EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: If You Had To Choose

Author
11/18/00
If you were fortunate enough to catch Homefront, and Kyle's portrayal of Jeff Metcalf,then you can see why it was so easy to fall for him. There was an innocence, and honesty about Jeff that won him a place in my heart right along with Gary Hobson. :) Because both guys have qualities that we like, I would like to know which of the two would you prefer. I know that it is hard to decide, so I left a way out. :) Oh, and I also added another character. Gary Hobson from season one. LOL!! I think that his personality changed over the years, and I think that I preferred the Gary of the first two seasons. What do you think? Jeff Metcalf, Gary (season one and two), Gary (season three) or all three?
Dollene
11/18/00
How kind of you Candi to give us an out :) I chose Gary now, mainly because he is in the here and now (yeah like he's real) but if It was 1947. I'd be all over Jeff. :)
tdmiller82
11/18/00
I was the one who introduced the Gary Hobson/Jeff Metcalf topic & I have difficulty choosing between the two characters myself for the reasons expressed in my thread on this subject :) However, if I really had to put it on the line, I'd have to say Gary because Jeff ended up cheating on Ginger with that snake Caroline & I'm really mad at him for that! Also, for Dollene's reason that Jeff is circa 1947 & Gary is the here & now. Finally, my very personal reason is that Gary can ride a horse :) :) :)
Ren713
11/18/00
I'd say season 1&2 Gary. Season 3, Gary turned into a grump. I know I'm getting off on a tangent here, but how old was Jeff suppose to be? Early 20s, late teens? I didn't consider Jeff sleeping with Caroline cheating, because he and Ginger were broken up. Still, it was pretty disgusting. Caroline --eeeewwww!(The expression on my face is the same as find yogurt 3 months past its expiration date.) But then again, I didn't like Ginger. I kept hoping Jeff and Judy would get together. Kyle Chandler and Kelly Rutherford. Now there is a hot looking couple! Anyone know where I can get a hold of some "Homefront" eps?
Candii
11/18/00
I knew that this would be a hard one, it was for me, and I still can't decide. LOL!! Because the Gary of season 3+ was such a grump, as someone else mentioned, I would have to choose between Jeff and Gary of season 1. I think they were similiar in personality except Jeff didn't seem as uptight as Gary. I think that both took a lot of things serious, and even though Jeff was younger, I think that he was very mature for his age, mature enough to turn Ginger down to prove something when things were heatin up. :) :)
But I am going to pick bachelor number 2 which is Gary of season one.
My reason would be because he had it all, sensitivity a serious nature, he was loving, devoted, honest, a bit naive (still expecting Marcia to call, and even after she tossed him a packed suitcase) :rollereyes: and he had fire, something Gary 3 seemed to have lost. There is something about Gary that makes you want to put your arms around him. Jeff had spunk, Gary had fire! :) :) :)
Dollene
11/18/00
Jeff was 2 years younger than Ginger so he would have been 22 when the show started. Shame on you for wishing the demise of Jeff and Ginger. That is a sacrelidge :)
tdmiller82
11/19/00
You didn't like Jeff & Ginger as a couple? I thought that they looked great together. While Judy was attractive in a sophisicated kind of way, I thought that Judy & Jeff just had a nice friendship. Plus, Judy seemed too mature for Jeff. You could tell that they cared about each other. Judy was willing to offer Jeff (and Ginger) advice to help their relationship while Jeff was worried about Judy getting involved with Mike Sloan, Sr. Maybe it was me, but I couldn't picture Jeff and Judy as romantic couple.

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0049.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com