EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: Home

Author
10/11/00
If Gary's room at the Blackstone had such extensive fire damage & the only thing that was recovered was the Lost Chicago book, how come Gary found the pen knife with his initals later in Time? Also, Gary read about the fire in the paper moments before it started. Why did he just stare at it rather than go for a fire extinquisher like he usually does? I was thinking that maybe he was in shock & was paralyzed with fear, but we did see in the next scene when Gary was standing outside of the hotel looking at his room engulfed in flames, that he was calm enough to think to throw some things in a bag.
ken_joe
10/11/00
I think that he threw the pen knife in the bag, or maybe the cat had it. If it had to do with the paper, it was saved. I mean Snow could have done something, weird things happen on the show all the time. And like Gary said in the episode (about the hotel room burning down) that it might be a signal to move on, go somewhere else. Well, kinda, but I like him and McGinty's!! :)
Candii
10/11/00
I'm thinking that because Gary was a young boy at the time Snow gave him the pen knife, it may have been one of many forgotten things left at his parents home in Hickory. Probably thrown in a box with some of his other things, and when he inherited Mcginty's, he moved in more of his personal belongings. Not saying that he was even aware of the pen knife when he move into Mcginty's, it had been such a long time ago, but the knife could have been in one of his old boxes brought from his parents house. Maybe.

Also, you noticed that the cat was in bed with him that morning trying to stir him, and not in his usual place outside the door. That happens from time to time when the cat has something urgent for Gary to know about. There was another episode when Gary awakens to find the cat in bed with him, and he snuggles with it before realizing it. (it looks sooo, cute!) and then he says hey, what are you doing in here? You're suppose to be outside. Except that time, the paper was in the bed too. I forgot what the episode was about or what the headline said, but I know that it was very important. :)

In Home, although the cat was in the bed, the paper was still outside the door, which meant that Gary had to get up and go get it, giving him time to get out of that room. When he opens the door, the paper is outside, and so is the cat. The room must have burned up pretty quickly, and Gary only had enough time to grab a bag and throw in a few things,jeans, and a couple of pair of those famous underwear that we like seeing so much. :)

Did I mention which EE character I wanted to be? Just checking. :)

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0029.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com