EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: Disappearing injuries / quick healing

Author
12/01/00
Under the topic of disappearing injuries we have Gary's limp in The Play's the Thing. If he was supposed to keep his leg elevated until curtain time why was he not limping when he brought Madame Director to the theater to "answer for her crimes"? He was limping when he went up the stairs.

Does anyone but me find his eyesight returning so quickly in Blind Faith a little unrealistic? I mean, Gary said it could be a couple of days, but it was back the next day.

And no bandage on the burned hand (can we say frozen peas without laughing our heads off?) in Rose?
karens608
12/01/00
I've always been a little bothered by the fact that he wasn't hurt worse in Fate.(Not that I want to see Gary hurt, of course.) I mean, he was caught in not one, but two collapses and his only injuries were a limp and a couple of cuts above his eyes? Then, the next morning, the limp and one of the cuts were gone.
Janet486
12/01/00
I think I saw two bandaids on his face the "morning after". I could be wrong because the one near his left eye was more obvious than the other one. At least he was still limping. Most of the time his injuries disappear very quickly. Like regaining his eyesight the day after he lost it.

In Faith they never did say exactly what his injuries were. I'm guessing concussion because I've been that route. (That's what happens when you ride your bike into the side of a car.) He had all the obvious symptoms (the headache) but they didn't say anything about dizziness or nausea which I had.

Fate makes me cry when Gary cries. Kyle reminds me so much of Michael Landon. Mike Landon could make me cry or laugh. Kyle does the same thing. Fate made me cry. It also made me want to hug the hurt away just like a big sister. (I'm 8 years older than he is.) The looks he gets on his face when Marissa confronts him about things (Winter Solstice Parade, It's just a stomach ache). What is he man or mouse? Why does he look like a kid who's just been caught lying to his mother or trying to avoid the doctor?
shana93
12/01/00
Janet, I was ROTFL when I read your post. Did you really ride your bike into the side of a car? LOL That sounds like something I would do. :) I am notoriously clumsy. :)
Ren713
12/01/00
Okay, I guess this also fits under weird coincidences, but since we are discussing bike injuries, I'll bring it up here. As much as other people don't like "Weathergirl" I have this one little incident that makes me kind of "bond" with the episode. When Rebecca asks Gary how he knows the weather, he said it is because he broke his right collar bone and its sensitive to weather changes. I broke my right collar bone in June after I flipped over the handle bars of my bike (cement DOES NOT give!) and I know long before anyone when it is going to rain. They've started referring to me as "more acurate than doplar radar" at work. And since we're mentioning weird coincidences, part of my attraction to Kyle is we have the same "mud puddle green" eyes. The shape is completely different, but it's freaky to find someone that has the same eye color so you when it is so - frankly - weird.
Ren713
12/01/00
Janet, I can understand the comparison to Michael Landon. Some months back, my mom made the observation that Kyle and M.L. have very similar voices.
stephaniearwen
12/01/00
Shana- I guess I should join the clumsy group. When I was 12, I rode my bike into a tree and was in and out for about 20-30 minutes. I still don't remember the impact (which is not a bad thing), nor do I remember giving the woman who found me my name and phone number. I definitely had a headache afterwards, but no nausea really- I did have to stay in the hospital under observation over night though. That was not fun.

Janet- A concussion is the most probable injury Gary had in "Faith," I agree.

Ren- That's really cool! Alas, no parts of my body can predict the weather, but I'm pretty good at judging whether there's going to be a thunderstorm later in the day based on what the weather is during the morning and early afternoon.
Dollene
12/01/00
Ren,I have the same color eyes also. What is wierd is that for years I had really dark brown eyes. Like is on teddy bears. Then about 5 years ago they started getting a lot of green in them. I went to the doctor cause I thought I might lose my sight and he said some people lose pigment in their eyes as they get older. Nothing to worry about. I didn't know what color to say they were now since they were brown around the edge and green in the middle. Now I say they are mud puddle green. It sounds much better than what my friend said they looked like.
shana93
12/02/00
Stephanie, that is so funny (not that you got injured, but you know what I mean). LOL When I was kid (don't remember how old) I rode my bike into a mac truck that was backing out of a driveway. Fortunately, I was only shaken up (can't say the same for my bike however :))

I also have mud puddle green eyes, although most people refer to them as hazel. Wow! No wonder we all like the same show---we have so much in common. :)
stephaniearwen
12/02/00
You know, I always tell people my eyes are green-brown or hazel, but I think I'm gonna go with mud puddle green. :) I wonder if I can put that on my driver's license...
Janet486
12/04/00
Dumb as it sounds, yes I really rode my bike into the side of a car.

I had a job packing books in a storage and shipping facility for small publishers about 5 miles from home and in the good weather from April to November I rode my bike to work (I think this was before I finally got my license). One morning I forgot to look, looked too fast or didn't see the car because the sun was in my eyes and as I went to cross the street to go up the road way to the warehouse I bounced off a car and onto the street. I would guess I banged my head on the street when I fell. I remember the police officer knew me (I don't remember who he was). Not surprising since I've lived in my town all my life. I remember being nauseous and finally getting sick but it took a long time because I didn't have much on my stomach. That's why I look at Gary in that hospital bed and think "concussion". It seems logical to me! I've been there!

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0066.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com