EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: EE Anonymous

Author
12/07/00
Hi, my name is moogie and I'm an EEalocholic...there, I admitted it, I hear that's half the battle. I dabbled in EE through seasons 1-3 but got really hooked half way through season 4..nothing I couldn't handle though. When I heard that EE was being wacked, the symptoms began to emerge...sweaty palms, shakes, etc. Then, I read through these postings that EE was going to run on FOX. I should have stayed away..never should have watched it..but couldn't help myself..what's worse, I got my husband addicted, brought him right down to my level...it was so easy, all through Memorial Weekend, no laundry, pizza for dinner, dirty house....you guys know all the symptoms. I wish I could say I'm ashamed...but I'm not..It's better than being addicted to Walker Texas Ranger!
Candii
12/07/00
moogie -- There now, don't you feel better? :)
karens608
12/07/00
Welcome to the club, moogie! I've been an addict from day one, but I think I became obsessed when FF started airing it. I think I would be in the loony bin by now if I hadn't found this message board because I needed someone to share my obsession with. And like you said, there's nothing to be ashamed of. There are certainly worse things to be addicted to. :)
stephaniearwen
12/07/00
Hey, that's a good idea! We should have twelve steps and everything!

1. Admit that you have a problem.
2. Take it one disaster at a time

etc., etc. Anyone else want to take a crack at it? If we can actually come up with twelve, I'll put it on my website! :P
PurplePrincess
12/07/00
Ummmm Steph? Are you getting the TBAAMH flashbacks??

I'll take a stab at it from what I know!! :)
moogie454
12/07/00
step 3 - stay away from kids named Henry especially when they might drown
step 4 - admit that you'r cat won't bring you the paper and that you're gonna have to buy your own
step 5 - stay close to a computer so you can reach out to other focused people when you feel yourself slipping
PurplePrincess
12/07/00
Modeled Closely after the TBAA 12 Steps (which I wrote) and the JABB 12 Steps (written by Jeni and Sara).

Kyle Chandler-Anonymous Twelve Step Program:

STEP ONE: Admit you have an addiction- to Kyle Chandler and his paper.

STEP TWO: Handle one headline at a time.

STEP THREE: Understand that Gary is, no matter how real he may seem, is a fictional character, and therefore cannot have a group of fans donning bows under his Christmas Tree. (That does leave Kyle's Christmas tree wide open, though.)

STEP FOUR: Avoid buying masses of cat food in hopes that Cat will suddenly find your apartment and decide to bring Gary along. (However, please *do* buy cat food for the Cat Food Campaign!)

STEP FIVE: Rush out and buy every movie you can find that stars Kyle and his oh-so-cute stutter.

STEP SIX: Cut out a picture of Gary and take it to Kinkos to color photo copy it and tape it to all often-viewed surfaces. (i.e mirrors, computer monitors, binders and notebooks)

STEP SEVEN: Have a bucket handy every time Early Edition airs, and make sure it's nice and empty, and another one is standing by.

STEP EIGHT: Watch Kyle's new show, no matter how shallow, just to see his puppy-dog eyes.

STEP NINE: Choosing to abstain from naming a pet because Gary never named his is unacceptable. (However, feel free to name it Gary, Kyle or variations.)

STEP TEN: Refrain from taking a detour to Chicago to find out if you can make your way into Gary's Paper. (But feel free to scan the telephone listings for McGinty's Bar.)

STEP ELEVEN: Record the song "Angel" repeatedly on a cassette tape, grab a box of hankies, and curl up on a rainy day for a good cry.

STEP TWELVE: Always remember that if you're Gary's woman, and suddenly he has to rush off to do something, it's usually pretty important.

*~*~*~*

Early Edition-Annonymus Twelve Step Program:

As Early Edition Addicts, we...

~Admitted we were obsessing over Early Edition - that our lives had become taken over by our love for Early Edition.~

~Came to believe that a new season of Early Edition episodes could restore us to some form of sanity, and therefore bought as much cat food as would fit into our budget and mailed it off to Mr. Tom Halleen.~

~Made a decision to watch as much Early Edition as we could.~

~Learned to check the date of every newspaper we found, just to assure us that it is today's.~

~Were ready to admit to the world that we loved Early Edition, and thus printed posters and bought ads to support it.~

~Decided it time to join a community of Early Edition lovers, and thus found EarlyDues' board.~

~Were willing to chain ourselves to Tom Halleen's desk in exchange for 22 new episodes.~

~Try to resist the urge to yell, "You're welcome!" sarcastically at every person we help.~

~Realize that Crumb and McGinty's are more than words, and 6:30am is more than a time!~

~Turn our heads every time a cat meow's, looking for an issue of the Chicago Sun-Times nearby.~

~Start screaming like a banchee if the cat is orange and there is a paper underneath it's paws.~

~Enjoy our obsessed lives in which we can feel free to speak about Early Edition, and have come to accept the weird looks we will always get from family and friends.~

Disclaimer- no offense is meant to anyone who takes any.

Sara Beth
*Purple Princess*
TBAA Mental Patient Number 11385
Her Royal Highness, Princess Sara Beth, of the Court of John Dye
Keeper of John's Ruby Red glasses from Stealing Hope, his plumbing shirt from The Invitation, and his Christmas Tree Scene with Tess in The Violin Lesson

karens608
12/07/00
step 6 - stay calm when server goes down and you can't get into message board for two hours.
stephaniearwen
12/07/00
Sara Beth- LOL! Those are great! And yes, the TBAAMH was definitely in the back of my mind when I posted the idea. ;)
Ren713
12/07/00
Funny this topic came up. A few months ago, my Mom acused me of being obsessed. When I said, "I could stop at any time!" She responded, "Yeah, like a crack addict."
MsSpider
12/07/00
Okay, I'm hyperventilating right now! The CABLE WENT OUT!! EE is on and I can't watch! 8O :O :( >:( I can't even get to Early Dues site to find out what eppy I'm missing. :O
earlydues
12/07/00
Quick! Hie thee to the mirror site! There's still a few moments of EE left that you're missing! http://members.fortunecity.com/earlydues/ee/
MsSpider
12/07/00
Now I'm really bummbed out. :< I've never seen that episode! Not even a part of it. /sigh/ Oh well it will be new when it comes around again. /sniff/
Dollene
12/07/00
One question. What are the empty buckets for?
PurplePrincess
12/08/00
Steph -- do you want to explain it, or shall I? :)
stephaniearwen
12/08/00
Dollene- The buckets are to catch the drool. :)
PurplePrincess
12/08/00
Yup. And from what I've heard on here, ya'll need a truckload of buckets-- EACH! (not that it's a bad thing....)
Dollene
12/09/00
Oh, Okay. Thanks for clearing that up. I haven't quite got to the drooling part yet, hot under the collar and some definate shortness of breath, excelerated heart rate, but no drool. :)
MsSpider
12/08/00
I thought the bucket was for the tears when EE wasn't on!! That's what I used mine for....I missed Thurs eppy because cable went out. And then Fri Fox Family had some lame Christmas cartoon. Not even a good one. :(
alien51
12/10/00
Ya, That was really stupid. My satillite system said that EE would be on. I had my VCR all set up to tape it, and then that scary Christmas cartoon came on. It was truly depressing.
PurplePrincess
12/10/00
My Sat. System said the same thing, Alien!! I was *grr*, ask Steph. Of course, she was GRR too. :)

*hums tune from Annie* "I think I'm gonna like it here...."
stephaniearwen
12/10/00
Yep, Sara Beth and I IMed each other over ICQ to express our disappointment. GRR is right! >:(

After three days with no EE, I'm really starting to feel the withdrawl- sweaty palms, anxiety, etc. I think after I get back from work and watch TBAA, I'm gonna break down and put in one of my tapes. :P
PurplePrincess
12/10/00
After work?? LOL I'd pop it in now, if I had any... which I don't... so I have no room to talk...

*shuts up now*

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0076.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com