EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: Chuck and Christmas

Author
08/02/00
In the episode "Christmas" this past weekend, Chuck was talking about not getting a particular sled from Santa. He's Jewish. I guess this was a gaffe from season 1 when the characters were getting established. Maybe one parent was Jewish the other wasn't? Watching "Occasionally Amber" the other night made me realize how much I missed Chuck. If there was a season 5, it'd be nice if Chuck and Jade moved back to Chicago, or at least visited more often.
SkyDancer59
08/03/00
There was an rumor that Fisher had expressed an interest in returning to the series for Season 5. I don't know if he said this when he was doing voice overs for Fox Family or what. All I know is that Fisher is an incredible director and would be a fantastic addition to the series in that capacity.

Also, having he and Jade so happily married would give Gary a template and some self-assurance on the determination to succeed in his relationship with Brigatti...or whoever else they throw in if Constance Marie isn't available. <shrug> It would really do the show justice.
mrwiseman
08/07/00
I think Chuck was not raised Orthodox. Jewish people who are not very "strict" do celebrate Christmas (the secular part --Santa etc.). His family were probably not very "active" Jews. Remember he had to brush up on the Talmud (Jewish law) when he was dating the Rabbi. I do not think the writers made a mistake. :)

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0005.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com