EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: Where was I? Or as the next post turns -- Brigatti

Author
08/01/00
I watched "Occasionally Amber" tonight. I can't believe I completely forgot about this episode. Someone had mentioned Brigatti catching the wedding bouquet, and I thought, what are they talking about? Now I remember. Too bad that next episode of Brigatti never got made. Although, I can't understand her hitting Gary, my God woman, why would you damage that face?
SkyDancer59
08/01/00
I just think she was really P.O.'d that Gary was loyal to another woman she was jealous of number one, and number two lied to him on top of it all.

Lack of loyalty and lying are two major ways to undermine trust in a relationship. I remember cheering when she whacked him. <g>
Hitomi315
08/01/00
Exactly! I was cheering for Toni, too! Hey, she was sweet and cute until she found out Gary lied to her!! Sometimes Gary can be so "Guy" like other guys, you know what I mean! But I thought they were cute at the end of the episode when they were seeing Chuck and Jade off, holding hands and just having fun ( it might have been my imagination 'cause they were among all the people in front of the church... ) Gary seemed to want to have the "just-dinner-not-a-date" ( typical Gary excuse:) ) with Toni in that episode. Too bad, we didn't get to see their great chemistry after that! Hey, that brings back the "We want Toni and Gary in a 5th season!!"
mrwiseman
08/04/00
I agree Gary deserved that punch. I mean he lied. She was cloriformed, tied up, and had to escape. How can anyone doubt that she is the right woman for Gary? :) Yet at the end of it all they probably will go to a movie together.

I have played the music portion "One fine Day" over and over. I laugh at the part when the lyrics say that the guy "wants to run around." If you imagine this means run around with "the paper" the song is a hoot!

Ren713
08/05/00
I gotta disagree here. If Gary had hit Toni, no matter how well it was deserved, we'd be having a totally different conversation.
Candii
08/06/00
I have to agree Ren with your disagreeing on Toni's whacking Gary, :) and if the table's had been turned, he would have been charged with abuse. I'm embarrassed for Gary when I see Toni constantly putting him down, and she does it in private, and in public too. I feel it makes him look wimpy, unlike the Gary we saw in the Paper. :)

Whether the whack was deserved or not, there are more mature ways of dealing with anger, especially from someone in law enforcement. I use to think that it was cute when he would cringe from her rath, now it'a beginning to make him look wimpy because he never knows whats going to set her off and he's always ducking, and hanging his head when he's around her.

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0003.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com