EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: Gary's ::ahem:: creative storytelling...

Author
10/21/00
I was watching "In Gary We Trust" last night, and the following question came to mind- what do you think is the funniest/most outrageous lie Gary has had to tell to either avoid explaining the paper or to pull off a save?

I have to think about this one...
karens608
10/23/00
I think my vote would have to go to Hot Time In The Old Town when Gary claims to be a spelunker who explores tunnels because Chicago doesn't have any caves. Trotter looks at him like he should be committed!
tdmiller82
10/23/00
In Fate, when Armstrong asks Gary about pulling the fire alarm, I think that Gary said something about smelling metal burning to which Armstrong was like "from outside"? Since you are the expert on Fate, you probably remember the exact words from this scene :) I think that I'm pretty close, though.
Candii
10/23/00
How about in the episode Collision when gary burst into a tailor shop pretending to be a Dr Keenon's assistant.

And in Slippity Do-Da, when he tried to cancel the Gospel concert, saying that the guy had booked someone else, the Springer Show. His facial expression looks so funny when he knows that he's telling a big one, especially when he was lying to the two Priests. Lol!!
stephaniearwen
10/23/00
I think the one from "Hot Time in the Old Town" was one of my favorites as well. And yes, Candi, Gary lying to the priests was also VERY funny! :) I also liked the one in "Crumb Again," when Gary had to explain to Brigatti what he was doing in the manhole. :) "Well, some friends of mine lost their dog..." I loved Brigatti's reaction especially: "So you decided to open a manhole cover and go exploring?" "That's right..." Then there's the one in "In Gary We Trust," when Gary had to cover for his anxiousness regarding the paper: "Well, it's my paper. I happen to be very wary of germs. Don't you know that 75% of all germs are spread by sharing newspaper?"
TerriRuth
10/24/00`
Stephaniearwen, that scene from "Crumb Again" about the dog is one of the ones I like too. Brigatti's look says it all. Plus from that same epsiode at the very beginning with Gary calling Crumb to tell him to go outside and look at the Northern Lights. Then Crumb shows up at McGinty's, "I want to know what else you know about my cabin." Gary, "I, I don't know anything else." "Oh, don't give me that Hobson...... LOL!
Jenna213
10/30/00
I definately like the explanation :) in "In Gary we Trust" where he claims he did a 100 yard dash to the nearest steam room to get rid of the frog in his throat. Also, though this wasn't Gary's story, in that same episode, it's funny when Patrick and Marissa lie to Ericha that Gary is upstairs with relative-type aquaintance that has been in the hospital for the last 5 years and has a bodily fliud condition.
stephaniearwen
10/30/00
I was just watching "Slippity Doo-Dah," and I think some of Gary's funniest lies are from this episode. Besides the one where he told the priest and the rabbi that the choir had booked the Springer Show, I also cracked up when Gary told Matty he was part of the healthy back awareness campaign, and also when he told the guy at the engineering office (after looking at the calendar on the wall) that he was from the Fjord meter company! :) Oh, and I nearly died when Gary got caught trying to slash the bus tires! LOL! LOL! You could tell from his face that he knew he was in trouble! LOL! LOL! :) :) :)
Candii
11/15/00
In Nest Egg, when Gary is spying on his his mom and follows her into a bar. She catches him and asks if he was following her. He lies and says no. She asks why was he there, he says he was there to have a beer. She says Gary, you own a bar and he replies, well..we ran out of pretzels. I thought that was funny.
shana93
11/15/00
You all have mentioned in Crumb Again when Gary says he is looking for his neighbor's dog. I thought the funniest part of this lie was that he called the dog "Brownie". LOL. That just cracked me up.
Becky376
11/16/00
I thought last night's ep buihtd, was funny when Gary says to the detective that his contacts rolled underneath the car and while looking underneath he found the bomb. That was just hysterrical how he came up with that on the spur of the moment, and considering he doesn't even wear contacts. :)

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0045.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com