EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: Top Ten Funniest Things Said on the EE Forum

Author
12/02/00
Okay, here's the topic I promised. Your responses to this will hopefully go up on my website at some point. Which statements made by the members of this forum do you think are the funniest, most hysterical, most side-splitting, etc?
stephaniearwen
12/02/00
I just realized, I should probably put a time limit on this- I'll never be able to narrow it down to a top ten otherwise. The ten comments that are mentioned the most often by...let's say, Dec. 10 at 12 am (the beginning of my finals period) will be included. :)

I would like to put in votes for Dollene's "Gary needed Erica like he needed another hole in his head" comment, Candii's "Rolls in the oven" comment, and Ren's comment just now about having Gary's first born child. LOL!
shana93
12/02/00
I think it was Earlydues who made mention of Erica's "barely concealed hoo hoos". That line gets my vote. :) :)
Candii
12/03/00
Hey... :O I've been nominated for something?? Wow! I'm honored. What's the prize? Gary? :)
stephaniearwen
12/03/00
Candii- I'm doing a top ten funniest things said on the forum for my website. And I would like to vote for your comment just now! LOL! Gary as the prize! :D
Dollene
12/03/00
I would have to vote for the rolls in the oven and The barely concealed hoo-hoos also. I can't think of anything else right now but sleep. You know this stuff is a whole lot funnier at three in the morning. :)
Dollene
12/03/00
I would like to add Ren's comment about Gary getting some nookie. LOL. My side hurts. :)
Candii
12/03/00
I would like to add Ren comment which I thought was sooo funny!!

Brigatti - I would have been willing to donate money for the surgery she needed to take that board out of her butt!

Dollene's comment on the topic YKYBWTMEEW

....When you keep calling the guy at work Gary when his name is Dave

BTW Dollene, I've been meaning to ask you...does this guy at work look anything at all *like* Gary, or do you just have Gary on the brain during the day? LOL!! :P Also Dollene's comment:

And as others have said, hugs, hugs, hugs. Than man needs to be hugged and hugged alot. Now is where I take my trip into gutterville, So if you ladies will excuse me....

MsSpider's comment:

...I'd be there to rub sunblock on those shoulders that sometimes carry the weight of the world. I'd rub lotion on his back and his strong arms and on his chest....my it's getting warm in here.

Candii
12/03/00
Thanks Steph!! :P Gary would make a wonderful trophy, wouldn't you agree?
MsSpider
12/03/00
Gary as the prize!!! How do I stuff the voting box?
Candii
12/03/00
I would also like to nominate Ren's comment:

"I don't know how to thank you! Will having your first born child be enough?"

Funny!

Ren713
12/03/00
I've been nominated!?!? First, I would like to thank my director for... oops, sorry, wrong ocassion. Thanks, I'm glad I can make you guys laugh! Anyway! I've been decorating and shopping for Christmas all day, so I am too lazy to backtrack, but some of the moments that stand out in my mind are: The mind going to gutterville, someone mentioning Gary's bathing suit getting washed away by waves, the barely covered ho-hos and Gary getting a tummy ache because he drank the cat's milk. As for stuffing the ballots, if Gary is the prize, all I have to say is, I'm from Florida. I'm going to demand a recount!
stephaniearwen
12/03/00
Okay, I would also like to vote for the story mindyfromindi just posted about her daughter playing "Early Edition" with her stuffed cat and a piece of newspaper! That HAS to be one of the cutest stories I've ever heard! LOL!
earlydues
12/03/00
Ren wrote:
//As for stuffing the ballots, if Gary is the prize, all I have to say is, I'm from Florida. I'm going to demand a recount//

That would only work if we counted just *your* votes... ;)

Dollene
12/03/00
Candi~This is why it is really bad that I called Dave, Gary. He shaves his head, has a gotee, a ring in his eyebrow and really bright blue eyes. Looks not a thing Like Gary.LOL I guess I have him on the brain too if I can confuse the two. By the way thanks to all those who nominated me. It is a great honor to get nomintated even if I don't win. I'm glad I could make you guys laugh.
karens608
12/04/00
I would include Candii's comment that "she(Erica)might have been serving up more pop tarts than necessary." And the comments on the source of the "What's that smell?" line from The Fourth Carpathian. God, you ladies are bad! :P
stephaniearwen
12/04/00
I went back to find the source of earlydues' "hoo-hoos" comment and found another one in the same thread: SkyDancer's comment that Kyle looked like he'd rather be kissing unpainted sections of drywall than Kristy. ROTFL! That one gets my vote!
stephaniearwen
12/04/00
I'd also like to vote for Dollene's "watching Kyle is like appreciating fine art...sometimes you just have to comment on his biceps" comment. LOL! :)
tdmiller82
12/05/00
I would like to nominate Shana's & Dollene's comments under the Christmas thread about wrapping themselves in red bows & giving themselves as Christmas presents for our dear Gary. Since Christmas is about giving & people rarely give anything to Gary, I'm sure that we EE fans would gladly give ourselves as presents to Gary....you know to stay within the Christmas spirit. :)
Dollene
12/05/00
Tracy~ Yeah Christmas spirit, that's what I had in mind. Purely a selfless act of the season. ;)
tdmiller82
12/05/00
Yeah Dollene...I KNOW that you were being purely unselfish in offering to make the "supreme sacrifice" in giving yourself as a Christmas present for Gary (ROTFL).
tdmiller82
12/05/00
I have to nominate Shana again for her post under the Gary's injuries thread: The worst injury Gary had to put up with was to put up with Erica for a whole season.
shana93
12/05/00
Ooh, Ooh, I am so excited! :) Thanks Tracy! And BTW, I can only speak for myself here, but of course, I only have Gary's best interest at heart, I live to serve.;)

I would like to second the nomination for the "fine art" comment. Had me ROTFL.:) I pictured a Picasso, then thought, no--bad comparison as KC has EVERYTHING in just the right place. :)
Dollene
12/05/00
I would have to nominate Shanas's remark about the Picasso and Gary but Gary had all his parts in the right place. You go girl. Don't he though? :)
stephaniearwen
12/06/00
Okay, two more votes. :) I'd like to vote for Shana's comment, "A day without EE is like a day without food." ROTFL! That should be the board motto! And I'd also like to vote for MsSpider's comment, "It's not what you're singing, it's what you're thinking when you sing, 'Lollipop, lollipop, oh lolli-lollipop...'" :P
Candii
12/06/00
Amy-Kokomo's comment about it getting crowded under Gary's tree was so funny! I almost spewed out the water I was drinking when I read it!! :)

Amy-Kokomo wrote: From what I have been reading on this board, I think Gary's floor under the tree is getting really crowded. Maybe one of you should switch to silver or green bows, so you'll stand out better

This one gets my nomination too! :P It's funny, I can just visualize what we all must look like sitting under Gary's tree! :P
Candii
12/06/00
I'm sorry, but I'm still laughing at your comment Amy-Kokomo! :D I think it was because I was going to giftwrap myself and try and sneak underneath Gary's tree with the the rest of them, and then I read your post! It was like you caught me red handed. But MY BOW is a shiny silver! I think he might see me first. What do you think? :)
MsSpider
12/06/00
Now, if the BOW is the only thing you are wearing...that might make you stand out.
stephaniearwen
12/06/00
MsSpider- ROTFLSHIAD! Alright, that one definitely gets my vote! Ow, I can't breathe...
Dollene
12/06/00
Ms Spider, I think the bow was the only thing any of us had in mind. Or am I the only one? Since the floor under the tree seems to be full I think I will stake my claim elsewhere in the apartment. Hmm where's a comfortable spot? Well, looky there a big ole empty bed. ;)
Ren713
12/06/00
Girls, we are getting naughty! Since we're going in that direction, I know where I'd like to hang my stocking! And since it's getting crowded under the tree, I think I'd like to have the position Marissa did in the first episode. I could stand in the bathroom and just give the towel to Gary when he comes out of the shower.
shana93
12/06/00
Alright Ladies--Having been the first one under the tree---I'm getting squashed. I'm moving to under the mistletoe and I'm skipping the bow. That oughta get me noticed. ;)
karens608
12/06/00
Must...control...laughter. At...work. Too...embarrassing...to...explain. :D :D :D
Honestly, you ladies are terrible! :) I don't think I'll ever look at Christmas trees and bows the same way again. All I can say is, you ladies are on the fast train to guttersville and I want to know where I can purchase a ticket! :D BTW, I would like to nominate Dollene's comment, "looky there a big ole empty bed!"
stephaniearwen
12/06/00
Okay, I've decided that this top ten is going to expand to a top 20 or 30 because you guys seriously crack me up! ROTFLSHIAD! Ren, you can stand outside the shower, I don't mind. Because I'm getting IN the shower with him! :D And with that, I venture beyond G-rated territory...
karens608
12/06/00
Stephanie- I know what ROTFL is, but what is SHIAD? And isn't it a shame that Marissa couldn't appreciate the view? :)
Dollene
12/06/00
Yes, Ren. I have been naughty which means I won't get a visit from Santa this year /sniff, sniff/ But Hey, that means I would have alot of room under my tree if a certain someone with the initials GH wanted to be under my tree in a big red bow. That would make my Christmas and make a very happy new year. Then I wouldn't have to wrestle any of you girls for him. I am a very happy girl right now. :)
Ren713
12/06/00
Okay, guys, I can't take it anymore! Bodyguards, dress codes and crawling in showers! There is an X-rated funny farm out there with our names all over it! And I am laughing the whole way there! I almost choked on a lollipop! (It was a big one!)
Candii
12/06/00
MsSpider wrote:
//Now, if the BOW is the only thing you are wearing...that might make you stand out.//

:D :D :D :D Oh my goodness! I can't take it! :D :D MsSpider, you are sooo funny! And the rest of you girls, shame on you! ;)

:D :D Actually MsSpider, that wasn't what *I* had in mind, I'm a good girl....(Blushing) hummmm....but the more I think about it.....

shana93
12/06/00
Okay, I'm taking one last trip to the gutter, then I'm going back to "good girl land". ;) If I were under Gary's tree, I'd be the gift that keeps on giving. ;)
Re713
12/06/00
Ding!Ding!Ding!Ding! We have a winner! The gift that keeps on giving. Oh, my God! The only thing that might be able to top it is something a friend of mine who is Jewish said (who also thinks Kyle is cute). I told her about our Christmas tree conversation and she had a rather crass comment about a Hannukah bush. I leave it to your fertile imaginations. What can I say, when it comes to Kyle, I have a half track mind.
MsSpider
12/06/00
I'm gonna keep my clothes on. And with all those neeked gifts under the tree a gift in clothes would stand out more. :>

Are we really being naughty? I mean just thinking about Gary is heaven. Right? So it can't be wrong. Lollipop, lollipop, oh lolly...
earlydues
12/07/00
Dollene wrote:
//I would have alot of room under my tree if a certain someone with the initials GH wanted to be under my tree in a big red bow.//

You want Gene Hackman under your tree? ;)

tdmiller82
12/07/00
I would like to nominate Dollene's comment (under You Know That You've Been Watching Too Much EE thread) about wanting an EE season 5 & a President for Christmas. I also want to nominate's Amy's reply "at this point it might be easier getting an EE season 5"
Amy-Kokomo
12/07/00
Dollene wrote:
//I would have alot of room under my tree if a certain someone with the initials GH wanted to be under my tree in a big red bow.//

and Earlydues said:
//You want Gene Hackman under your tree?//

Or General Halftrack? (from Beetle Bailey) Or Goldie Hawn? (Naw...too kinky)

Dollene
12/07/00
Haha! You guys are sooo funny. Yeah Gene Hackman that is who I want under my tree. Eww. Gary Hobson. Gary Hobson. Gary Hobson. I didn't think I would have to spell it out for you guys. :) I have to nominate Early Dues comment on this. Thanks for the laugh. I needed one today. :D
Dollene
12/08/00
Shana's quote "If Lois was 15 and Bernie was 25......Can anyone say jailbait?" Is too funny. That one gets my vote. :)
stephaniearwen
12/10/00
Okay, the polls are closed. The Top 20 or 30 should be on the website soon! This topic really made me ROTFL! :D
Dollene
12/10/00
It's closed! :( I was having so much fun with this. Maybe we can have a part II ?

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0078.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com