EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: Romancing the Throne - LOL!

Author
09/25/00
Tonight was the first time I actually saw this episode in its entirety, and let me just say I thought the beginning was SO CUTE! I nearly died laughing when Chuck walked into the office to find Gary out like a light and snoring! LOL! LOL! I also loved it when the princess started to undress, and Gary quickly turned his back to her and murmured, "Oh, boy..." LOL! TCFW!!!
karens608
09/26/00
I loved that scene too. Whenever Gary says "Oh, boy" it reminds me of one of my other favorite shows, Quantum Leap. In fact, I think that Gary Hobson and Sam Beckett are a lot alike. By the way, what's TCFW?
sydney
09/26/00
I thought that was cute too. :) The whole ep was cute, it was like another version of the movie "Roman Holiday"
stephaniearwen
09/26/00
TCFW stands for "Too Cute For Words." I use that phrase all the time where Gary is concerned, so I decided to shorten it. :)
Macredd
09/26/00
I agree with you that Gary and Sam Beckett are alot alike. A little naive and extremely idealistic. Quantum Leap was one of my favorite shows. They always cancel the good ones. My favorite part of Romancing the Throne has to be when the princess takes the paper from Gary at the ice rink and starts throwing one page at a time. It was "TCFW"!
Ren713
09/26/00
As goofy as the scene with the congo line is, there were so many scenes in it I love -- the scene where Gary and Sibella are skating and they fall into each other arms and Kyle is actually laughing (how rare is that?), the scene where they kiss at the with the Chicago skyline in the background and the scene where Chuck asks Gary "You have a princess in your bed? Well, did you?" and Gary is a little ticked and says "No," and Chuck said "You would have asked me the same question." As much as the princess wasn't the one for him, I would have loved to see Gary as carefree as he was with her with someone else. Did that come out right?
Candii
09/26/00
Romancing the Throne was a very cute episode and I loved it. One of my favorites, but is it just me or does anyone else feel that there wasn't really a romance between the two, but just Gary being a gentleman and hospitable towards the young lady who seemed to be experiencing her new found freedom (of about 24 hrs) And a gentleman he was, giving her probably her first kiss ever, and allowing her to be free for a little while without her being taken advantage of. Is it just me, or does anyone else feel the same way? I am hurrying while writing this, so excuse me if there are some mistakes. :)
Macredd
09/28/00
I have to disagree with you, Candii. I think he liked her, he just wasn't as swept up as she was. The expression on his face at the press conference is why I think he had feelings for her. I admit, though, I actually rolled my eyes when she tells him not to watch her leave-it's so over-the-top.
tdmiller82
09/28/00
I think that Gary liked the Princess, but I don't know if I'd say that he had romantic feelings for her. I suspect that he felt a connection with her in that she had responsibilities which she could not get away from, just as he had with the paper. While her responsibilities are clearly different than Gary's & she was born into this sense of duty, the common link is that neither she nor Gary asked for the obligation that has thrust upon them. The skating scene is so great because you got to see two people being totally carefree. We don't get to see Gary relax too often so this was such a treat!
Candii
09/28/00
Oh no, I'm not saying that he didn't like her, I'm sure that he did, but I just don't feel that he liked her in a romantic type of way. Although I do feel that she may have fallen in love with him. :)

I think that the expression he showed at the press conference was one
of admiration, and he seemed proud of her, I suppose that she had accepted her responsibility, and instead of running away from it could take charge of it and maybe bring about some good. I think, he thought that she had matured some too. I don't know.

I agree TD, the two had something in common, and that gary felt for her, and could relate with her having such a great responsibility put upon her, yet it was one she was born into. That part where she told him not to watch her walk away was kind of corny. (Oh how I wish the roll eyes emoticons worked ) :)

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0024.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com