1. In the opening monologue what are the three things that transcend time and national boundaries?
a. music, love, and the bond between parent and child
2. Where and when does the opening scene take place?
a. Moscow, 1977
3. What name is on the poster behind the violin girl?
a. Yuri Rosanova
4. What is unusual about one of the headlines?
a. It is written in Russian
5. What is Chucks plan for Thursday nights at McGintys?
a. Thursday night is Karioke night
6. What gimmick did Chuck come up with before this one?
a. Free meals for Gay Divorcees
7. How did it come to pass that Chuck knows how to read Russian?
a. He is really Chuck Fishniak, his grandparents came from Moscow
8. Where did all those pregnant women come from?
a. the Pre-Natal Yoga Class
9. Gary stops the pregnant woman from being run over by a cab with what number and license plate?
a. Cab# 1472, License plate# 1472 TX
10. What is the music playing in the cab?
a. Concerto in A minor, by Shostakovich (according to Yuri)
11. What is the name of the violinist?
a. Paulina Rosanova
12. What phrase does Newsweek use to refer to the violinist?
a. Mournful Angel of Moscow
13. What name did Gary ask Chuck not to call him?
14. What is written on the note with the roses?
a. Thanks again. How about dinner? -P
15. The picture of Paulina and her father was taken when?
a. on Paulinas 10th birthday
16. What is the name and phone number of the cab company?
a. Chicago Co-op Taxi-Cab Company, 312-555-8923
17. What is the name of the cab driver?
a. Yuri Rosanova
18. Paulina believes her father has been dead for how many years? What was his name?
a. 15; Yuri Rosanova
19. How long has Paulina been playing the violin?
a. since she was 6 years old
20. What is the story behind Yuris death?
a. To make some money for a violin and lessons for Paulina, Yuri needed to take a job with a friend. Unbeknownst to Yuri, the friend was with the Russian Mafia, and Yuri became an enemy to the party. So long as he lived, his daughter
21. Gary gets to rest for how long between when Yuri leaves and the paper comes?
a. just about 2 seconds. Paper came at 6:30 am just as Gary finally dropped into bed.
22. Chuck hasnt spoken Russian since when?
a. since he was 7 years old when his Grandma Olga died
23. Where does the accident with the beer barrels take place?
a. in Lincoln Park
24. What hotel is Paulina staying at?
a. the Morris Hotel
25. What is the message Chuck thinks the paper is trying to send?
a. Stay away from musicians
26. What is the name of Yuris friend, the bad guy?
27. Fill in the blank: (Gary to the cat) Just let me get a ____ __ ____, will ya?
a. bite to eat
28. What does Gary say when Chuck offers to translate the headline?
a. Yeah, thanks a lot, but I don't need to know about pigs with melanoma, or Spam - I need to know what this headline says.
29. Chuck substitutes for the guy that plays what instruments?
a. Bass Guitar and Tenor Sax
30. What is unusual about the headline at the end of the episode?
a. it is written in Chinese
Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters, Inc., CBS Productions, or TriStar Television. No infringement intended, no profits made.
Return to Early Edition Trivia Page
Last updated: September 12, 1997
© 1997 - 2000, etc. firstname.lastname@example.org