EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: Ladies, this one's for you! :-)

Author
11/19/00
I've been dying to do this for awhile, and I just can't resist anymore. I guess being sick has broken down all my defenses. :)

Complete the following statement:

If I were Gary's woman...

I'll wait until somebody else posts an answer before I post mine. Have fun, but remember, this is a family board. ;)
rosee
11/19/00
well, I do have a couple of things in mind to complete this statement, but like you said, this site is rated G; so I would say that:

If I were Gary's woman...I would never let him out of my sight, never let him out of my arms; I would love him, he would love me, and we would keep eachother happy (using hot fudge, of course...and you could use you own imaginations to interpret this comment :) ).
Candii
11/19/00
Family board, oh darn!! :) Well, first of all, I would find out what Gary likes, and dislikes. Example: Does he like to be nibbled on his ear, the one with the mole, ;) or does he like to be kissed on the back of his neck, where his hair line is cut into that v shape. That kind of thing. Oh..and then I would definately wear what he likes. We never got to know what Gary liked in a woman and that wasn't the question I know :) but that came to my mind as I was thinking of what I would do if I were his woman. We know that he liked blueberry pancakes with melted butter and was it served in bed? I don't remember. What did Marcia know anyway? They were probably frozen pancakes. :) (Can you guys tell that I am trying to stretch this out?) Anyway, after doing all of these things *first*, if I were Gary's woman,I would hold him, and whisper in his ear that I loved him, and would tell him so everyday before he left home, and everynight when he came home from a hard day of saves. I would whisper, "I love you "

Sigh~ Thanks for the topic Stephanie, I needed to get that out! ;)
Ren713
11/19/00
Didn't Janet Jackson write a song about this? "If I was your girl, oh the things I'd do to you..." Sorry, got lost. G-rated? Dang! I'll try. I'd make Gary a big Italian or Cuban dinner. After a long day running around saving everyone, I'd love to make him a hot bath, have the place all lit up in candles and give him a massage. I'd love to sit and watch a sunset with him, glass of wine and two rocking chairs on the roof of McGinty's listening to Otis Redding's "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay" (Done this, well of course not with Gary on the roof of McGinty's. I reccomend it to anyone.) I'd get him away from the paper for one day. I'd marry him and have a child with him. I'd love to just hold him and be there when he needed me. And I'd make him laugh. The guy seriously needs that! As for the chocolate sauce and the kisses at the back of the neck. You guys are so bad! I love it!
Ren713
11/19/00
Oh, thought of one more thing! I'd love to meet him at the door in a pair of his boxers and one of his T-shirts. Guys, for some reason, love to see their girls in their clothes. I don't know why this is, because if I ever found any of my boyfriends in my lingerie, I'd be quite upset.
stephaneiarwen
11/19/00
LOL! I had a feeling everyone would have some problems with the G-rating. ;)

Okay, now to answer my own question...:)

If I were Gary's woman, I don't think I'd ever be able to stop hugging him! Every morning before he leaves, I would hug him, and every night when he returns I would hug him again. In bed, I'd definitely do A LOT of snuggling (and other things too, but darn that G-rating!). I would love to sit wrapped in his embrace watching movies and sharing popcorn (I was SO JEALOUS of Emma in "Phantom at the Opera!" :)). I would love to cook for him too- I'm not especially good at it, but I think I can make blueberry pancakes. :) I would tell him all the time not only that I love him, but that I admire him too- that I treasure the beauty of his soul and the kindness of his heart. Whenever he seems stressed out about something, I would hug him and then try to help. And whenever he's scared or upset, I would hold him and tell him that everything's going to be okay (OH! There have been so many moments where I've wanted to do this!). I would defend him tooth and nail! And some mornings, I'll wake up extra early, just so I can watch him sleep, because Gary is SO CUTE when he's sleeping! :)
stephaniearwen
11/19/00
I forgot one thing. I mentioned in another post that I would love to be the one to meet Gary at the door with the ice and bandaids if they are needed. I always feel sorry for Gary when he gets injured, and if I were his woman, I'd definitely be the one to nurse him back to health! :)
Dollene
11/19/00
Do we have to stick with a G rating? Can we go PG-13? Well, we all know what we would do, duh, that is a given in that department, But it is nice to contimplate every now and again If I were Gary's woman I would be very supportive of what he was doing. Try to help him as much as possible so he didn't feel like he had the weight of the whole world on his shoulders. I would make him laugh every chance I got. I would listen to his day. Do little things for him to let him know I cared and of course I would tell him every single time I saw him how I felt about him. And as others have said, hugs, hugs, hugs. Than man needs to be hugged and hugged alot. Now is where I take my trip into gutterville, So if you ladies will excuse me...
abc981
11/20/00
Hey Dollene, it looks like I'm not the only one who would give Gary lots of hugs and make him feel better. ;-)
Candii
11/20/00
LOL!! :D Dollene, Dollene, Dollene! :D You are so funny!
Stephanie, I am so jealous that I didn't mention waking up early just to watch him sleep!;(U are so right he's cute when sleeping!you are right about the hugs too. I would hug him constantly, and snuggle with him too just so that he could get use to it. He always seemed so stiff whenever someone even looked like they wanted to hug him, didn't he? He might have to pry my arms from around his neck every morning. Poor guy! :) LOL!! I suppose in my last post I sounded really....well...never mind, it's just that we never got to know what Gary Hobson/All american man/redblooded male liked in a woman. His woman. Hey! (Lightbulb turns on) That gives me an idea. Read my next post. :)
shana93
11/20/00
You ladies are too funny! LOL. I love all your answers, but I have to say that as cute as Gary is, my husband is all the man that I need. Okay, you can all stop gagging now!!!
Dollene
11/20/00
What did I say Candi ;) And yes I definately think Gary needs to be hugged alot. Noone should have to go as long in between hugs as that mas has had to.
MsSpider
11/20/00
Let's see if I can find anything that's fit to put up here. Well, for one thing, I would NEVER give Gary any grief about the paper. If he had to leave in the middle of....well, I can't put that down, can I? I'd be there to take up where we left off when he got back. I would insist he take a vacation. For his own sanity. We could go to some place warm, far away from the cold. He wouldn't need his coats and hats pulled down over his ears. Just a couple pairs of speedos (one pair might get torn or he might accidently lose it in the ocean waves) I'd be there to rub sunblock on those shoulders that sometimes carry the weight of the world. I'd rub lotion on his back and his strong arms and on his chest....my it's getting warm in here.
sweetjesus90
11/26/00
I like the G-rating!! If I were Gary's woman, I would love him, just for him. I wouldn't care when he had to do something with the paper. I would cherish the time I have with him. I would marry him. We would slow dance every night to a collection of beautiful romantic songs. We would hold each other as we sleep. We would have picnics in the park and swim in the ocean. We would ride the rides on the pier and eat caramel apples. When we have a time of intimacy, Gary would kiss me on my forehead. Gary and I would just love each other. I'm a hopeless romatic. I would tell Gary that Jesus loves him.
Julia_7
11/27/00
Oh Steph, since I have read your topic I couldn't wait to have some spare time to answer, and it's been on my mind all week. It's nice to see that I am not the only one who adores this man, even though he is 'not real'(what a shame!:) ), - and Ladies, LOL, I loved your answers! First of all, if I was Gary's girl, I would thank God every day that I have this wonderful man in my life. I think I have written before that I am not the biggest fan of marriage, but believe me, I wouldn't let this man go! I would marry him right away, and I would give him kids, as many as he wants. I would even name one of them 'Zeke'!(Though this name would definately not be *my* first choice!) As some of you ladies have said already, this man needs to be hugged, and there's nothing I would like to do more than hug him. I watched 'Blind Faith' yesterday, and I loved the scene where Gary hugs Marissa. The way he holds her head tight with his hand when he hugs her, this is so precious... I would hug him as much as he needs, every day. I would support him in any way he needs, every day. I would even try to prepare him Blueberry Pancakes (come to think of that, maybe not, I think this would would scare him away! :) ). I would tell him, so that he never forgets, what a good heart he has, and what an extraordinary man he is. And, yes, me too, I would defend him tooth and nail. But the most important thing is that I would try to find out what *he* really needs, what really makes him happy, because the most important thing for me would be that *he* is happy. What good would it do if I was oh so much in love with him if he wouldn't feel the same and wouldn't be really happy? If I would see that his smile doesn't come from deep in his heart, if I felt that I am not the right one for him for the rest of his life, I would let him go, just like he let Emma go. But if he would want to stay with me I would give him all the love he needs, and even more, for the rest of his life. (- Wow, doesn't this sound dramatic? But,hey, this man makes me dream, I just can't help it! :) He makes me think of what Neil Young sang: "A good heart is hard to find.")

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0055.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com