1. Whats playing at the Chicago Theatre?
a. The Francois Truffaut Film Festival
2. What is the headline in Garys paper that hes dealing with near the theater?
a. Woman Dragged By Bus
3. Who does Gary see at the theater?
a. Erica and a good looking guy
4. How is the woman supposed to be dragged by the bus?
a. Her scarf is caught
5. Why doesnt Gary get to her right away?
a. Hes distracted by the sight of Erica and her date
6. What is the next headline Gary must deal with the next morning?
a. Faulty Scaffolding Kills Painter
7. How does Gary describe the painter accident to Marissa?
a. "Guy falls four stories and . . . splat" (Complete with hand slapping table)
8. What does Marissa do for Henry when he comes in with his mom?
a. She quizzes him on his multiplication tables
9. Who walks into the office and answers one of the questions that Henry is supposed to answer?
10. Which question does he answer?
a. eight times seven
11. What does Gary quiz Henry about?
a. Who Erica was out with and when she got home
12. Why doesnt the painter hear Gary?
a. Hes wearing headphones
13. Gary says he's an expert on what?
14. What goes wrong with the rescue?
a. The painter gets inside, but the scaffolding collapses while Gary is still on it
15. What is the name of the painter?
16. What does Gary say when he sees the rope start to break?
a. "This isn't my day"
17. What does Gary land in/on when he falls?
a. A dumpster full of trash
18. Who pushed the dumpster under the scaffolding?
a. Dr. Nick Sterling, the guy he saw with Erica the night before
19. Where did the two women see Nick before?
a. On "60 Minutes"
20. What do they ask Gary to do?
a. Take their picture with Nick
21. The camera owner complains that Gary got what on her camera?
22. What is Nicks specialty?
a. Pediatric Orthopedics
23. What is Nicks Chicago phone #?
24. What is Nicks Chicago fax #?
25. What is Nicks cell phone #?
26. What is Nicks Beijing phone #?
27. What is Nicks Beijing fax #?
28. What is the name of Nick's company?
a. One World Inc.
29. What is Nicks position with this agency?
a. Hes an International Medical Consultant
30. Which Chicago landmark is in the background while Nick & Gary are talking?
a. The Sun-Times Building
31. What is Gary's reply when Nick asks him if he likes Truffaut?
a. "Yeah, I do with my dessert"
32. When did Nick and Erica meet?
a. When they were in Grammar School
33. What grades were Nick and Erica in?
a. Nick in Fifth, Erica in Third
34. What did Nick do that caused Erica to give him a bloody nose?
a. He tried to kiss her during a fire drill
35. When did Nick move to Chicago?
a. When he was in the 6th grade
36. What does the acronym R-I-C-E stand for?
a. Rest, Ice, Compression & Elevation
37. Gary thinks Nick has done what to his teeth?
a. had them capped -- very poorly, I might add
38. What is the name of the CD that Nick recorded?
a. Swimming with the Dolphins
39. Which member of the McGintys staff owns this CD?
40. What song does Patrick sing from the CD?
a. Strawberry Fields
41. What has Marissa heard that was recorded by Nick?
a. The Prophet by Kahil Gibran (a book for the blind)
42. What is Patricks reaction to Ericas dress for her date?
43. Who gets Nicks autograph when he arrives to pick Erica up?
44. How does Nick sign the CD?
a. To Patrick: Friend of the planet. Nick Sterling
45. Where does Nick take Erica for dinner?
a. Gian Carlos
46. What is the name of the charitable foundation Nick belongs to?
a. Doctors Without Borders
47. On what street is the restaurant located?
48. What gift does Nick present to Erica?
a. An emerald necklace
49. Where did he get it?
a. The emerald itself was a gift from the Peruvian government
50. Why is Gary at the restaurant?
a. A customer will become ill from eating a bad batch of seafood ravioli
51. What does the chef do to Gary?
a. He starts to strangle him
52. What happens to the ravioli theyre fighting over?
a. It flies through the air and lands on a womans plate
53. Who saves the woman from choking?
a. Nick he performs the Heimlich maneuver
54. Where does Nick invite Gary to go with him and Erica?
a. To the opera
55. What reason does Erica give for why Gary can't go?
a. He's not dressed for it
56. Why does Nick say that that doesnt matter?
a. Hes got a private box and nobody will see him
57. Whos the composer?
a. Giuseppi Verdi
58. What does Nick do during the solo that irritates Gary?
a. He cries
59. What does Gary say to Erica about the singer?
a. "Shes singin - Im dyin"
60. During their argument, Gary says there's something "weird" about Nick because...?
"He's about to bawl his eyes out over some woman about to bust a gut"
61. What does Gary do when he gets home after his argument with Erica?
a. He scolds the paper and the cat and makes fun of Nick on the TV news
62. What is the name of the reporter on the news?
a. Chita Rodriguez
63. What station does Gary have on?
a. WBBM Channel 2
64. What does the paper report in the next mornings headline?
a. Fire at Childrens Hospital - Philanthropist dies in rescue effort
65. What is Nick doing when Gary goes looking for him to warn him about the fire?
a. Playing one-on-one basketball
66. Who is Nick with at the time?
a. Aaron Williams of the Seattle Supersonics
67. What does Gary tell Nick about the hospital?
a. That "there could be a problem with the electrical system"
68. Who makes a basket as Gary and Nick leave and how?
a. Gary - he tosses the ball into the air behind him as he's walking out
69. What time is the gala at the hospital that night?
70. What is the dress code for this event?
a. Black Tie
71. How was Gary supposed to get his invitation?
a. Nick sent it by messenger
72. What phrase does Henry use to describe how Erica looks?
73. What does Erica use to check out her reflection?
a. the picture of Gary and Chuck on Gary's desk
74. How does Henry describe Nick to his mother?
a. Bruce Wayne without the secret identity
75. How does Henry describe Gary?
a. Like Archie as in Archie and Jughead
76. How does he describe his mom?
a. Like Cinderella going to the ball
77. What question does Gary ask Marissa when she helps him get dressed?
a. "Does this look stupid?"
78. What kind of permission does Marissa seek from Gary?
a. "Permission to speak without having my head bit off?"
79. What is the name of Nicks hospital?
a. Mission of Mercy Childrens Hospital
80. What celebrities are attending the gala?
a. Gene Siskel, Roger Ebert, Mayor Daley, Senators Carol Moseley-Braun and Richard Durbin
81. What song is the childrens choir singing?
a. "We are Marching"
82. What are the singers holding?
83. Why does Gary turn a fan on the singers?
a. He thinks theyre a fire hazard
84. What are all the choir members wearing?
a. Red blazers
85. What causes the fire?
a. A worker plugs an expresso maker into an already loaded outlet strip, which causes it to short out, creating sparks and a fire in a storage room full of oxygen tanks
86. What is Gary about to do when Erica runs into him?
a. Pull the fire alarm
87. What ultimatum does Erica give to Gary?
a. "Throw that alarm and I quit. I guarantee it."
88. What does Gary do after she leaves?
a. He throws the alarm. . . but it doesn't work.
89. What happens to Erica after the explosion?
a. She gets whacked in the head and trapped under a chunk of ceiling tile
90. What article of clothing does Erica lose when shes trapped?
91. What does Gary say when Nick grabs Erica to carry her to safety?
92. When Gary is slow coming out who starts in after him?
93. What does Gary tell Nick happened to him?
a. He "got lost on the stairwell"
94. What part of Gary is "sensitive?"
a. His nose.
95. Why is Gary's reason why he wont Gary be interviewed by the TV reporter?
a. Hes not dressed for the occasion
96. What is the message on the picture of the Good Year Blimp?
a. "Erica, Marry Me?"
97. How long have Gary and Marissa been friends?
a. Five years
98. What is Marissa's advice to Gary regarding Erica?
a. "Pick yourself up and you go after her. Go. Get. Her."
99. Where will Gary find Erica?
a. In Olive Park
100. What is the name of the little girl that Nick and Erica see in the park?
101. What is the girl's "disability?"
a. Shes deaf
102. How does the girl describe Nick?
a. "The best doctor in the whole world"
103. What is Gary's comment when he looks at Nicks business card?
a. "The guy needs his own area code"
104. What does Gary do when hes on the phone?
a. He spills his guts about how he feels about Erica
105. Who does Gary unknowingly end up talking to on the phone?
a. Erica (Nick gave her the phone so he could talk to Melanie)
106. What is Gary doing when Erica pops into McGintys?
a. Putting the chairs up on the bar
107. What does Erica say shes there for?
a. The weekend receipts
108. How did Erica answer Nick's proposal and why?
a. She said no. She wants "a regular guy whos not out to save the world every day"
Thanks to Janet for coming up with half of the questions and inspiring the rest. :)
Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters, Inc., CBS Productions, or TriStar Television. No infringement intended, no profits made.
Return to Early Edition Trivia Page
Last updated: September 2, 2001
© 1997 - 2001, etc. firstname.lastname@example.org