EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: Have you ever wondered why... Part II

Author
12/07/00
In tonight's episode, "Performance Anxiety," when did Gary have time to talk to Marissa about Joey's problems with the market in NYC? As far as I can tell, he didn't go back to the bar before going to the dry cleaners.
moogie454
12/08/00
Gary didn't go back to the bar to tell Marissa about Joey and the market before he went to the cleaners...the writers must think we're "morons"
Dollene
12/08/00
It may have been a scene that ended up on the editing room floor also. That happens sometimes. They think Oh this is a scene we don't really need then it throws off the whole continuity of the show. Sorry, Just had to take up for the writers. Having written a fanfic for this show I really realize how incredibly talented they were.
moogie454
12/08/00
Dolleen, I think that the writers for the show are incredibally tallented, that's what got my husband and I hooked on the show to begin with. I'm a social worker and watching Gary trying to convince the shrink in Mel Schwartz that he wasn't crazy had to be the funniest sceen I've ever seen on the tube. As a matter of fact, that's the show that really got me addicted. EE is one of the few shows that consistantly makes sense if you buy the idea of a cat bringing tomorrows newspaper. It's just that sometimes in this show the writers ask you to buy somethings that aren't consistant to the storyline...I guess they figure that if you can buy the premise of a cat, you can buy the premise of Merrisa knowing about Joey and the stock market even if we didn't see Gary tell her.
stephaniearwen
12/09/00
I found another blooper! (Stephanie jumps up and down excitedly)

In "Home Groan," when Gary is talking to Marissa, Erica, and Henry towards the beginning about going after the escaped convicts, he puts his left glove on twice!
Ren713
12/09/00
In "Fate" Gary goes for about three days without changing his clothes. Yet he remains relatively clean shaven. He was on the run for about the same amount of time in "Fatal Edition" and he had a heavy 5:00 shadow (which looked really sexy!)
stephaniearwen
12/13/00
I was just watching "Walk, Don't Run" on one of my tapes, and I got to wondering why, with the exception of his swearing in and the day of the vote, Gary never wore a suit and tie while everyone else did. You think they (meaning EE's powers that be) did that on purpose to emphasize Gary's position as an outsider?
tdmiller82
12/14/00
Stephanie, Your take on why Gary didn't wear a suit & tie to the supervisor meetings may be right. I also think that it has alot to do with Gary's personality in general. Remember this is a guy who doesn't really like wearing ties & it seems that the ties aren't too fond of him either since he always has trouble adjusting them. :)

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0083.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com