EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: What situations or scenes would you have liked to have seen Gary in?

Author
08/08/00
First I would like to say I am a new EE fan. Just started watching the Fox reruns. I have been enjoying all your comments and observations.I have only seen about half of the episodes so forgive me if some of these things have occured.

Some of the situations I would have liked to have seen Gary in : A yoga class( that would have made for some great comedic scenes), dancing( counrty western or jitter bug or even some flashbacks of sulsa dancing with Marsha would have been nice), some "real" romantic type moments( maybe making dinner for his girlfriend or slow dancing with her in the loft or something like that), and last but not least,impersonating a priest(temporarily,of course) and hearing an interesting female confession. The expressions on his face would probably have been priceless. Anyway, those are some starters . What do you think?

Ren713
08/08/00
I would have liked to see Gary fall in love, get married and have a family. I think Gary in the delivery room would be hysterical (of course the paper would have him almost miss the darn thing!) I would also like to see Gary laugh more. The one quality a permanent girlfriend would need to have would be one that would make him laugh and play. The closest I've seen to that was in "Romancing the Throne" at the ice rink. I also would have liked to seen him with a really smart independent woman and have some really sharp dialouge scenes. I haven't seen that yet, though Renee came close and the other night when Brigatti threatened to handcuff him to the bed and he got that mischeivous look on his face and said, "As interesting proposition as it is..." was pretty good, too. I also would have liked more Gary in a towel scenes and another make out scene like he had with Meredith wouldn't be bad, either. Okay, I'm going to take a cold shower now!
TerriRuth
08/08/00
Gary's comment to Brigatti about handcuffing him to the bed was a good one! Also like his retort to her at the Ball, "If I was married to you, I'd shoot myself."

Can't remember the episode name, but I really laughed at Molly Green's comment to Gary when they were trying to find a bomb at the Sun-Times building and she says, "How are we going to find your needle in my haystack?" The weird look he gives her is priceless.

I read somewhere that Kyle was in an unaired pilot for FOX called the "Pastor's Wife." You'd think they might dig it up, considering it was David E. Kelley's vehicle and his success lately.

The suggestion of Gary hearing a confession by accident might be an interesting episode.
Candii
11/09/00
:) :) :) Everybody is sooo creative! I loved the impersonating a priest one, and the one about an interesting female confession! Would have been some good stuff! Gary always looks good in any type of uniform, what a treat that would have been! How about a Gary look alike who comes to town but has the exact opposite of Gary's personality. He's mean, and cruel, and is stirring up trouble around town, causing trouble for an innocent Gary.
Dollene
08/10/00
Hey, Candi and evil twin would be a good one :) I would like to see flashbacks of Gary's life. Back when he was more carefree. Like with him and Chuck in college.
TerriRuth
08/13/00
The morning headline has one about "Historic Properties Forclosed on in Chicago." Gary doesn't think much about it until the Cat keeps directing his attention to it. He starts reading and McGinty's is on the list. He's a little puzzled because he owns the bar outright and the taxes are paid, upon further reading turns out all the properties were insured by the same company with the same agent. Gary has to track down this agent, who seems to have skipped town, and calls up Crumb for help. A short road trip with those two would be fun.
FROGGIRL
08/20/00
i like the comments shown. i'd like to seen gary slow dancing in McGinty's or his loft with either place covered with candles and flowers. i'd like to see gary have a powerful, romantic moment with a woman he loves, i like to see gary holding a baby, have gary tell the woman he loves how he feels, i'd like to see gary sing, marry a nice girl, or THE BEST ONE, I'D LIKE TO SEE GARY ON HIS KNEES IN PRAYER
Dollene
08/21/00
Ditto to Froggirls ideas. Those are definately some scenes we shouldn't have missed. I would have really loved to see Gary tell someone he loved them and have it said back to him. I can just imagine the scene. Sigh. We have almost come close a couple of times to seeing him in prayer. Like in Frostbit, when he looks heavanward and cries, "come on! Don't do this." It was a prayer if I have ever said one.
Ren713
08/22/00
You know, I'm not the most religious person to ever walk the face of the Earth, but I thought the perfect ending to Fate would have been him saying the serenity prayer, just because one of the themes of the episode was Gary learning -- in Marissa's words -- "you can change a lot of things, Gary, but you can't change fate." There was a scene -- I can't remember the name of the episode -- where Gary is waiting for a nun to tell her a character named JoJo died, and he is waiting for her in a pew with his head down. I always thought he praying for the right words before she got there.
FROGGIRL
08/22/00
Ren, that's excellent that Gary had his head down, that's showing respect in a house of God. If any of y'all remember the scene in Fate, where it's Jeremiah's funeral and the priest is ending the service and he says the final prayer, Gary says, "Amen," agreeing with the mourners. I read that Marissa's faith is a guide to Gary in terms of the paper. I like the fact that Gary has called upon a higher power to help, even if it was yelling up to the sky (Frostbit). It shows the audience, that even though he gets the paper and prevents the bad things from happening, he still is only a man with limited human strength and needs a higher power in his life. Let's hope and pray that Kyle and the other EE cast members are in shows that presented people calling on a higher power. :)

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0014.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com