1. What is the advertisement for on the bus?
a. Jerry Springer show
2. What pulls up in front of McGintys while Gary is still asleep?
a. A black stretch limousine
3. Where does the mystery person find a key for McGinty's?
a. In a replica gas lamp outside the building
4. What does the person do on the way through the office?
a. Stops and wipes a smudge off of the picture of Chuck
5. Who is the person, and what two-word greeting does Gary get from this person?
a. Chuck -- "Im back!"
6. What item in Gary's room does Chuck ask if he ever uses?
7. How long has Chuck been gone?
a. Six months
8. How many times has Gary heard from Chuck since he left?
9. What is Chuck's shirt made of?
a. Ultra-suede, from a very, very rare cow
10. Who's "people" does Chuck say he can get on the phone?
a. Jack's people, Barbra's people, Steven's people
11. What is Chuck's comment when Gary suspects him of wanting to take a look at the paper?
a. "You still get that thing?"
12. What does Chuck tell Gary, "friend to friend?"
a. The world doesn't revolve around you and your newspaper
13. What kind of therapy does Chuck do/take for his tension?
14. What is the name of Chuck's "therapy" doctor?
a. Dr. Rajah Maduk
15. What is the name of the program that Chuck says hes trying to sell?
a. Bikini Force
16. Who are the main characters in this project?
a. Female cops on roller blades
17. What is Chuck's "one-liner" for his new project?
a. "They're young, they're hot, they're on the beach, and they're under cover... just barely"
18. What does Marissa say about the project?
a. "Chuck thats awful!"
19. What is Chucks reaction to Marissa's statement about the program?
a. He kisses her
20. About what does Marissa prompt Gary to tell Chuck?
a. Giving his half of the bar to Marissa
21. What does Chuck say when Erica enters the bar?
a. "Who's the babe?"
22. What does Erica tell Chuck she found under a loose floorboard?
a. Receipts, unpaid bills & tax returns
23. What does Chuck do with Gary and Marissa before leaving on his errands?
a. Group hug
24. What word does Gary use to describe Chuck when Erica questions their friendship?
a. He's "Chuck-like"
25. What/Who does Gary see on his way to his first save of the day?
a. A strange man who appears to be following him
26. What is the headline in Garys paper that he first has to deal with?
a. Cheerleader killed in school yard accident
27. How will this accident occur?
a. A javelin thrower slips on a baseball in the grass
28. What are the names of two of the cheerleaders?
a. Cindy and Tammy
29. What is the cheer the girls give for Gary?
a. "Gary, Gary hes our man, If he cant do it no one can. For Gary Hobson we are rootin', He's strong and brave and really cute. Gary Hobson, you saved our lives, Gary, do you have a wife?"
30. What is "Al's Italian Beef Sandwich" rated, and what beverage is advertised on their sign at the corner of E. Wells?
a. Rated #1; Diet Coke
31. What is Chucks idea of treating Gary to lunch?
a. Super deluxe steak sandwich and a large fry in the back seat of the limo
32. What does Chuck offer to do for Gary when Gary tells him about being followed?
a. Watch his back and give him a little peace of mind
33. What is the name of the chauffeur?
34. What is the next headline in Garys paper?
a. Little league players injured in freak accident
35. What is the cause of this accident?
a. A moving mans strap snaps allowing a refrigerator to fall
36. Who is the man that's been following Gary?
a. Chuck's nephew
37. What is the name of Chucks production company?
a. Fishman Productions
38. How did Chuck manage to rent the limo?
a. Its a midweek special 3 days for the price of 2 and he had a coupon for the gas. Also he used his credit card.
39. Where did Chuck lose most of the $100,000 the old lady gave him?
a. In Vegas
40. What is the truth of Bikini Force?
a. Chuck had nothing to do with it, he overheard two big-shots talking in a trendy bar
41. What was Chuck's one good idea when he went to Hollywood?
a. A story about a guy who gets tomorrow's newspaper today
42. How long was a studio interested in Chuck's idea?
a. For about a week
43. What did their focus groups and research show?
a. People didn't buy into the premise; guys on the street just don't find him believable
44. Why did Chuck hire someone to video tape Gary?
a. To sell his concept, to generate publicity; get some news footage and leak it to news stations to get the hype machine rolling
45. What is "totally different" between Chuck's idea and Gary's circumstances?
a. The guy's name is Harry, he gets a magazine, and it's delivered by a dog
46. What is Chucks first offer to Gary in exchange for allowing him to use the "early edition" concept for a television show?
a. Ownership of the show, 10% of the gross and a $200 per episode consultanting fee
47. What does he up the ante to as Gary closes the door on him?
a. 15% plus merchandising
48. What is Chuck's third offer?
a. 20% plus a trailer
49. What does Chuck yell to Gary through the door of the loft?
a. Gar', please, don't let me down. Let me in. Gar', C'mon. I'm sorry! Forgive me! I love you. Gary!
50. What does Gary do while Chuck is pleading with him?
a. Breaks the video tape in half and pulls out the tape
51. How long has Chuck's nephew been following Gary?
a. Two weeks
52. What does Chuck owe his nephew?
53. What is his nephew's name?
a. Leonard Trotter
54. What does Chuck say is the reason he hired him?
a. Because Leonard's mother kept pestering him: "Leonard wants to be a movie director. What can you do for Leonard?"
55. What did Leonard do for "effect?"
a. Filmed half of the stuff out of focus
56. Over which shoulder does Gary have the towel while talking to Marissa?
a. His left
57. What does Marissa call Chuck's actions?
a. An act of desperation
58. What had Gary been telling people when they question why he's friends with him?
a. "Chuck's got a big heart, Chuck is very loyal"
59. Who does the "photographer" call in order to sell his copy of the tape of Gary?
a. Jerry Springer
60. What kind of series does he intend on running?
a. Real Life Heroes Series
61. What unusual behavior does Cat exhibit the next morning?
a. He growls and scratches at Gary
62. What story and picture is on the front page?
a. "Chicagos Secret Samaritan"; picture of Gary helping with the refrigerator
63. What happens to the paper after Gary reads the headline and story?
a. It fades away into a blank paper
64. What is Patrick's advice when he sees Gary's blank paper?
a. Take it back to the newsstand and demand a refund
65. What does Gary think the blank paper means?
a. "Maybe Im done" (He thinks his "wish" has finally come true)
66. What makes him rethink that idea?
a. He hears a siren noise from outside and reflexively tries to find a story about it in the Paper
67. Leonard's roommate asks what day it is. What day is it and why does he need to know for sure?
a. "Is today Tuesday, because I need to find my pants"
68. What beverage is advertised on the wall of Leonard's room?
a. Goose Island Beer
69. Which "Jerry" is Leonard's idol, according to his roommate?
a. Jerry Springer
70. What other "Jerrys" does Chuck guess might be the idol?
a. Jerry Lewis, Jerry Mathers, Jerry Garcia
71. To whom did Jerry lose the "Siamese twins" story last summer?
72. What is the theme of the show that Gary and Chuck go to?
a. Brides Who Cheat
73. Who are the two guests on Jerry's show?
a. Chet and Audrey
74. Who is Gary mistaken for when he crosses the stage towards Leonard?
a. The brides lover
75. What name does Gary call Chuck on national television?
76. What does Chuck answer when Chet asks if he's sleeping with Audrey, too?
77. While arguing over McGinty's, what does Gary say when Chuck tells him he was "managing?"
a. "You were managing us into the ground!"
78. What is Chuck's response to Gary's statement, "You couldn't manage a toll booth, friend?"
a. "You couldn't manage a pay toilet"
79. What is the caption over the scenes of Gary and Chuck arguing?
a. "Best Friends. Now they want to kill each other"
80. What is the number on the building where the Springer show is being taped?
81. Who is driving the limo?
82. What is the main headline in the Paper after the print is restored?
a. Cheerleading team killed in plane crash
83. What time is the disaster supposed to strike?
a. 1:30 PM
84. What time is it when Garys paper is restored?
a. 1 PM
85. How many people will be killed?
a. 10 members of the cheerleading team plus their coach
86. What is the *other* headline that grabs his attention?
a. Hollywood producer killed in expressway accident
87. Whats different or odd about the picture of Chuck in the paper?
a. Hes wearing glasses
88. What news is Chet telling his momma on the phone?
a. He and Audrey got married on live TV
89. Who arrives as Gary is attempting to borrow the phone from Chet?
a. Marissa and Patrick in the McGinty's van
90. What does Patrick say Gary is, to help convince Chet to give him the phone without a fight?
a. A black belt
91. Where does Chet tell Gary to send his cell phone?
a. University of Chicago Department of Nuclear Physics Lab
92. Chet says he *could* have been a Nuclear Physicist except for what?
a. The math.
93. What are the names of Leonard's parents?
a. Lila & Al Trotter
94. What is the call sign for the plane?
a. November 2712
95. What is the nearest runway?
96. What does Gary tell Patrick to look for?
a. A stretch limo going the wrong way
97. Near which exit on the expressway are Patrick, Gary, and Marissa?
a. Jefferson Park
98. Chuck offers to write Leonard a check for how much money?
99. What does he up it to after Leonard says he has expenses?
100. How does Chuck attempt to stop the limo?
a. He grabs for the keys
101. How does Gary stop the traffic on the expressway?
a. He has Patrick step on the brake while he turns the wheel
102. How does Chuck greet Gary when hes safe again?
a. He hugs him
103. Where does the plane land?
a. On the now empty freeway
104. What does the headline change to in the paper?
a. Plane makes miraculous expressway landing
105. What is the theme of the next Jerry Springer show?
a. Cheerleaders who faced death
106. Who is helping the cheerleaders out of the plane?
107. What is Gary reading as he closes McGintys at the end of the day?
a. A postcard Chuck sent him from Hollywood
108. How has Chuck finally found success in Hollywood?
a. He sold the cheerleaders story to CBS
109. What is the name of the movie he will be producing?
a. Pom Poms at 30,000 feet
110. What is on Gary's end-table?
a. A picture of Gary and Chuck
Thanks to Janet for coming up with half of the questions and inspiring the rest. :)
Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters, Inc., CBS Productions, or TriStar Television. No infringement intended, no profits made.
Return to Early Edition Trivia Page
Last updated: November 4, 2001
© 1997 - 2001, etc. firstname.lastname@example.org