EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: Who knows about the Paper besides Gary?

Author
08/15/00
Here is a question that I would like to throw out to all you Early Edition fans...I had to think about this one pretty good...going episode by episode.
How many people, besides Gary, know about the paper?
I have counted 15 so far...can you name them all?
Fortunata6
08/15/00
Gary, Marissa, Chuck, Lois Hobson, Bernie Hobson, Erica, Henry, Meredith, and the boy from "Blind Faith" are all I can come up with.
Hitomi305
08/15/00
Gary's parents, Lois and Bernie, Marissa, Chuck, Meredith, Henry, Erica... who else? Gary told his lawyer in FE, but he didn't take him seriously. Did you count Lucious? Oh, Sam Cooper and Joey Clams.. That's ten if you count Lucious in. You can't count the girl in Gifted since Gary didn't tell her exactly... I give up!
Ten is my final ( if you don't count Lucious in, then it's nine ).
kc777
08/15/00
Also , the little brother in "Hoops". He called it the magic paper.

I just remembered another one, J.T. Marley from "The Wall".

SnowsCat
08/15/00
You guys are good...Here are the other ones I came up with (Even thought Gary didn't tell some of these people about the paper, they still found out that he got tomorrow's newspaper): Louie (from The Cat), Michael Williams (the older brother from Hoops also knew), Rachel Greenburg (from Faith, she knew it was tomorrow's paper). Any others??
Candii
08/15/00
It's funny that you should ask that question because I was just thinking that more people seemed to have known about the paper in the first and second seasons than they did in the latter ones. Gary never told them, they saw it for themselves and figured it out on their own, and it was like it wasn't such a big deal. In the later episodes, it was like this big secret that no one was ever to know, but of course he ended up telling certain ones for one reason or another.
karens608
08/16/00
I think I have it. Chuck, Marissa, Bernie, Lois, Meredith, Louie (the Cat), J.T. Marley (The Wall), Rachel (Faith), Michael and Robby Williams(Hoops), Henry, Erica, Nate (Blind Faith), Joey Clams and Sam Cooper.
Fortunata6
08/16/00
Santa! We're forgetting Santa from Christmas!
SnowsCat
08/16/00
You got it!! I was surprised that many people knew when I figured it out considering Gary only told a few people himself...they just found out!
Candii
08/16/00
Did anyone mention the judge from Time? And how about the girl from Dad who made a comment about Gary seeing something in the paper, and thanked him for helping her with her dad situation.
princess202
08/22/00
Thats a lot of people who know bout the paper! Good job 'Karens608' I wouldn't have remember all of those people but I did remeber 2 other u didn't mention... Gary and the lawyer that he told in Fatel Edition!! (But does that count? The lawyer didn't really beleive him... oh well) Plus whoever sends it.
It really bothers me that they don't renew EE!!!
Candii
08/28/00
I was just watching Don't walk away Renee, and Gary did tell Renee about the paper, even though she thought that he was kidding around. It was unheard of for Gary to tell anyone about the paper, unless he felt that there was something special about that person, or unless it was a do or die situation. So we can say that the ONLY people Gary has ever told about the paper whether they believe him or not were, Renee, the lawyer from Fatal, mom and dad, Marissa, Chuck, and Erica, The others either found out on there own, or already knew about the magic paper. Right? I could be wrong. :) Anyway, just making conversation, it's awfully quiet out there. ;)
SnowsCat
08/28/00
You are right about who Gary told and who stumbled upon the paper. Except even his own parents found out about the paper without Gary telling them about it. His dad found out first, then his mom later. I thought about Renee too when I compiled my list, but I didn't count her because she didn't believe him!
ZIGGY07734
08/29/00
I'm not sure but in the Episode when Chuck returns from California and starts having his nephew follow Gary around to video tape saves made by Gary, does he know about the paper because of Chuck? After all he does take a copy to be reviewed by "Jerry Springer". What explaination would he give to the Springer show just to see Gary in action. I remember the pages of the newspaper just dissapearing with Gary on the front page. Maybe I missed something?
Candii
08/29/00
Actually I can't be certain, but it seemed as if Chuck WANTED to leaked something out about Gary and the paper, for a series he was thinking of writing,(A guy who gets tomorrow's magazine today, or something like that) and for proof, he wanted to get something on tape to help sell his concept. I think his motive was to later expose Gary though, but it never happened. Whether he told his nephew, I'm not sure. His nephew never mentioned anything about the paper, he seemed only interested in selling the tape showing an unsung hero, going around town saving people's lives. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. This is my third attempt at trying to get this right. Good question Ziggy, because if Chuck did tell his nephew, then we missed one!
epotter1
08/30/00
also the Reporter lady, and the guy from new york "Sam" I think his name is that got the paper in new york, and his friend who took over the paper for him that came and met Garry in the episode where the people were evaluating him on how he used the paper, in which they also knew about the paper...So what is the total now?? Just thought I would add those...

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0018.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com