EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: Rose

Author
11/30/00
Do you ladies remember awhile ago when we were discussing Gary's sexiest moments on the show?

Well, tonight it was a good thing Gary was on TV and I was in the real world, because if I were on the other side of that screen, I don't think I could've restrained myself from... well, I'll let you use your own fertile imaginations. ;) He's just so kind and trusting and such a SWEETHEART, taking Lily in, sacrificing sleep to look for her when she disappeared. And that look on his face when he offered to give Rose the $25K was so cute and sweet, that, well, I'm just dying of hormonal overload over here!
Janet486
12/01/00`
All right EE fans. What did Crumb NOT charge Gary for at the end of Rose when he presented him with his bill? (He's so generous!) And I love the way Marissa told Crumb immediately about Gary getting the $25K for Rose after he told her not to.

Anybody remember another time when Gary fell asleep somewhere other than his bed? (And I don't mean on the streets or abandoned warehouses boxcars.)
stephaniearwen
12/01/00
Ooh, ooh, I know! (Stephanie raises her hand and waves it wildly) He didn't charge him for use of the fax machine! And in "Romancing the Throne," Gary fell asleep at the desk in the office in the opening scene. That was one of the cutest scenes ever! LOL!
Dollene
12/01/00
He also didn't charge him for the stamps. It is hard to hear because the music starts playing but it was the use of the fax and stamps. Does anyone else wonder if Lily slept on the couch. It was obvious to me she stayed the night. Of course she probably didn't have any place to go and gary beig the sweetheart he is offered to let her stay at his place. I think it's kinda funny that he is such a nice guy but he seldom offers his bed to anyone. Even his parents have to sleep on the sleeper most of the time. I think they are the only ones who he lets sleep in his bed unless they just get there first like Rose/Lily and the princess. :)
karens608
12/01/00
Gary also fell asleep in the library with Renee in Don't Walk Away, Renee. I thought it was cute how the paper and the cat showed up right at his feet and I think that was the time he told the cat that one of these days they were going to have to have a long talk.
Janet486
12/01/00
I totally forgot about that one. You're right he was asleep on the floor when Cat came that morning. Not the most comfortable place to sleep if you ask me. I haven't done that since I was a kid.
Janet486
12/01/00
I love the part where he fell asleep at his desk in Romancing The Throne. I figure he said to himself (after mumbling to Chuck about changing his jacket) "I'll just sit down and rest my eyes for a minute" and then the next thing you know he was snoring away.
Janet486
12/01/00
I missed the part about the stamps. What stamps? Crumb is totally crazy! I knew a couple of older men just like him (gruff on the outside - soft as mush on the inside) when I was growing up.
shana93
12/01/00
In Phantom at the Opera, didn't Gary stay out all night on a park bench just so he could apologize to Emma for missing their date?

Stephanie, LOL All of season 4 causes hormonal overload for me. :) The look on Gary's face when Lily came in wearing his shirt--how did she restrain herself??? :)

Candii
12/02/00
//Gary fell asleep at the desk in the office in the opening scene. That was one of the cutest scenes ever! LOL!//

Steph~ That was a cute scene wasn't it? He was knocked out! :P How about in Pinch Hitters,Gary fell asleep in the lab from the monkey bite. The scene when he's waking up from the monkey bite is quite breath-taking. :) He also fell asleep on little sofa at the foot of Brigatti's bed in The Iceman Taketh.
karens608
12/04/00
Gary and Marissa fell asleep in the hospital waiting room in The Quality of Mercy, and again, the paper and the cat showed up right at Gary's feet. Janet - I like that scene where Marissa tells Crumb about the $25K too. It reminds me of the scene from Dad where Bernie asks Chuck if he knows that Gary gets tomorrow's paper two seconds after Bernie had promised he wouldn't tell anyone. And Chuck wondered why Gary hadn't told his parents about the paper! :P
Janet486
12/04/00
I hadn't thought about the hospital bit in Quality of Mercy. They didn't exactly look comfortable did they?

Your heart goes out to Gary in that one. He felt so guilty.

Ok. Hospital waiting room is unusual only if you're not Gary Hobson who if he's not in trouble himself is helping someone who is.

The park bench waiting for Emma is a classic. He looked soooo cold!
His desk in the office (I still say he fell asleep thinking he was only going to rest for a minute).
The floor of the libary. (OH my aching back)
Was that a small sofa or what in The Iceman Taketh? I'll have to look again.

Shall we count the seat on the El where the guard poked him and told him to go to a shelter from The Wall?
Janet486
12/04/00
Stephanie I get a big kick out of Gary falling asleep at his desk. Even funnier is the panicked look on his face when he looks at his watch and it's like 9:30AM. Three hours later than he usually gets up.. No paper outside his door. Cat on his bed but no paper. Gee, why would he suddenly go rushing to confront Chuck over his missing paper? And why didn't Cat wake him up? Maybe the powers that control the paper knew he would have his work cut out for him with the princess so they tried to take it easy on him? He does occasionally get an easy day. He was supposed to have one in Wildcard but we know who caused that to go awry. Even if we did love him we could have killed Patrick for interfering.
karens608
12/04/00
What I don't understand about where Gary slept in The Iceman Taketh is I find it very hard to believe that the honeymoon suite at the Hilton doesn't have a seating area with a regular sofa(I would call that thing he slept on a padded bench).
Ren713
12/04/00
You know, I would have loved to see Gary have the moxie to stay in bed with Brigatti. That scene reminded me so much of Jeff and Ginger, except Jeff would have stayed in bed, completely clothed, arms folded, back to back with Brigatti, fighting for covers. I think that would have been funnier than him putting his tail between his legs and sleeping on the mat.
Macredd
12/05/00
There are 2 episodes I can think of when Gary slept on the couch or the chair, other than the ones already mentioned. One is "Time" when his mom was in the bed. He saw Lucius Snow while he was on the couch. The other is "The Luck of the Irish". He gave Kate the bed, her brother the couch and he slept in the chair. I remember empathizing with the way his neck must have felt after that one.

As for "Rose", I love his expression when Rose walks into the office wearing his white shirt.
Janet486
12/07/00
Candii, Candii, Candii Gary did not "fall asleep" in Pinch Hitters in the lab. He fainted because he was sick. He even told the lab personnel that he was trying to tell them that he was sick. The paper said that he was "in a coma after monkey bite". That's not quite the same thing.

The bit on the park bench waiting for Emma was definitely a falling asleep. I believe he told her he got there real early because he didn't know what time she got to work. Must have been cold and miserable. Was his coat that warm?

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0072.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com