EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: Hot Time in the Old Town

Author
11/22/00
I love this episode. It's so sweet the way Gary tries to protect Eleanor (Marissa). He really loves her. I wish I had a best friend like Gary (if I can't have a guy like that as a boyfriend, I wouldn't mind having a guy like that as a best friend).

Did you all notice though, that at the end, when Gary saves Jesse from being killed, in one frame of the scene, his hat is on backwards. You see it for only a second. It's really cute because Gary's character doesn't wear hats backwards (especially in 1871). (wearing a hat backwards...can you all just see Gary rapping?)
shana93
11/22/00
Oh my gosh, Rosee, I can't believe you caught the backwards hat too.
I thought I was crazy at first. I asked my husband if he noticed, and of course, he hadn't. Thanks for confirming that I wasn't seeing things.
sydney
11/22/00
AH! I noticed that for the first time tonight! I was watching it with my brother and he didn't see it.

Boy, its so nice having this forum to go too, and be able to talk with people that love EE as much as me, and notice little things that my siblings would NEVER even give a second thought!
ken_joe
11/22/00
I noticed it the first time I saw this eps. and I always look for it, I love that part!!!!!
sari_chandler
11/23/00
I saw that part, too, but I thought I was just seeing things. Do you think they did that on purpose, or was it a mistake?

I seriously wish I knew Kyle Chandler just to ask him about all those little things on the show that we all notice. :)

p.s. does Shanesia Williams really sing? or does she lip synch?
Dollene
11/23/00
Yes, she really sings. I saw her on an old tv show Home and Family and she sang there. I think she has also done some musicals. She also sings in Funny Valentine.
karens608
11/24/00
I guess we all must be watching EE too much (or too closely :)) because I thought I noticed that, too.
Janet486
12/01/00
I must be blind. I never noticed that bit with the hat. I'll have to watch it again and watch for that.

I think of that episode being like the Wizard of Oz. Dorothy hit her head and dreamed her adventure in Oz. Gary hit his head and dreamed his adventure in 1871.

I like the way Mrs. O'Leary took to him. This stranger who must have seemed cold and lost and confused and she just took him in without much question. All she wanted to know was what happened. Morris's two word answer "Daniel Sullivan" was all she needed to hear. At least she took care of the cut on his forehead. Back home in 1998 Chuck expressed concern but didn't get the alcohol or hydrogen peroxide to tend to the cut. At least Marissa offered to get him some tea. He looked so confused and dazed when he walked out of the room at the end of that episode.
karens608
12/01/00
Janet- Trust me, you're not blind. It's only on screen for a second, and I even thought I imagined it until other people mentioned seeing it too. Even then, I went back and checked my tape to confirm it.
Janet486
12/14/00
I must be blind. I missed the backwards hat and I just watched that episode last week. (I think I'm addicted to it.)

If you go into the Tales From The Tavern Fanfic Page you'll see a small post-ep story I wrote about that. It's called "Gary's Return From OZ". I couldn't help myself. It was so much like Dorothy returning from OZ at the end of the movie that I had to write one for Gary.
Janet486
12/26/00
I think I spotted the backwards hat where you said it is. When Sullivan is about to kill Jesse and Gary throws the rock at him. If I didn't then it's an optical illusion. I'm not sure which it is. YOu are all so sure he's got it on backwards for a second. You don't suppose wise guy Kyle did it on purpose and they didn't catch it. He is the one who threw paper airplanes (minus the pointy noses) from the roof of a building they were filming at during the first season.

I read that in an old article somewhere.
kellyjo
12/26/00
I've got Funny Valentine on tape (actually it was on twice, but the second time I got it which was a few weeks ago, the reception was much better than the first time so I recorded it!). Marissa can sing so nicely! That is a good ep!

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0091.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com