And Then There's Joan...
Forum Archives -- What About Joan

Subject: Joan's Hair

Author
04/25/01
Does anyone else think that Joan's hair cut makes her look old or much older than Jake? I liked the way her character looked with the longer hair, it made her look cute when making those weird facial expressions, now she looks old and haggardly when making them. Any thoughts?
abc981
04/25/01
Actually, I like her hair *much* better in these last 3 eps than in the first two. I thought the first "do" w/o bangs wasn't nearly as flattering to her.

Maybe because Kyle has such a baby face, it's hard for any woman close to his age not to look older than him. In Homefront, his character was supposed to be two years younger than Tammy Lauren when he was actually a few (?) years older than her.
luvwaj
04/25/01
Okay, I'll weigh in on the hair too-LOL...I have a personal preference for longer hair, so I'm a bit biased. I thought Joan's hair in the very first episode was nice, it was actually a little longer in the premiere than in the second show, and in the scene where she meets Jake at the restaurant and is doing the quick change, then putting on her earrings that were attached to her sweater (hahaha)-- her hair was gorgeous, she looked so pretty!! I could have killed that waiter when he told her to do something with the hair, so she goes an messes up (IMO) with that breadstick as hair ornament...although it was pretty funny. LOL

The third ep, was a cute short do' on her-- but I still like it longer, I think it gives her a softer look. It especially would now, since I think Joan has lost weight since the first few episodes which is one reason why she may look tired in a few scenes, her face and body look a lot thinner to me, so I'd go for a longer softer look on her--not real long, but not as short as it is now. I heard that she had a baby less than a year ago, so I think she's continuing to diet that baby weight off.

As for her age, well, she is about 3-4 years older than Kyle in real life, which is nothing-- I think they look relatively the same age. But I'd agree that Jake can look young sometimes, although at other times he looks his age.
Candii
04/26/01
Well? Does anyone else have an opinion or thoughts that you would like to share about Joan's new hair style? :) I'm watching my tapes and I can't get over the difference in her appearance. She looks like a totally different person. Well, not totally different, but the hair cut I feel makes her look a lot older. Thanks luvwaj and abc for your input. I'm just curious about what everyone else thinks.
darbyross
04/27/01
Personally I like the shorter do. I think it makes her face look less long and the bangs soften her features. I thought the longer style made her look older and tired. Everyso often the style looked full and nice but for the most part it looked flat to me. I really like the shorter hair on her.

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with What About Joan, ABC Television, Columbia TriStar Television, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever.

http://earlydues.usanethosting.com/waj/forum/0014.htm
Copyright (c) 2001
earlydues@yahoo.com