EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: If you could have anything of Gary's, what would it be?

Author
11/19/00
I was wondering, if you could have anything of gary's, what would it be? Pick two things. One that is tangible, and one that is intangible. For example, my choices would be:

1) INTANGIBLE: I would want his love :) . If I can't have his love,
I would want his friendship. I kinda envy the
friendship he has with Marissa. They care about
eachother sooo much.

2) tangible: That dark, dark brown leather jacket that he always
wore during most of season 1...he also wore it in
the episode "Fate." You all know which jacket I'm
talking about. :)
Ren713
11/19/00
Well, I think like everyone else, for the intangible, I'd want his heart. I'd also want his ability to help people, even when I don't like them. As for the tangible, I want his towels (insert wicked feminine giggle here)
stephaniearwen
11/19/00
INTANGIBLE: Gary's humane insight- the way he can look at someone on whom society has already pretty much passed its judgements and see something MORE. The example that comes to mind at the moment is "Bat Masterson-" it deeply touches me how Gary was so willing to look beyond the surface "insanity" of Bat and see the struggling soul beneath. Even in "The Quality of Mercy," when many of us would completely forgive Gary for turning away, he still picked up something in that car, telling Hernandez he still had a choice instead of asting judgement. I try everyday to cultivate that quality in myself.

TANGIBLE: Well, I'm already Keeper of Gary's Ice Pack, but I wouldn't mind keeping his whole first aid kit (if he has one). I always feel sorry for Gary when he gets injured, and I would love to be the one to meet him at the door with the ice and the bandaids.
Dollene
11/19/00
Intangible would have to be his eyes. They are a wonderful set aren't they. His truly are the windows to his soul. The tangible. I'm keeper of his Reeboks but I guess I would like to have his pillow to snuggle up with, If I couldn't have him of course. :)
Candii
11/20/00
Intangible: Wow! His love. Is there anything else? It would be all that I would need. I certainly wouldn't break his heart after he's given it.

Tangible: His child. :) *After* of course we are married then he would be mine all mine!!! Forever!!! (Slobbering,turning green,hump forming on back,with an evil wicked grin spreading across face)hehe. >:( LOL!!
karens608
11/20/00
Intangible: I would probably say his values. I particularly like the fact that he has never felt that the reason he gets the paper is so that he can get rich. He felt that way even before he realized that he could use the paper to help people.

Tangible: After seeing His Girl Thursday on local syndication yesterday, all I can say is - I want to be on the receiving end of that kiss he gave Meredith in the hallway! Wow! :)
sari_chandler
11/20/00
INTANGIBLE: hmmmm, this is a hard one. I would want his inner goodness: his soul. He must be something pretty special to receive that newspaper.

TANGIBLE: His appartment (the one above McGinty's). I love that place. It would be a perfect place for a single person like me. :)

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0051.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com