EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: St Nick

Author
12/27/00
I have to say this is probably my favorite ' too much Erica' episode. Fate doesn't count because she isn't in it much. But Gary is just so darn cute in this one. Too bad he wasn't jealous over somebody better that Erica. :D Does anyone else think she went a little heavy handed on the makeup at the beginning when she was 'tired' from her night on the town. If Nick is such a great doctor how come he was checking out the right foot when Gary was favoring his left one? I just love the scene in the Opera. "She's singing. I'm dying!' That is just too funny. Then the fight outside. " Goodnight! Bye Bye!" He said sarcastically. then the nerve of her to think Gary was following her. Isn't she the most conceded piece of work. And what would he be jealous of? Oh if he had only meant it. When he said "Bye Bye." The skin on the back of my neck stood up when she walked into the bar and patrick said "Hubba Hubba" Her tone was a little too snarky for someone who had just received a compliment. It was the same tone she took with Chuck in Up Chuck when he asked who the babe was. And why does she ask Gary if it is all right to leave early when she had already arranged it? Grrrrr! I wish she would have just left with Nick. But the poor guy, he didn't deserve her either. How in the world did she have two great guys fawning all over her? But I really do think this is a cute ep.
Ren713
12/27/00
I have this episode on tape (I was working, and so was my VCR at the time). Not one of my favorites, but the scene where Gary is at the opera and he is sitting there with this snarl on his face and shaking his head like "someone please put me out my misery" makes me burst out laughing everytime. Although, it was one of the scenes where Gary once again changed personality (He told Emma he liked opera). And I did enjoy the "bye-bye" scene. It made me long for the verbal duals he and Meredith had. And I also loved the scene where he sees Erica down by the water and he has this grin on his face. Of course, all I could think was, "What I'd give to have him smile at me like that." Poor Erica should have run off with Nick. It could have saved us from putting up with her for a few episodes!
shana93
12/27/00
Dollene, LOL you are too funny. I was just going to start this topic myself. I was wondering how Nick was able to carry Erica considering the size of her ego.

Did anyone notice the blonde fawning all over Nick at the beginning was the doctor from Run, Gary Run. I was so proud of myself for noticing. :) One thing I really love about this ep is Gary in a tux. You are right Dollene, he just looks so darn cute in this one. ;) He's adorable when he's jealous, even if it is over Erica.
Dollene
12/27/00
That was a good one Shana. The size of her ego. LOL It is huge isn't it. Yeah I noticed the blond being the same too. And my word didn't he look yummy in the tux with his hair all messed up and soot on him? And when he said a guys gotta be sensitive about something. Sigh. She had it so good and didn't even know it. I love him at the end where he carries the stool and rests his chin on it. Hugh sigh!
shana93
12/27/00
"Yummy" is the perfect description of how Gary looked in the tux with soot all over him. :) He is just such a beautiful man! And Erica! Of all the undeserving people to be the object of Gary's affection! :( The world can be so unjust sometimes. :D

I wish when she threatened to quit, Gary would've just said "see ya" and did that little gesture with his hands he does sometimes. :D That would've made my day.
Dollene
12/27/00
Oh Shana~ You make my day. When she threatened to quit if Gary pulled the alarm. (I have a habit of talking to the tv) I said Pull the alarm Gary, Pull it. Like she could find another job that paid as well. Shah. She had a hard enough time getting this one. I do so well, then along comes season three and here I go again.
Candii
12/28/00
I have to chime in here too ladies! :) Although this one wasn't one of my fav episodes, I always loved the way Gary looks in a tux especially in this episode! Absolutely delicious!

The arguement at the opera was sooo cute! I love to see Gary argue with a woman! He looks sooo vulnerable and sweet! It makes you want to argue with him just to see that look! Crazy isn't it? Erica was serious during the argument, and you can tell that Gary wasn't really because although he wasn't following her,he did just happen to be where she was, plus he was in love (yuck!I hate to even say it)with her so there was some truth in what she said about him being jealous, so he really couldn't argue effectively.

The part where Marisa was fixing Gary's tie, if she only knew how handsome he looked, she would have taken all day adjusting that tie! I know I would have! :D

Oh one more thing, I hated the part where Nick scoops up Erica and takes her to safety makes me wanna puke!
Amy-Kokomo
12/28/00
My favorite part of this episode is when Gary and Marissa are sitting together at the bar. Gary is moping over Erica and Marissa is tired of listening to him. She chews him out so nicely. I love the way he looks so angry and asks her if she is finished. And that smug look as she picks up her coffee cup LOL. Sometimes when we wallow in self-pity, a good chewing out is necessary. Because Marissa is such a good friend, she can do that for him.

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0096.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com