104: The Paper
1. Where does the name Mr Gaboom come from?
a. Gary tries to explain to workers at Chinese Restaurant that their kitchen is going to explode *very soon*, to go boom, and they misunderstand him and think hes looking for Mr Gaboom.
2. What is the name of the restaurant?
a. Woo Lings
3. What does Gary smell like?
a. Moo goo gui pan
4. What is the name of the missing labor leader?
a. Red Cooper
5. Where does Gary say theyll find him
a. in the trunk of a Volvo over on Grant St
6. What book is Gary reading?
a. Lost Chicago
7. What does Gary find in the book?
a. A 1946 picture of a typesetter of Chicago Phoenix - with a cat
8. What happened to the Chicago Phoenix?
a. Merged with the Sun
9. What is the reporters name?
a. Meredith Carson
10. What is the Editors name?
a. Harry Hawks
11. What leads Meredith to think that Gary is involved in Red Coopers disappearance?
a. He knows about the Jersey plates that shes just writing about today
12. Who is the man in the archives?
a. Mr. Morris
13. What is the old typesetters name?
a. Lucius Snow
14. Why does Morris go to Merediths desk and what happens to him?
a. he goes for cigarettes and gets injured by a bomb in her bottom right desk drawer
15. What room is Morris in at the hospital?
16. How does Gary explain that he knew the plates on the green Volvo were Jersey plates?
a. he guessed, and when in doubt you guess New Jersey
17. How does Gary distract Meredith in the archives room and what does he do to her?
a. He drops some files, then locks her in the archives room while shes picking them up
18. What do we get to read in Snows personnel file?
a. Facility/Unit: Times Co; Address: Brown Hotel, 117 Atwater, Chicago, IL; Home Phone: CA6-5500; Emer
Phone: KL-7-9536; Seniority Date: 7/7/50
19. What else does Gary say is in the file?
a. a claim ticket; employee stuff - Mr Lucius Snow, height 57, weight 155 lbs, blue eyes, date of birth: 19__ (and
theres a blank there), died 1996 - September 28
20. What is significant about Snows date of death?
a. Its the day before the paper started coming to Gary
21. What does Meredith call Gary after Gary tells her to leave his apartment?
a. Good lookin muscle
22. Who is Merediths informant?
a. Richie OBrien
23. Where and when is she to meet him?
a. Motel 9, near the fairgrounds in Oak Park, tomorrow morning 8 oclock
24. What happens to Gary at the Motel?
a. Meredith smashes his hand in the door
25. Why wont Garys car start?
a. as he tells Meredith, the car wont start without your seatbelt on
26. Why does Gary chase after Meredith at his hotel?
a. She takes his Lost Chicago book
27. Where does Meredith spend the night?
a. On Garys couch
28. How does Gary like his coffee?
29. Whats unusual about Garys socks?
a. They mysteriously disappear from his feet from one scene to the next
30. What does Gary yell when he throws the paper over the balcony
a. I dont want it anymore, do you hear me?
31. What does the paper say will happen to Meredith?
a. She and an unidentified man will be found slain in Sun-Times basement
32. How does Meredith know about Garys unusual paper?
a. She read in Garys paper that the budget bill was passed, but according to the paper on her desk, the budget bill doesnt even get voted on until that night, and sources say it doesnt even have a chance of being passed
33. Where do Gary and Meredith hide out?
a. behind a fire door in the basement
34. Who is the unidentified man that is to be found slain with Meredith
35. How doe Gary and Meredith escape?
a. Gary uses the lighter in Merediths pocket to set the paper on fire, setting off the smoke alarms
36. Where did Snow live the last year of his life?
a. at the Blackstone
37. What is the claim ticket for?
a. an old trunk stored at the Blackstone
38. What is in the trunk?
a. a folded up torn piece of paper with the words Live your Life
39. What does Gary bring to Meredith?
a. Moo goo gui pan from Woo Lings
Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters, Inc., CBS Productions, or TriStar Television. No infringement intended, no profits made.
Return to Early Edition Trivia Page
Last updated: September 12, 1997
© 1997 - 2000, etc. email@example.com