1. What are Gary and Erica eating as the episode opens?
2. The headline in the Paper reads, "Calamities rock city." What four "calamities" happen while Gary and Erica kiss?
a. A woman chokes, a waiter slips and falls, a robber comes in the restaurant, and theres an explosion and fire in the kitchen. (Also accepted: Gary and Erica kiss, Gary and Erica kiss, Gary and Erica kiss, and Gary and Erica kiss.)
3. How does their "date" end?
a. Cat meows and wakes Gary up from his nightmare-- I mean, dream.
4. Gary tells Marissa that he has saved which four people that day?
a. A fireman, two rock climbers and a pastry chef
5. How does Marissa know that Gary is staring at Erica?
a. She says he always makes groaning noises when he looks at her
6. How does Gary explain the groaning noises?
a. He says, "Im digesting!"
7. What nickname does Marissa use for Gary?
a. Don Juan
8. Who did Erica 'dump' a month ago?
a. "Mr. Perfect." (a.k.a. Nick Sterling)
9. Who or what does Gary blame his lack of a relationship on?
a. The Paper
10. What does Erica need more of from Amy and Jose?
a. More potatoes, the order on 7 and 8
11. How many hours until they're "home free?"
12. What brand of Chicken Broth is on the shelving in the kitchen?
a. College Inn
13. Gary asks Erica out - not for a date, but for what?
a. "A meal. A meal together. In a restaurant."
14. Who does Erica turn to for advice on how to dress for her non-date with Gary?
15. What three outfit "styles" does she have him choose between?
a. "I'm available," "I'm not available," and "I'm available under the right circumstances"
16. What is the "small truth about women" that Erica divulges to Henry?
a. "All things being equal, we like to keep our options open"
17. What does Marissa say when Gary asks her how he looks?
a. "Gary, you're asking a blind woman how you look. Maybe you're a little nervous?"
18. What terms does Gary use to refer to the non-date?
a. A "Pre-date" or "test date"
19. Marissa says, "If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it's probably not ________."
a. a fish
20. Who would Gary call if he needed an insult?
21. What does Gary have to do before the non-date?
a. Stop a towel boy from getting shot
22. What is the name of the towel boy?
23. Who are the two men Skippy greets as they stop for towels?
a. Mr. M and a Mr. Smolsky
24. What question does the first man ask of Skippy?
a. "Ace those mid-terms, Skippy?"
25. What is Smolskys first name?
a. George (or Georgie)
26. What is the other man's first name?
27. Where are the men having their discussion?
a. In a steam room
28. What three law enforcement units have come to arrest the men?
a. FBI, Treasury, Chicago P.D.
29. What do the cops ask the two men to do that makes Gary wince?
a. "Drop your towels"
30. Back at McGintys who is discussing Ericas appearance?
a. Patrick & Marissa
31. What kind of lipstick is Erica wearing?
32. What is the name of the States Attorney?
a. Vincent Corbell
33. What is Garys excuse for being in the steam room?
a. He had a frog in his throat and he needed the humidity
34. What is Mickeys full name?
a. Mickey Mulfreed
35. According to Corbell, if they don't get the case to the grand jury, Smolsky and Mulfreed will be laughing all the way to where?
36. How does the FBI agent describe Gary?
a. "Clean. Weird, but clean"
37. What kind of gun did Gary see?
a. The kind that shoots.
38. How soon can they book a Grand Jury?
a. 48 hours
39. What illegal activities are Mulfreed & Smolsky involved in?
a. A counterfeiting ring
40. Which agency does Agent Dawson work for?
a. The Treasury
41. What was Agent Dawsons cover?
a. He was "Skippy" the towel boy
42. What condition does Gary claim to suffer from so that he doesnt have to spend the night in a motel?
a. Nocturnal Agoraphobia he has to sleep in his own bed
43. Who do they bring in to watch over Gary?
44. What are the first words out of Brigattis mouth?
a. "Move it or lose 'em. Okay, who needs baby-sitting?"
45. What does Marissa say to explain why Gary canceled his lunch with Erica?
a. He has trouble making time for personal things. And he's been a little gun-shy since the divorce
46. How does Patrick describe Brigatti when she comes into McGintys with Gary?
a. Major babe
47. What is Brigatti's first name?
48. Who does Patrick say is upstairs with Gary?
a. a "relative-type acquaintance" - his Aunt Edith
49. What agency does Brigatti work for?
a. The U. S. Marshal Service
50. What is Gary carrying around as Brigatti searches the room?
a. the Meridian
51. What is Brigatti looking for in Gary's underwear drawer?
a. bugs -- listening devices
52. What does Brigatti find under the bed?
53. Why is the Treasury involved in the case?
a. Because it's counterfeiting
54. Why are the "Feds" involved?
a. Because there are RICO issues
55. Why is the Marshal's office involved?
a. Because Gary is a federal witness
56. Why is the Chicago P.D. involved?
a. Because it's Chicago
57. What other agency does Brigatti threaten to bring into the picture?
a. Animal Control
58. What is Brigatti allergic to?
59. When Brigatti checks in with Corbell, how does she describe Gary?
a. "resistant but controllable"
60. What items does Brigatti remove and set on the coffee table?
a. Handcuffs, her badge, her gun(s)
61. How does Gary explain his "personal activities" and "demanding hobbies" that make it inconvenient for him to have Brigatti around?
a. "The fact of the matter is, that at certain times, on certain days, I have this certain urge to be at certain places where things may or may not be about to happen"
62. What percentage of germs does Gary say comes from sharing newspapers?
63. How much would it cost Brigatti to buy her own copy of the Sun-Times?
a. 35 cents
64. What is the headline in Garys paper?
a. Secretary plunges to death downtown
65. What does Marissa say when Gary asks her how he's going to handle the Paper?
a. "Every time you've asked for help, I've helped. But you got some little cookie stashed upstairs you want to ditch -- that is not my zip code."
66. What nickname does Marissa use for Gary?
67. What headline does Gary see further in the Paper?
a. "Witness shot in bar"
68. What does Gary do when he realizes what the headline means?
a. Shoves Marissa off of the bar stool, does a flying tackle into a towel-clad Brigatti to get her out of the way before the bullets start to fly
69. What excuse does Gary use to get away from Brigatti long enough to save the secretary?
a. He tells her he needs to go to the Mens room while she goes to see Corbell
70. What two items does Gary take on his way to find the secretary?
a. Box of Kleenex from the bathroom, bouquet of flowers from a street vendor
71. What is the name of the Special Agent who was the last person to have the gun?
a. Bob Kingman
72. What is the name of the secretary?
a. Joanne Valentine
73. What is her fiancé's name?
74. Why does she want to commit suicide?
a. Her fiancé is late and she thinks hes leaving her
75. What is Gary's condition when he finally emerges from the bathroom?
a. Sweaty and breathing hard
76. Where is Gary going to take Erica for lunch?
a. Cafe Carlucci on Sheffield
77. Who is at McGinty's and follows Erica out?
a. Bob Kingman
78. Why is the restaurant familiar?
a. It's the same one as in Gary's dream at the beginning of the episode
79. What does Gary do when he leans forward to kiss Erica?
a. He knocks the paper off the table onto the floor
80. Who kidnaps Brigatti?
81. Where has Brigatti been taken?
a. Chinatown Marina
82. What nickname does Smolsky use for Brigatti?
a. Dirty Harriet
83. Who was in the leak in the States Attorneys Office?
a. State's Attorney Corbell
84. What does Erica use to knock out the bad guy?
a. An oar
85. Why was Bob following Brigatti?
a. He was worried about her -- with Gary. He was jealous of Gary
86. What do Gary and Erica plan to stop for on their way back to McGinty's?
a. Hot Chocolate
Thanks to Janet for coming up with most of the questions and inspiring the rest. :)
Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters, Inc., CBS Productions, or TriStar Television. No infringement intended, no profits made.
Return to Early Edition Trivia Page
Last updated: April 23, 2002
© 1997 - 2002, etc. firstname.lastname@example.org