EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: If Gary wasn't such a cutie...

Author
12/10/00
My husband and son were out today and I was busy making a shawl for my friend for Xmas. I had my own little EE marathon..watching all the shows I had taped and never saw. I got to thinking......If Gary wasn't such a cutie (let's say like a Billy Bob Thorton) or whoever you think should be wearing a paper bag over his head...would there still be an EE website?
Candii
12/10/00
moogie, thats a good question. I have asked myself that question millions of times. I was also thinking today while out at the grocery store, if it was Gary that we are soo crazy about, or is it Kyle. I mean you really can't separate the two, at least thats how I see it. Poor guy, branded for life! Also, I was wondering if we were going to follow Kyle Chandler in every project that he does for the rest of his life? I have a funny feeling that I will. I think that I will be there in support in everything that he does. :)
stephaniearwen
12/10/00
YES!

I think I mentioned on the EE fanfic list that staring at Kyle Chandler's glutes was only a side benefit associated with watching Early Edition. :P The main reason I started watching- and the main reason I continue to watch- was because I agreed with the show's values and themes, and because the show was so well written and performed. Behind every episode of EE are the beliefs that a benevolent force is watching over the universe, that we need to take responsibility for our own destiny, and that every man is deserving of dignity. These are messages I endorse whole-heartedly, messages I wish more television shows promoted.

Additionally, I joke all the time about wishing to be Gary's wife not just because he is physically attractive. I have those fantasies mainly because I admire his kind-hearted and generous nature. If he looked like Billy Bob Thorton, I would still fantasize about him, because he is a truly decent man.
moogie454
12/10/00
Candii: I saw sleep baby sleep and I have to say that not seeing Kyle as Gary but seeing him as a guy that would hurt someone as much as he hurt both his (uhm) women no matter what the motives seriously made me not like him a whole heck of a lot, not his looks either...but...returning to EE changed my mind again. If he played a slimey kind of guy, I doubt whether I would follow his carreer but he just seems to be a cutie who plays a really nice character on EE.
MsSpider
12/10/00
Pretty is as pretty does. I have known some very pretty people I haven't liked very much. I think every actor/actress of a successful show has to put a little of themself in the character to make it work. Even if it's just a look or an expression, those little things become part of the character. And I'd like to think after being in EE, Kyle takes a little bit of Gary with him to his other projects.
Candii
12/10/00
moogie, I had already been exposed to Gary Hobson, and Jeff Metcalf before I had the chance to see Sleep Baby Sleep, so my brain cells were already distroyed. I know that it sounds crazy, but even though I wanted the girl to get her baby back and to escape safely, I was also thinking, Oh please don't hurt him! I'm hopeless.
alien51
12/10/00
I think that the reason I like Gary so much is beacause it seems with his character around it always seems that there are kind-hearted people still left in the world. If I'm every in trouble I will proberbly wait for someone like Gary to come and save me. Well, Kyle Chandler proberbly isn't going to save me, but most likely some kind-hearted soul is out there who is willing to help. Gary always gives me hope.

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0077.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com