EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: Lt. Hobson, USN

Author
10/13/00
Lt. Hobson, USN is not one of my favorite episodes, but I love seeing Gary in that navy uniform :) IMHO, Kyle looks great in uniform particularly military attire. Also, the look on Gary's face when Patrick tells Gary what happens to a person caught impersonating an officer was so cute. :)
Melodey
10/13/00
I haven't seen the episode yet, but I can't wait to see him in the uniform, I've heard a lot of people say that he looks really good in it! LoL!
tdmiller82
12/26/00
Does anyone know if there is a picture somewhere on the web with Kyle in the military uniform from Lt. Hobson, USN?
Dollene
12/27/00
Tracy~I haven't seen a picture yet with his uniform. But that doesn't mean there isn't one out there. :) My cable was out because of all the ice, so on the first night EE is back on I had no signal. Oh well, I have watched EE all day on tape and tonight was a HF night. So I was good to go. It was still upsetting that I couldn't turn on the tv and see it. Crazy huh?
Dollene
12/27/00
Has anyone else wondered why the LT. sent his wings and all the other hardware with his uniform to the cleaners. I thought this was kind of stupid. Then when Gary rents the dress whites, he doesn't have all of his bars and medals on that were on his khaki uniform. You think the Admiral would have noticed this and called him on it.
Janet486
12/27/00
Dollene: The Admiral probably would have called him on it if he wasn't so obsessed with his daughter's "love life". He was too busy fussing over her seeing a Junior Officer or Enlisted man or whatever the kid was that turned out to be an electronics genius and saved the day.
karens608
12/27/00
Yeah, I wondered about that, too. And don't military uniforms usually have a name tag on them? The admiral must have really been preoccupied not to notice that.
tdmiller82
12/27/00
I was ROTFL when Gary said that he was in the Gulf under "Operation Fishman". You'd think that the Admiral would have investigated that & realized that there was no such thing.
Dollene
12/27/00
His Khaki uniform had the name tag. Which was what make me think it was so weird for this Nuwicki (sp) to send all of this stuff with his uniform to the cleaners. Gary didn't wear the name tag on his white dress uniform. I don't know if they wear them on dress whites or not. I'm not real familiar with Navy protocol. And the Army has changed so much since my Dad was in. I just know you don't send your name tag, your ensignias and all to the cleaners. Too much of a chance of them getting lost. But it helped poor Gary out. Funny how his insignia was loose but he had his belt buckle lined up right. How did he know to do that when he didn't even know to salute correctly. :) I know that on a uniform the belt buckle lines up the the seam on the shirt instead of being centered. That is how Gary wore his.
Janet486
12/27/00
He may have gottten some things right because he's in the area that the Great Lakes Naval Training Center is in. I've been through there with my brother who is a retired Air Force Major. Like the installation I used to work in (now closed) it's a multi agency facility. You can't help but see and notice things about uniforms when you live/work near military/government installations. Trust me! And as the daughter of a WWII vet and sister of a 'Nam Vet I've been around the military and ex-military my whole life! One of my favorite DJs in Boston is a "ex-Marine". (Of course, according to them there's no such thing. Once a Marine, always a Marine!) :)

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0093.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com