EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: Christmas!

Author
12/04/00
I just saw this ep and there was so much I hadn't noticed before. For instance, Crumb says "It's Christmas Eve I should be home with my kids." In the Fourth Carpathian he told Lois that he didn't have any kids. HMMMM--I guess the writers forget these little details that we "focused" fans pick up on.

I thought the shot at the end of Gary in the window with the Christmas tree in the background was absolutely beautiful and made me feel kind of sad to see him alone on Christmas. I wanted to wrap myself in a bow and put myself under his tree and .....but I digress. ;) (Shana gives herself a reality slap :))

Anyway, in the scene where Chuck discovers a sled in place of his car made me wonder how many times poor Chuck has lost and recovered that car of his. It seemed like a lot. The tornado and the SEC took it in His Girl Thursday and I never remember how he got it back. Any thoughts? :)
Dollene
12/04/00
Shana~I wondered the same thing about Chuck's car. I don't know how he can afford the insurance. I thought it wasterribly sad that Santa only brought Gary a tree with no presents. I have this really large red bow that would wrap around me perfectly. I don't think I could fit under the tree though. I wonder where I should wait. Oh, where was I? I caught the comment about the kids too. It is harder to notice these things when they are a year apart instead of just weeks as we are seeing them now.
karens608
12/05/00
When Chuck showed Gary the ski tickets, he said he had just gotten his car back, which doesn't really make sense because the SEC investigator in His Girl Thursday said it would just about cover the fines. I loved the look on Gary's face when he saw the tickets(another example of a time when Gary smiled for real);the poor guy was practically drooling. Then it turned into a Poor Gary Moment[TM] when Gary's face fell when he finally remembered about the paper. It's funny - I've seen this episode a number of times, but last night it almost made me cry when Chuck was sitting on the sled with a little smile on his face.
Ren713
12/05/00
I had never noticed the doorman at the very end was Santa! DUH! I love when Gary walks in the room and sees the tree and he gets this little boy look on his face. Sitting by the window reminded me of "It's a Wonderful Life." I agree with wanting to be a present under the tree. Of course, I'd have to remind Gary I'd been very naughty this year... Okay, this is when small children should be ushered out of the room.
shana93
12/05/00
Did y'all notice the look on Gary's face when Chuck mentioned "girls in stretch pants"? You could practically see the mental images he was conjuring up.:P I thought it was so funny, cuz we rarely get to see Gary being a typical male with a one-track mind. He's always such a gentleman. :)
karens608
12/05/00
Yeah, I commented that Gary looked like he was practically drooling when Chuck showed him the ski tickets. :) But then when they were at the coffee shop and Gary tried to get Chuck to help him stop the bomber, Gary seemed annoyed at the idea that Chuck would rather chase ski bunnies than help him save people's lives, so I'll forgive his momentary lapse. :P

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0069.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com