EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: Attitude Walk

Author
12/12/00
Hi gang! I can't resist posting this topic. Which episodes do you all think of when I say "attitude walk"? As in Gary stalking or stomping off down the street. I have two specific episodes in mind but I'm curious to see what you come up with. :)
karens608
12/12/00
Well, I just watched my tape of The Iceman Taketh last night since FF pre-empted both episodes, and he stalked out of the jewelry store. Is that one of the ones you were thinking of? (BTW, I laugh whenever I watch that scene because of the way the paper causes his jacket to stick out in the back.)
shana93
12/12/00
In Saint Nick, after he argues with Erica at the opera, he walks off with "attitude" as you say. I keep picturing him walking off this way after several encounters with Erica, but I can't think of the specifics. Anyway, who can blame the poor man? ;)
Dollene
12/12/00
He walks off that way in The Paper after he and Meredith visit Morris in the hospital.
earlydues
12/12/00
And again with Meredith in HGT after she told him "the toddler story's a fake."

And in WM, on his way into Marcia's home to confront her about her impending nuptuals.

And... and...
Janet486
12/13/00
Those aren't the ones I was thinking of but they're good. I forgot about His Girl Thursday. Meredith was kind of a pain sometimes. It's just as well that she left. He'd have a hard time keeping her away from his paper. That's why she left (partly anyway). Because she knew she couldn't trust herself.

Keep trying. Think paper thief and sisters. Maybe these clues will help you figure out what I'm thinking of. :)
Dollene
12/13/00
Has to be from Performance Anxiety and Halloween. the one from Halloween being the scene where he tells her to keep the cat. I'm not sure which one from PA. Do I get a prize? :)
Janet486
12/13/00
Dollene, you're half right. Halloween is one of them. The other one involves a male paper thief (no not Chuck).

I think you've pinned down the exact scene if I remember correctly. I'd have to look at my tape again to be sure.
Dollene
12/13/00
Was it the guy from Performance Anxiety. When they are arguing over the paper and it falls into the river and Gary is left with just a scrap and he walks off? That is the only one I can think of. The Halloween scene is the one where the witches are driving next to him and he is telling them to keep the cat. When they say he won't see it again. He says I doubt it? I love trivia. :)
Janet486
12/13/00
You're still only half right Dollene. But you mentioned one of my favorite scenes from Halloween. There's also the mace in the face, Cat changing colors and having a toad stuck in his face for him to eat - live! :)
Dollene
12/13/00
Am I going to have to go and watch eps to figure out which one you are talking about? Darn, I hate homework. ;)
Dollene
12/13/00
Is it a Horse is a Horse when Henry steals the paper? This is driving me crazy. Another small hint. Please. :)
Janet486
12/13/00
Think introduction to "Bat Masterson". It's not that hard. Think elevator! Think attention lapse! He wasn't paying attention to what he was doing.
Janet486
12/13/00
Ignore that last one. I posted it in the wrong place. It belongs in the humiliation category. The one i'm thinking of for attitude has to do with his furry friend and "Happy Days". Does that help?

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0081.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com