EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: Favorite Kyle Moments

Author
07/31/00
Since the board had to be changed due to spammers, I'm going to post this to help EarlyDues check the security of the new board as some wonderful person had this thread already going on the old board.

My favorite Kyle moment? How can you pick just one? The ones I find most endearing are the ones where Gary shows the depth of his relationship with Marissa. My first favorite scene was in "The Wall - Part 1" where Marissa comments about him shaking. The second was in Fatal Edition, where he says good-bye to her in the alley. And the third, the scene in Run, Gary, Run when he actually saves her. Those are the most emotional ones...other runner ups are almost any scene where he saves someone from death and holds them after he pulls them up, i.e. Meredith when she finally let go of the paper and he pulled her back up and holds her and the Brigatti scene where he has to pull her up with both hands. Kyle has such a nice way of physically handling women.

My absolute favorite scene however is the Cool Whip scene in "Blowing Up Is Hard to Do." Just because i'd been waiting for it forever. <g>

What's your favorite Kyle scene?
Snows_Cat
07/31/00
Well, you mentioned some of the best moments! Add to those the "well I was curious, wasn't I?" scene from "Fate" and the Gary-carrying-Marissa-with-sprained-ankle scene from "Blackout" and... and... oh, there's too many to choose from! I also think any time that he shows *righteous indignation* is a great Kyle moment.
earlydues
07/31/00
Ooh, righteous indignation! Absolutely! Well, any time he has a chance to show *any* strong emotion makes for a favorite Kyle moment.
Ren713
07/31/00
I think the scene in "The Wrong Man" when he is playing squash is up there. The "I was curious, wasn't I?" scene in "Fate" was also really good. I also loved the scene in "Gifted" where he and Nikki are talking about the stress that comes with knowing what is going to happen and he gives her a hug. The scene in "Don't Walk Away, Renee," where she is shaving him and she accidently nicks him and she says, "it's just a little..." and he cuts in with "gash." I also saw "Blind Faith" for the first time this week. Wow, talk about bonding between he and Marissa! I think my two favorite scenes in that was when he admitted he was scared and at the end where he hugged her and asked, "you have a big smile on your face?" I thought that was way cool!
TerriRuth
08/01/00
All the ones mentioned are so good. My favorites from "Don't Walk Away, Renee" are the little scenes. When the camera cuts to his mom, and she silently mouths "cute" while putting her wrists together indicating Gary handcuffed to Renee. Also, the scene at the bar with Gary and his mom when he asks her about missing chances in life for happiness and he doesn't really want her advice but she gives it to him anyway. I like it when we get to see the more personal side of Gary.
Dollene
08/02/00
I agree with Sky Dancer he does have a way of physically handling women. I also love the way he looks at a woman right before he kisses her. sigh! I love the scene at the end of Blind Faith when he is asleep and he gets this little smile, then it fades then it is back. I am just dying to know what he is dreaming about. Oh there are way too many to go into. I love all of his moments, it is so hard to just pick a few favorites.
stephaniearwen
08/02/00
All the moments that have already been mentioned are great. I also love the one in "Play It Again, Sammo" when Gary ends up buying that CD rack because he can't say no to Amy. My roomate Arlene was watching it with me the other night, and her comment after that scene was, "He's such a sucker," to which I replied, "Yes, but he's sweet sucker." LOL! And I love any scene that demonstrates Gary's compassion or vulnerability. If I were to pick an absolute favorite moment, though, I would have to go with the emotional climax in "Fate." I always enjoy Kyle, but I was absolutely floored by his performance in the carpet store- ever since I taped this ep, I've watched this scene five or six times because it's just so amazing.
Lilya
08/03/00
There are so many and all the ones mentioned are wonderful. Kyle is such an expressive actor but there are few things that really stick out in my mind. I loved the look he gave Brigatti at the end of Fatal eddition. It was so intense! Also love his espression as he is looking around during the voice over of the letter. It says something like "Somewhere between the pages of our Newspaper find time to live it" ( I don't remember the exact words but that is pretty Close) And Gary starts looking around and sees a couple walk by and the exercise class and then a family. And he gets this adorable smile on his face. It was just the cutest expression and it read into everything that Gary was feeling.
SarSar
08/06/00
I loved him in the episode "Weathergirl". It was so cute when she came to his loft and asked if he remembered the night they had kissed. He replied "Yes I do" with a half-smile and it was so cute! Another GREAT thing about that episode is that we got to see Kyle in nothing but a towel. WOW! My other favorites are in the episode "The Out-of-Towner" when he came to visit the man who broke his leg when he fell into the pothole and brought him a basket of muffins. I thought that was so cute! In the episode "Fate" he gave an AMAZING performance. I also liked the episode "Snow Angels" when he didn't want to leave Earl. I thought that that was sooooo sweet! I also liked the part when he started crying about the homeless man who wouldn't leave the street. It only a little tear and a sniffle, but I thought that it was wonderful how he reacted. :) It makes me so sad that CBS cancelled EE! :( At least we get to see reruns! :)
KyleGirl2002
08/07/00
There are too many to choose! My favorite ones include when Gary saved the little girl from her accident. :D and when Gary and Chuck are fighting on The Jerry Springer Show! :D

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0004.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com