EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: Just One of Those Things

Author
01/02/01
Patrick had the most imaginative on the spot excuse for looking in the dumpster!!! He is so funny, I love this episode!
Janet486
01/03/01
I forget what his excuse was. I don't have that episode on tape yet. I had just gotten a new VCR and didn't have the hang of using the remote so I only got half of it.

What did Patrick say?
kellyjo
01/03/01
I think he said first of all, he's looking for his paper. The rubbish truck man, who had just picked up the rubbish and had been stopped by Gary and Patrick, couldn't believe this and Patrick quickly made up an excuse about a wedding ring that Gary had lost, saying among a few other things that he was "going to propose tonight" and then Gary called out "I got it!" and held up the paper. The rubbish man complained he'd been looking for the paper after all and Patrick said well the ring was in the paper... anyone help me out here?
shana93
01/03/01
I always thought it was funny how Patrick picked up on Gary's sixth sense right away, but he never connected it to the paper even though on several occasions he saw Gary's possesiveness towards the paper. I'm always thinking "duh Patrick".
kellyjo
01/03/01
Awww, he's innocent, naieve and always makes me laugh! Patrick added humour to Early Edition a lot.
Janet486
01/04/01
Since you brought up the subject of this episode and Patrick in general who can tell me what Patrick's Herbalist's Stomach Ache Cure was made of? Think hard. It's one of the trivia questions I submitted to Earlydues that will be posted.

And I agree that Patrick was sweet, lovable and naive. The looks he used to get on his face always crack me up. His best work has to be either Wildcard or Blackout. Mr. Traffic Director. He was awesome! The people sure appreciated him.
kellyjo
01/04/01
milk of magnesia, ground beetle extract, vanilla, .... from memory, might be one or two more things
Candii
01/05/01
Sorry to be a kill joy but I personally didn't care for Patrick. :( Like Erica and Henry, I thought that he was totally wrong for the show. He was OK in Teen Angels, but the other episodes was like what Arrrggghhh! What do we do with this guy?? To me he didn't fit in which is why I'm sure they got rid of him.
Janet486
01/05/01
You're on the right track Kellyjo. Keep your eyes peeled. The trivia questions should go up soon. I don't want to spoil things by posting the answer. You are missing a couple of things. You got the most important one. The one that Gary said you couldn't even taste. He must have been desperate to drink that.

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0102.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com