And Then There's Joan...
Forum Archives -- What About Joan

Subject: Kyle's / Jake's funny moves

Author
04/09/01
Since everyone has been so quiet,(hope everyone had a nice weekend too.) :) I just thought I would mention this. I am watching my tape again and has anyone noticed the funny moves Kyle does? (I am so tempted to say Gary!) The part after Joan stamps her foot to answer yes to his question, and Jake asks her how was it, (her little trip to the magic kingdom.) ;) And he does this move when he says "See thats my point!" He motions towards his stomach and throws his hands up in the air! It's sooo funny to watch! :D He kind of reminds me of a football player *after* a touchdown had been made, where they throw the ball down and do that little dance/jig thingy. :D

Then theres the part in first episode when Joan goes to Jakes's apartment and when she say "you don't want me?" And he steps away from her sideways and says "not tonight I don't" It's so funny! He moves sideways like a crab! :D It seems that whenever his space is being invaded he turns sideways as if to block with his shoulders. Do you guys know what I'm talking about? :D Gary did a little sideways move in Nest Egg in the ladies bathroom with his mom. She confronted him about following her and he stood with his shoulders towards her as if on the defensive. So funny! :D
darbyross
04/09/01
I've noticed those too Candi. LOL do you think you might need to make a copy of your tape in case it wears out from the constant watching? ;) Kyle had very expressive body movements. He is such a joy to watch. :) I think that commercial is talking about him and not just the show itself. But the action that gets to me most is where he motions with his two forefingers. I don't know why, but I just love that. :)
chuck-n-gary
04/09/01
You are both so right! He has so many motions that are just so Kyle!! :) (That sidestep is definitely one of my favorites, though.) :)

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with What About Joan, ABC Television, Columbia TriStar Television, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever.

http://earlydues.usanethosting.com/waj/forum/0006.htm
Copyright (c) 2001
earlydues@yahoo.com