that causes his brain to blow up like a pumpkin
83. What did Gary do when Marty showed up in the museum?
a. He gave him the real painting
84. What happened to Marty once he got out of the museum?
a. He got busted by the cops for possession of stolen goods
85. What does Faye call Garys explanation of why he gave Marty the real painting?
a. Improvisational Art
86. Where does Marissa think that she, Gary & Chuck should go next?
a. Out to dinner - - she thinks its still early
87. Where does Gary want to go?
a. Home to bed
88. What does Marissa call Gary?
a. A stick in the mud
89. What is Chucks comment?
a. "All work and no play makes Gary a very dull boy"
90. What does Gary say when he finds out that Marissa agrees with Chuck?
I ought to arrest the both of you
BONUS: What part is Ian Ogilvy (Clive) known for playing in the 1970s that Roger Moore played in the 1960s and George Sanders played in the 1930s? He might remind you a bit of this part in this EE episode!
a. Simon Templar, a.k.a. the Saint; a "robin hood of modern crime"
(For more information on "the Saint," visit http://www.saint.org/ )
Thanks to Janet for coming up with half of the questions and inspiring the rest. :)
Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters, Inc., CBS Productions, or TriStar Television. No infringement intended, no profits made.
Return to Early Edition Trivia Page
Last updated: January 27, 2001
© 1997 - 2001, etc. email@example.com