EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: The Cat

Author
11/27/00
Okay, this may sound really far out there, but tonight while watching Second Sight, I couldn't help thinking that the woman Gary kept seeing and helped Marissa read the paper is really the cat in human form. First of all, this was not the first time Gary saw her (although I believe it was a different actress before). Secondly, she has the same color hair as the cat (ok, I'm laughing as I post this :) ). Also, in Funny Valentine, the cat gives Gary flowers, leading me to believe it is female. There were times when the cat acted very jealous of the women in Gary's life as well. It was like the cat was trying to thwart any relationships Gary might have formed. Maybe the cat is really Gary's soulmate, and we would've eventually found this out if the show had gone on. Is this totally insane??? :)
Candii
11/27/00
Hey, good point Shana, but I think that the cat is actually a male cat...unless, since it is a magic cat, it can do what it chooses, or do whatever is needed to fit the situation. I thought that it might have been the red haired woman too, you know, helping them out.
shana93
11/27/00
How do you know the cat is male? Was it from the ep The Cat when he has to take the cat to the vet. I can't remember any mention of the cat's gender. Let me know, okay. Thanks!!
Candii
11/28/00
Well, without digging through my tapes, I remember from the episode Teen Angels, Henry referred to the cat as boy, and Gary didn't correct him. And from the episode that you mentioned :) The Cat, Gary refers to the cat as he, and the vet also. :) There were other episodes where the cat is referred to as "he".
MsSpider
11/28/00
And most yellow/orange cats are male. It's a sex linked color like calicos are mostly females. I'm not an expert but I have been to a few cat shows.
shana93
11/28/00
LOL :) Thanks all! I guess that blows my theory out of the water, unless the cat can change gender and take human form.

MsSpider,
I never knew that about orange/tabby cats, and I used to have one. I guess you learn something new everyday. :)
MsSpider
11/28/00
I kind of felt like Cliff from Cheers telling everybody that. I almost put down what you said...you learn something new everyday. LOL My name Spider comes from my tuxedo cat Spider. (A tuxedo cat has four white paws and a white bib. Her brother, Dax, wears a grey tuxedo.)
MsSpider
11/28/00
I always wondered why they never named the cat. I would have named him TNT (Tomorrow's Newspaper Today.) You must handle cats AND the Future with care or it will explode.
shana93
11/28/00
MsSpider,
That is so funny, because my tabby cat was a tuxedo cat too.

I think Gary never named the cat, because he didn't really think it belonged to him. Plus, he didn't seem to care for it that much, especially at the beginning. It always makes me think of the cat from Breakfast at Tiffany's.
MsSpider
11/28/00
So your cat was wearing a golden tuxedo. Very snazzy.
I think the cat kind of grew on him. He worried if the cat wasn't there and when he got 'sick'. But he did blame the cat for bringing the paper and changing his life. Gary was still trying to figure out if the change was for the better.
I guess Cat is a name. I call my horse...horse Or Horace. And his name is Pacman.

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0059.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com