EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: Missing Brigatti episode

Author
05/22/01
Remember a couple weeks ago when we were talking about whether or not Time was intended to be the last episode? It kind of segued into a conversation about Brigatti and a couple of us mentioned that we had heard that a script had been written for another Brigatti episode, but that a scheduling conflict with Constance Marie meant that it had to be shelved. Linda(I think)said she had heard it was supposed to have something to do with Gary and Brigatti taking care of a baby, but she couldn't remember where she read it. Well, I found it! I was looking through the archives on yahoo groups and I found the message that refers to it. Now, granted, I don't know where this person would've gotten this information, so I don't know if it's true, but here's what she said about the missing ep.

"The Brigatti-centered episode was set in the present day, and involved Gay and Brigatti being forced to care for an abandoned baby together while dealing with a suspense mystery. Comedy and romance, as they find themselves acting more and more like a married couple because of the baby."

I have just one thing to say about this episode not getting made: AAAUGH!
Amy-Kokomo
05/22/01
AAAUGH!!! is right. What an episode that could have been. Once again your phenominal memory has come through. Now, who wrote it? Maybe we (I have a mouse in my pocket!) could request the story from the author.
karens608
05/22/01
//Once again your phenominal memory has come through.//

Thanks for the compliment, Amy, but it wasn't memory, it was just luck.(Unless you're talking about the fact that I remembered the discussion about the missing episode.) I thought it would be interesting to go back to the archive to when EE started airing in syndication to read comments on the older episodes that people hadn't seen for a while, and I found this posting in about mid-June.
abc981
05/22/01
Thank you for posting that info, Karen!! Now I know I'm not completely crazy. I've been checking the archives little by little when I had time but hadn't made it that far yet. I came across the message that initially said the episode wasn't going to be made because of a conflict with CM's schedule--that was posted in March so I was a long way from June.

You're right, I don't think we have any way to verify the information but gee, it sure sounded like a great storyline. AARRGG!!
karens608
05/22/01
//You're right, I don't think we have any way to verify the information but gee, it sure sounded like a great storyline. AARRGG!!//

Yeah, it's strange; I've read a few postings past this one, and so far no one has questioned this person as to where she got the info from. Her posting sure makes it sound like she knows what she's talking about, though.
earlydues
05/22/01
For those of you on that list, info about that missing Brigatti ep (ARRRRGGHH!) can be found in posts numbered 2137 and 3165. (Number 1762 is kind of interesting, too.) And yes, Marzipain was one of our "in the know" posters.
darbyross
05/22/01
Thanks Early Dues for posting the message #'s. I joined the group I guess just shortly after the last message you gave was posted. I remember talk of the baby ep, but I don't remember that particular post. Can I be nosy and ask if you know if this person worked on the set or if it was a writer. I assume they were associated with the show since they had inside information. That just is so sad to go back and read those messages. It just makes my heart break all over again. It is normal to be this sad still over the cancellation of a show?
earlydues
05/22/01
I don't know if I ever heard what her job was, whether it was with the Crappy Broadcasting Service or more on the production side of EE, but she was a great source and was a really nice person. Another good source, Ian H., worked with the writers. He was a sweetie, too. :) We also had our share of baaaaad sources, but the good sources made up for it. ;)

I wish we would have had more participation from the production side like the J.A.G. lists have - because that can go a long way towards developing fan loyalty. Unfortunately, a lot of the people that would have been in a position to "know things" were told they were absolutely positively not allowed to give out *any* information about the show -- thanks to one of the aforementioned baaaaaad sources. (Oy! the stories I could tell) /rollseyes/
darbyross
05/22/01
Crappy Broadcasting Service. That's funny! That's too bad they couldn't give out more information. Of course it wouldn't have done me any good. I didn't get online till the time EE was cancelled. I wish I had been able to get it on things from the beginning. It sounds like I missed out on some good time and some bad.LOL Oh well. thanks for the info
TobMar
05/23/01
As it was, Constance Marie's new series was never picked up for prime time anyway. All that for nothing! The episode they used in place of the original episode I never really cared for. Even though they must have put alot of work into the set of "Everybody Goes to Rick's, "Revelations" would have been much better. Who knows, Gary might have told Toni about the paper or she might have found out about it herself. Maybe we could have seen some hot love scenes. I am dissapointed too. If and when we ever get a telefilm, I would love to have it center around this missing episode. Rather than have the script be hidden away, I wish we could at least have the chance to read it. Right! Some chance of that!
karens608
05/23/01
//The episode they used in place of the original episode I never really cared for.//

I liked EGtR (I guess I've always had a thing for time-travel stories), except for Gary's mooning over present-day Ginger. I've always felt that OA indicated that Gary still very much wanted to pursue a relationship with Brigatti, and that she was willing to give him another chance, so it really bugged me to see him mooning over another woman just a few weeks later.

//"Revelations" would have been much better. Who knows, Gary might have told Toni about the paper or she might have found out about it herself.//

Well, I certainly would've enjoyed any additional episode with Brigatti, but this premise really intrigues me. And if they were spending that much time together, I would think that it would've been very difficult for Gary to keep the paper a secret.(Although, he somehow managed it when Crumb was staying at his place.)

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0112.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com