EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: Just One of Those Things

Author
11/02/00
I have ranted and raved about this episode on the EEL group but since I watched again tonight I am angered all over again. This is the ep where I really started to dislike Erica. The scene where Marissa tells her Gary has a tummy ache and her response is "are you going to be able to make our date? The unmitigated gall of that woman. To think HER date was more important than Gary's health. Then when he showed up late for their date and she was mad. Even though he came in covered in sewar. Did she really think his "Fear of committment" was so great he would swim through the sewar as an excuse not to make their date. What an over inflated ego this woman has. Aargh. She makes me so angry. Then the whole "fear of committment" Speach she gives Gary while he is trying to be open and honest about the paper. No wonder he never tried to tell Brigatt about it. That experience itself should have been enough to keep Gary from ever telling anyone about the paper and would have been enough to turn him off women forever. Thank God we only had to endure her for one season. But IMHO 1 season too many. Excuse my rantings but you guys are the only ones who will listen. :)
shana93
11/02/00
Dollene
I must agree with you on this one. But I think the worst was in yesterday's episode when Erica believes that Gary hit McGruder. How could anyone who truly knows Gary think that he would hit an elderly man. And I don't understand why Marissa takes Erica's side, she knows him better than anyone.
karens608
11/03/00
Dollene-
While I'm no fan of Erica's, I don't really think I could blame her for not believing Gary about the paper since he didn't show it to her right away. But I agree with you about the sewer incident. I mean, that's quite an extreme measure to go through to avoid a date.

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0035.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com