And Then There's Joan...
Forum Archives -- What About Joan

Subject: What a guy!

Author
04/22/01
Has anyone else noticed how Jake helps clean up? In Sex Talk he is helping load the dishwasher after dinner, he pours wine for Joan and in The Proposal he is serving coffee to the dinner guests. How great is that? And I think he does that in Meet the Parents also. I'm beginning to think Jake is toooooooo good to be true. LOL I understand now when Joan said in the Pilot when Betsy asked her Jakes faults an she said "You know. too good looking" As far as I can see that is his only fault and that's just cause I would be scared ever woman withing seeing distance would throw themselves at him. But gosh darn it isn't he the kind of guy you would trust with your life so you know he would always be true to you? I want a Jake Evans for myself!!!
shana93
04/22/01
I did notice that Jake is always helping out. What a sweetie!! I have to admit my husband is good like that too. He cooks (and he'd make Emeril proud) ;), and he helps with the cleaning. I really can't complain. He has some Jake qualities, and some Jeff Metcalf qualities that I just love. :)
darbyross
04/22/01
Shana~ Does your mother in law have any more sons at home like your husband that are single. ;)
shana93
04/22/01
Well, both my hubby's brothers are single, but they're younger and they're definitely not as sweet as my Mike. I did say they broke the mold when they made him, didn't I? ;)
darbyross
04/22/01
Yes you did say that Shana :( How come that's always the way? One guy per family that is great.
chuck-n-gary
04/22/01
Back in high school my friend and I talked about wanting to find a "Lloyd Dobler," which was John Cusack's role in the movie Say Anything, because he was such a great guy; so sweet and dedicated.

Gary Hobson was added to the want list once I saw EE. :)

And now we have Jake Evans, who is working himself to the very top of the "great guy" list. Oh, if only I could choose a tv character and make him real! ;)
springfever
04/23/01
I too have to admit my husband is quite a cook and he always does the clean-up after we eat. I'm a pretty fortunate woman, especially since he doesn't complain about my little KC obsession too! I haven't been on much over the past few weeks- computer problems and our oldest son has been in some baseball tournaments. I'm starting to go into withdrawl!! So now I'm playing catch-up.

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with What About Joan, ABC Television, Columbia TriStar Television, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever.

http://earlydues.usanethosting.com/waj/forum/0012.htm
Copyright (c) 2001
earlydues@yahoo.com