EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: What would you like to give to EE's characters for Christmas?

Author
12/20/00
Getting mad about the usual Christmas presents that I still have to buy to my relatives, parents and friends, I just thought about this topic; I don't know what would I like to give to Gary, Chuck, Marissa and the others, I still have to think... let me know your ideas! Cheers
Janet486
12/20/00
Gary: a day off from the paper, a thank you from someone he helps, acceptance, another friend like Marissa

Chuck: a sense of knowing who he is, security in the knowledge that he's not Gary's second banana (that he's important to Gary), a shot at a successful tv series or movie that's family oriented like he went to Hollywood to make.

Marissa: A steady guy who accepts her for who she is. A loving, caring, capable young woman who just happens to be blind. One that Gary and Chuck will accept without reservation or feeling that they must check him out before she dates him. After all Chuck did tell her at the end of Mum's the Word that he was going to screen all her dates from then on.
Amy-Kokomo
12/20/00
I know what Dollene will say - she's already getting the red bow out. :D
shana93
12/20/00
I would love to give Marissa her sight back. For Chuck, I would give him all the money he could possibly imagine so that he could see that it wouldn't make him any richer or happier than he already was.

As for Gary, hmmmm, . . . . . . I think that's already been established, ;) but I may think of something else later. :)
shana93
12/20/00
I'd like to give Erica a personality transplant. :D

I'd also like to give Patrick a real big brother. :)
rosee
12/20/00
Gary: Sweaters to replace the ones Marissa gave away to Earl.
1)More days when he can just hang out and relax with
his friends.
2)A car (so he doesn't always have to run around).
3)A girl ( he deserves a true love).

Marissa: 1)A guy (She deserves true love).
2) More days where she can hang out with her friends.
3) Sight

Chuck: 1) A new Lexus
2) money

Crumb: A girl

Patrick: A girl

Henry: A girl

Erica: a girl (kidding)....hmmm, Nick

Armstrong: A Flintstones lunchbox (since he likes to compare Gary to that Bad-luck guy from the Flintstones).

Brigatti: A guy who has just as much attitude as she does

Emma: A hit man to get rid of Marco, then I'd give her Gary.

Miguel: His own column in the Sun-Times.

Cat: lots of tuna
Dollene
12/20/00
LOL Amy. You know me too well. When I saw this post my first thought was "I thought we had already covered this" Then when I read the first post I was embarrassed at my thought. I would love to give Gary a day off too and somene special to share his burden. And I like the personality transplant for Erica. But personally I would like to give her a long walk off a short pier. I thought of a one way ticket out of town but she already has that. :)
Janet486
12/21/00
Rosee, I like your answer. Sweaters to replace the ones Marissa gave to Earl? Gary did complain (operative word "whine") about that.

Cat deserves the tuna. How many times has he gotten Gary out of a mess just by showing him something in the paper?

Patrick deserves a big brother. I thought it was nice that that's how he thought of Gary.

I thought about giving Marissa her sight back but she manages so well without it except in the date department. There's been a couple of times when her instincts didn't kick in.

Why would you give Chuck money? I guess your explanation so he'd see he can't be any happier or richer (in the things that count like friendship) is a good reason.

Brigatti needs a guy with attitude like she's got. Gary's too soft and sweet to be hooked up with her. She's abusive even if she doesn't really mean to be.

I'm out of touch with the Flintstones who was the hard luck character?

Henry a girl? Isn't he a little young yet?

Let's keep this thread going. It's generating some interesting responses. :)
Janet486
12/21/00
Hey, gang, I thought of something else for Gary.

How about a year of not getting his heart broken as in Blowing Up Is Hard To Do, Fate or Snow Angels.

And a friend who can bring real laughter into his life (like the friend I invented in my Forgotten Memories story).
shana93
12/21/00
I thought of another. For Henry I'd like to give Spike the dog, since they were both so attached to each other and Marissa doesn't use him anymore. I'd also like to give him his real father back minus the gambling problem.
Janet486
12/21/00
Shana, what a nice wish! Henry and Spike were buddies. Marissa doesn't use him any more we don't know why. Somebody (earlydues maybe?) pointed out that he may have been retired after his near death experience in Halloween. Thus he would be a good pet for Henry. As for Trucker who played Spike I read somewhere that Shanesia was uncomfortable with him because he was a German Shepherd and she'd had a bad experience when she was younger with such a dog.

Henry getting his dad back minus the gambling problem is a great idea. Do you think he learned anything when Gary bailed and bawled him out?
shana93
12/21/00
I don't know if Henry's father straightened out his life, but wouldn't it make a great fanfic. I have so many other fanfic ideas to write, but maybe some other talented person out there would like to write that story. :)
Janet486
12/21/00
You guys have got me addicted to the fanfic. I've got a binder full and wrote several myself. Two of them have been posted to the Tales From The Tavern site. I have three more that are waiting to be posted and one in the works. The latest one I'm working on is a "missing scene" from Blind Faith. I always wondered how Gary got to the hospital and who called Marissa to tell him he was there so I'm making it up. I don't know how good it'll be. I keep getting complimented on my work but it's just a dumb hobby for someone with too much time on her hand that finds herself addicted to the show now that it's only in syndication.

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0088.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com