EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: Lollypop

Author
11/15/00
I heard that in one of the episodes, Gary has a very embarrassing moment with a lolipop. I don't wanna know what it is. I just was wondering what episode it is in because I wanna really wanna see it. :) Thanks.
shana93
11/15/00
If I remember correctly, the episode is Take Me Out to the Ballgame. When you see it, be prepared to be ROFL.
stephaniearwen
11/15/00
The embarassing moment you are referring to is in "Take Me Out To The Ballgame," which is coming on early next week (Monday?) at 10 pm if I'm not mistaken. Check the listings. Chuck shows up in the middle of a rescue and...well, I won't spoil it for you, but I nearly died laughing, particularly with the scene that came afterwards (that's where the lollipop comes in). Poor Gary! After an incident like that, I think I would've left the city, especially since it ended up in the paper! :) :) :)
Candii
11/15/00
Poor Gary! :( The look on his face after that embarrassing incident, was so funny. Without spoiling anything, I just want to say that his shoes must have been pretty greasy! LOL!! ;)
Dollene
11/15/00
LOL Candi. I wondered the same thing. But the scene in the bar afterwards is priceless. I have always wondered if there might have been a double meaning to the lollipop thing. ;)
Melodey
11/16/00
Is the part towards the beginning or end or somewhere in the middle cause maybe I'll just tape that part. I could have sworn that I've seen this episode before. Isn't it the one were Gary and Chuck have to help that Rookie pitcher from getting hurt? And then at the end, Chuck gives his Cubs tickets to a little kid and his dad cause the tickets were sold out and they couldn't get tickets? I've seen it, but I must have missed that part.
stephaniearwen
11/17/00
Yep, that's the right ep. The scenes in question are the teaser and the first scene after the first commercial, as I recall. :)
Becky376
11/20/00
Okay, can someone please explain to me what happened during this lolipop scene. I missed the first part of the show. I am just dying to know and don't worry about spoiling anything. :)
Dollene
11/20/00
Gary had climbed up a ladder to warn a worker to move a bucket away from the edge to keep it from falling on a woman. When he got to the top the guy had on earphones and couldn't hear Gary. Then along comes Chuck up the ladder with Gary. The worker sees the two and tells them to get down. They have him move the bucket and they start down the ladder. The ladder falls and chuck is hanging onto Gary's legs while gary is hanging on to the scaffolding. Chuck starts losing his grip and asks gary where his belt is and thenext thing you know chuck is on the ground with gary's jeans and boxers. Poor Gary is left hanging literally with nothing but his shirt and reeboks. I just can't figure out how the jeans came off over the tennis shoes though. Anyway a picture of it gets put in the sun times and Chuck and Patrick are giving gary a hard time saying it looks like he has a tattoo of a lollipop on his butt. He says its a shadow and patrick says of a lollipop? It is a very funny scene.
Becky376
11/21/00
Thanks, Dollene. Oh, boy that must have been something else. as I was reading I felt totally embarassed for him, imagine how he felt. :o Yikes! At first I thought this scene had something to do with the actual candy lolipop. I was reading some of the other posts on this topic trying to figure out this scene and I couldn't understand why his shoes would be greasy. I hope they run this episode again, this time I'll be sure to catch it. ;)

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0052.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com