WAJ Yahoo Club

ABC's site for WAJ

Lisa's Kyle Page with WAJ Keepers section

Columbia TriStar's WAJ Website

And, if you noticed the new banner at the top of the page:
And Then There's Joan...

darbyross
03/23/01
Cool WAJ site Early dues. Thanks for the addresses. I was wondering where I could write in support of the show. I'm not waiting until cancellation on this one to get busy writing letters. :)
TobMar
03/23/01
Good idea, Dollene, I plan to write also. In the meantime I am posting a bunch of messages on the actual ABC site (using msmarylou) because I have a feeling that the suits at ABC are reading the messages to see what kind of feedback they are getting. This way if someone writes on the ABC board that they don't like the show, we can outnumber them with our praises.
earlydues
03/23/01
Thanks Dollene. I hope the address are correct! I'm was guessing on the TriStar address -- I assume it's the same as the one we used for EE.

If anyone knows the names of the head honchos in programming at ABC, let me know and I'll add that person's name in.

ABC seems to be getting persnickity about some of the stuff from WAJ being posted on the 'net. The two sites mentioned over at the ABC board (the ones that had pictures from the set/with the actors) have been told to take the pics down. The goobers.

springfever
03/23/01
earlydues-thanks for posting all these sites. I felt like an addict looking for a fix-searching for sites for the show. I guess once the show gets rolling we'll be able to find more. These are very helpful. And what's up with ABC telling some of the people who have worked on the show they can't post their own pics??? You'd think they'd want all the publicity they can get for the show.
earlydues
03/31/01
And in the "How Much Trouble Can I Get Myself Into" category, I've added the script, screen captures, credits, and ratings for "Pilot." ;) I hope TPTB look upon this as FREE ADVERTISING and don't make a stink about it, but you never know. To find them, go to my WAJ site (noted above in a previous post) and click on "Episode Guide" - you'll find links after the blurbs about that ep. (Hope that made sense...)
abc981
03/31/01
Well, bless your heart, earlydues. :) Thank you for posting the script!! I better go read it now just in case. LOL
TobMar
03/31/01
Earlydues, that was great!!!!! You did a wonderful job on it!!!! :) Thanks!!!!
darbyross
03/31/01
Early Dues you are my hero. :)That was so great! I just had a couple of questions. I thought the 'pins' she had on the collar of her jacket were clip on earrings that she later put on. And at the end I thought he said I'm just glad to be holding you. Is this a case like those song lyrics that people hear weird stuff instead of what is actually being sung? LOL I wouldn't be surprised. I LOL when I read the ads that showed in between. That was just too funny. :) And you got a screen capture of that look that sent me into a tailspin. :O Thank you!!!
earlydues
04/01/01
Oh, were those 'pins' clip-on earrings? It was hard for me to tell just what she was doing at the spot.

When I first watched the ep, I also thought I heard "holding you," but I wasn't sure what he said even at that point. The CC transcript showed "home" so that's what I went with. Did anyone else hear "holding you" instead of "home"?
darbyross
04/01/01
It could be home. I haven't checked my close captioning. I think I got that from an article where it mentioned that Jake said things like 'your're sexy when you breathe' and 'I'm just so glad to be holding you' I'm one of those people who always here things wrong. I'm the one for years who thought the song 'I really want to see you tonight had the phrase 'I'm not talking 'bout the millenium' instead of 'I'm not talking 'bout movin in'. LOL Either phrase Jake says is very sweet. :)
abc981
04/01/01
Dollene, that's too funny about the song lyrics. LOL!! They do say that part kind of fast!

I thought he said "home" too but then I read that same article and thought maybe I was wrong and it really was "glad to be holding you". It's hard to tell but I guess I'll have to watch that part a few more times to see if I can tell. What a bother.
shana93
04/01/01
I thought he said "holding you" too. And Dollene, I laughed so hard over your comments about those song lyrics. I think that must be the most mis-understood song ever. My friend always thought it was "I'm not talkin' 'bout the linen". :D Of course, she also thought that 80's Mr. Mister song was "carry a laser gun down the road that you must travel". :D
abc981
04/01/01
For what it's worth, my daughter and I listened carefully a few times and both think it sounds like "holding you". Kind of makes more sense that way too. :)
darbyross
04/01/01
Oh Shana! My sides hurt. That is so funny. I knew what they were saying but once I attended a Catholic service and the priest said ( I know I'm spelling it wrong) Kere alayson I said that's that song. I was told later it means God be with you, or something like that.
shana93
04/01/01
'God be with you' is certainly a much nicer sentiment than what my friend thought. LOL And then there's that Mariah Carey/Boys II Men song "One Sweet Day"---my husband thought they were singing "Once we're dead". LOL That actually makes sense in a morbid kind of way. :D

I noticed today that in this week's TVGuide that the close-up for Tuesday has that nice picture of Jake and Joan in bed, Jake shirtless. It's kinda small, but heck, I'll take it any way I can get it. ;)
Newf65
04/01/01
Of course, she also thought that 80's Mr. Mister song was "carry a laser gun down the road that you must travel".

Oh, how funny! One that I could never understand HOW my friend got wrong: I wanna be your stage coach driver...instead of SLEDGEHAMMER.
Oh, and it's Kyrie Eleison--"Lord have mercy on us."
I thought he said "holding you" too.
darbyross
04/01/01
Thanks for clearing that up on the song title Monica. I knew I was spelling it wrong. LOL Hey I'm from Oklahoma the hardest word I can spell is clemkididdlehopper. :) I watched the Pilot again tonight and I'm pretty sure he says I'm glad to be holding you. His mouth moves to much to be just glad to be home. It was such hard ship to watch is mouth several times till I was sure of what he said. Did anyone else think when he asked Joan "You look a little tense. Is there anything I can do?" Think "Yeah baby I know of something you can do!" ? Just wondering if I was the only one. ;)
shana93
04/02/01
LOL Dollene. Yeah I had a few ideas when Jake said that too. I know a great tension relieving activity he could've helped with. :D
Candii
04/03/01
I got a ball and a couple mitts and the radio and the paper and the too-sweet wine you like so much and I hate - what do you say?

He brought the too-sweet wine just for her? :) Oh how sweet! If it wasn't for the transcripts that you supplied Earlydues I would have never guessed, that was what he said. Also Dollene, I also noticed the part where Jake said that she looked a little tense and asked if there was anything that he could do for her. Humm???? I wonder what exactly did he mean by that question because Joan certainly didn't seem to get it. She seemed too wrapped up in that proposal! Silly girl. I've watched this tape about a trillion times and I like it now. :) I think that I'm going to like Ruby too. I wasn't familiar with Joan Cusak before this show. I think that she is cute, but hopes she tones it down a bit. I'm exhausted just from watching her! :) Can't wait until tomorrow!

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with What About Joan, ABC Television, Columbia TriStar Television, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever.

http://earlydues.usanethosting.com/waj/forum/0004.htm
Copyright (c) 2001
earlydues@yahoo.com