EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: Home and other classic Poor Gary Moments [TM]

Author
09/08/00
It just figures that Gary's room- and ONLY Gary's room- would burn down. ::sigh:: Another moment to add to my ever growing list of Poor Gary Moments [TM] (I decided to trademark it, since I was using the phrase so frequently), which began with one of the ultimate classics- Gary being thrown out by his wife in THE FIRST FIVE MINUTES OF THE FIRST SHOW- and including all of "Fate," "Fatal Edition," and "The Wall," not to mention the time Gary had to crawl through the sewer to get home in "Just One of Those Things!"

Is it just me, or does the world abuse Gary far too much sometimes? I ALWAYS find myself saying "Poor Gary..."
Candii
09/08/00
Lol!! You sound like me. I guess thats why I have such a hard time being critical of him, and I hate it when anyone treats him badly.
tdmiller82
10/02/00
Actually, I find myself saying Poor Gary alot too as he does seem to get stepped on a great deal. I mean, what are the odds of being falsely accused of murder not once, but twice? Or to begin to fall in love with someone & have her long lost love reappear after 7 years (Phantom of The Opera).
MsSpider
10/03/00
Funny, I find myself saying Poor Chuck, Gary is kind of mean to him sometimes. :)
Janet486
12/05/00
I'll give you EE fans a classic "Poor Gary" moment. How about in The Last Untouchable? He had his lights punched out by a man 38 years his senior and he didn't even stand a chance - not that he would retaliate against an elderly man.
Dollene
12/05/00
Well, to add to the Poor Gary moments from that ep. IT has been mentioned before about Erica accusing Gary of hitting the elderly man when he actually ran into his shoulder. She certainly accused him of a lot of things he didn't do. And she wondered why they didn't have a good relationship. Don't you have to have trust for that? She didn't trust Gary any farther than she could throw him. Ah, but I digress. You can't mention a Season3 ep with HER and not get me started. :)
Ren713
12/05/00
I'm sorry, Dollene, you're not making yourself clear. How do you really feel about Erica. :)
Janet486
12/05/00
Sorry Dollene. I didn't meant to start in on Erica bashing. Just a reminder though that even Marissa thought he did it. Magruder (McGruder?) was very convincing.

I just wanted to point out that it was very humiliating to Poor Gary to have a man 38 years older than him knock him cold with one punch.
Dollene
12/05/00
Janet, I don't mind any Erica bashing. If you want to start I will join right in. I'm sorry Ren, I will try to make my feelings for Erica a little clearer. :) Oh how I love to make my feelings for her known! :)
Janet486
12/07/00
Go ahead and bash. I don't care. My feelings for Erica are mixed. At first I thought something could work but then she just seemed to get nastier. Especially dumping him in Blowing Up Is Hard To Do after the agony he endured with the "icepick in my stomach" pains in Just One OF Those Things that caused him to faint not once - but twice! I never understood that. If she knew about the paper and she was there with Marissa for him when he was trapped in the building in Fate why did she suddenly get mad and dump him because he didn't have time for her when she wanted him to? That always bugs me.
Janet486
12/07/00
Might I also add that in Just One of Those Things he was desperate enough to drink Patrick's herbalist's stomach ache cure? Anybody remember what it was made of. It's going to be a trivia question when I get them written up.
tdmiller82
12/07/00
Janet, I know one of the ingredients was beetle extract (poor Gary!)

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0070.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com