1. What does Gary's first headline say?
a. "Pedestrian mowed down by truck"
2. Who is the recipient of Gary's first save?
a. John Hernandez - a recently paroled con
3. After Gary saves this person, what does the headline change to?
a. "Ex-Con kills prosecutor; wounds three"
4. What is the name of the person that Gary has saved?
a. John Hernandez
5. Who is this person after?
a. The Assistant State District Attorney, who had successfully prosecuted him for 2nd degree murder
6. What does Crumb say about fruit after he has taken the hint that Gary, Chuck, and Marissa don't want his company at the moment?
a. Half of the time the lemons and the limes around this joint got more sense than the two of yous. And I'm not pointing a finger at you, young lady.
7. How much time did Hernandez do and for what crime?
a. 10 years; got in a fight, picked up a bottle, and crushed it into someone's skull
8. What is the Assistant DA's name?
a. Rachel Stone
9. Where does Gary first go to try and stop Hernandez?
a. The Court House
10. What happens at the place referenced in the preceeding question?
a. Gary chases Hernandez down a stairwell, but when the cops arrive Hernandez is gone and everyone thinks Gary is the real trouble-maker
11. Chuck wants Johnny to order what?
a. Northstar Pilsner -- not the Ale
12. What does Hernandez do upon leaving the Court House?
a. He knocks Chuck unconscious and steals his car
13. What does Gary see when he comes out of the building?
a. first Chuck's car speeding away and then Chuck lying on the sidewalk, unconscious
14. Who meets Gary & Marissa at the hospital?
15. What does Crumb say to reassure Gary?
a. Hey, he's a tough little guy, he'll be ok. He's a fighter - you know that.
16. What is Crumb's news?
a. They found Fishmans' car abandoned at Lincoln Park
17. Who's prints were found in Chuck's car?
a. John Hernandez
18. Where are Chuck's parents?
a. On a cruise in the middle of the Mediterranean
19. What phrase does Crumb use to describe Hernandez and why?
a. A "real animal" -- the guy he killed was walking away from him
20. Where do Gary and Marissa spend the night?
a. at the Hospital
21. What is Rachel's daughter's name?
22. What is Rachel's son's name?
23. What is Rachel's husband's name?
24. Why is her son up so early and who does he plan to spend the day with?
a. It's the last day of the candy drive; he and his friend, Dave, are going "for the record"
25. What beverage does Rachel's daughter ask for?
26. Who is present when the Paper arrives the next morning?
a. Gary and Marissa
27. What does Gary do with the Paper?
a. Folds it up without looking at it, hands Marissa her cane and walks off with her to find out how Chuck is doing
28. To whom does Tom try to sell candy?
29. When Gary finally looks at the Paper, what is the headline?
a. "Prosecutor murdered at home; Parolee suspected"
30. Where does Rachel Stone live?
a. The 4300 block of Marion in River Forest
31. What does Sarah want to get?
a. a tattoo on her butt
32. What is the name of the Stones' dog?
33. Who calls the police about Hernandez being at Rachel Stone's house?
34. What happens to Gary when he tries to stop Hernandez?
a. Hernandez throws him off, elbows him in the stomach knocking the wind out of him and takes him hostage with Rachel
35. Why does Marissa call Crumb at McGinty's?
a. To tell him about the hostage situation which is being shown on television
36. What does Crumb say when he sees the news report?
a. Don't tell me -- Hobson. How does this kid manage to get into trouble every single day. Don't worry I'm on my way
37. What is the name of the cop in charge of the roadblock/stakeout?
a. Captain Leon
38. Who takes down the information about the Stone house's layout?
a. Officer Rufus
39. How does Crumb describe Gary to verify his presence in Rachel's house?
a. Good looking fella about 6', brown hair, leather jacket
40. What job does Leon offer to Crumb?
a. Hostage Negotiator
41. How does Gary explain why he knows so much about Hernandez?
a. A friend is a parole officer and asked Gary to keep an eye on him
42. What does Hernandez say that Rachel Stone called him in court?
a. An animal. A blood-thirsty animal.
43. What was the original charge?
44. To what did Rachel change the charges and why?
a. 2nd Degree Murder; the victim has his back turned and was walking away, defenseless
45. What does Hernandez want from Crumb?
a. A brand new van, right off the lot; something American -- a Chrysler van -- and $25,000 in small bills
46. What does Crumb tell Leon that Gary is?
a. Their joker in the deck
47. Who does Marissa talk to at the Hospital?
a. Father Dowd
48. Marissa was brought up to believe what?
a. That there's a reason for everything. Everything has a purpose.
49. Why do we need faith?
a. Because the world is full of mysteries. We can't always see His purpose.
50. Hernandez asks Gary if he wants what kind of refreshment?
a. Milk and cookies
51. While Hernandez is getting a drink, what headline does read in his Paper?
a. Hostage and captor kill each other
52. How does Gary save Hernandez a second time?
a. He stops Rachel from shooting him
53. What is Gary's reply when Hernandez calls him an idiot?
a. *I'm* the idiot? *You're* the one surrounded by the police right now, and *I'm* the idiot? Explain that to me, John.
54. Why does Hernandez say that he's "an animal?"
a. He never had the chance to do anything else
55. What does Hernandez remember thinking when he saw the family of his victim in court?
a. How can I undo that? How can I bring that guy back?
56. What was his conclusion?
a. You can't undo something like that. I guess I *am* some kind of... animal.
57. What does Gary think about his conclusion?
a. He thinks that Hernandez still has a choice.
58. Where does Gary take Hernandez after he releases Rachel?
a. The railyard
59. What has happened to the two boys?
a. One has his foot caught in the rails
60. What does Gary do?
a. Leaves Hernandez to go help
61. What does Hernandez do?
a. He starts to leave on a train
62. How does the boy get free?
a. Hernandez comes back with a prybar and prys the rails apart far enough for Gary to help the boy release his foot.
63. What happens to Hernandez?
a. He is killed by a train immediately after helping Gary free the boy's foot
64. Who were the two boys?
a. Tom Stone (with foot stuck) and his friend Dave
65. What does Chuck say he needs?
a. A nurse.
66. What does Gary say to that and what is Chuck's reply?
a. Blonde or a brunette; One of each
67. What does Rachel read in the paper?
a. Ex-Con dies saving boy; Unlikely end to hostage crisis
68. What does Gary take as an impromptu memorial to the tracks?
a. White roses
69. What is the ending monologue and why is it significant?
a. "They say things happen for a reason. But that reason might not always be clear. In time, with faith, the meaning may emerge. What was, what is, what shall be. Pieces of a puzzle, falling into place." -- Gary had to save Hernandez all those times so that Hernandez would still be around to help him save Tom Stone. He couldn't undo the murder 10 years ago, but he was able to find some sort of redemption in saving the son of the woman who prosecuted his case.
Thanks to Janet for coming up with half of the questions and inspiring the rest. :)
Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters, Inc., CBS Productions, or TriStar Television. No infringement intended, no profits made.
Return to Early Edition Trivia Page
Last updated: October 19, 2000
© 1997 - 2000, etc. firstname.lastname@example.org