And Then There's Joan...
Forum Archives -- What About Joan

Subject: The Pilot

Author
03/27/01
Well? What did everyone think? I really liked it. I thought Joan and Kyle were really cute together. He was looking fine in that suit and I like that she thinks he's a hottie. Did his voice sound huskier to you guys? The best scenes were the proposal scene, the scene where she rattles on about not being the kind to sweep guys off their feet and then says something like later on there's this inkling before Ruby cuts her off. LOL And the end when he tells her she loves him she just doesn't know it. Sigh, who wouldn't love him? But I can understand her concern. If a guy that gorgeous asked me to marry him, with his only fault being toooo good looking, I would wonder what was up also.
chuck-n-gary
03/27/01
I thought the show was awesome and really funny. I even liked the parts without Kyle!
shana93
03/27/01
There were some funny moments in the show. I LOL over the inadvertant lap dance line. :D I think though, that it'll get even better as the characters develop more. I did notice that Kyle's voice seemed different. Did anyone think that the waiter was coming on to Jake at the beginning? :D

I noticed that Jake's hair did not form that little V at the back of his neck. :( I love that V!!
springfever
03/28/01
I liked it, wasn't crazy about it yet. But most pilots are kind of slow at first. It takes time for all the characters to come together and gel. I definitely thought Kyle looked mighty fine with shades of Gary there. It must just be the Kyle coming out in him. :) How come there really weren't opening credits?? But as I read somewhere else-shades of Early Edition with the snowglobe of Chicago! I was hoping for the "There she goes" song with scenes of the cast shot outdoors in Chicago.

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with What About Joan, ABC Television, Columbia TriStar Television, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever.

http://earlydues.usanethosting.com/waj/forum/0001.htm
Copyright (c) 2001
earlydues@yahoo.com