And Then There's Joan...
Forum Archives -- What About Joan

Subject: Art Imitating Life

Author
04/30/01
This is from Creators.com - Beck/Smith Hollywood Exclusive - April 25:

ART IMITATING LIFE: Kyle Chandler says he's able to draw from real life for his role as the marriage-minded fiance of a reluctant Joan Cusack on ABC's new "What About Joan?" sitcom. "I had to trap my wife Kathryn into marrying me," he says jokingly.

Chandler says while it's nice to be working again in the Windy City, (his CBS series "Early Edition" was also shot in Chicago), it was the opportunity to work with Cusack and series writer/producer James L. Brooks that peaked his interest to do his first sitcom. "Everyone is very open to everyone else's input, and that just makes the show better. Friday night when we tape is the biggest adrenaline rush for me. The energy you get from the audience, the last minute changes that happen on the spot ... It's certainly never boring." In fact, Chandler says the only hard part about the job is having to be away from his expecting wife, a television writer, and their 5-year-old daughter, who both live in Los Angeles.

http://www.creators.com/lifestyle/beck/?dateId=988171200
luvwaj
04/30/01
WOW!!! Amazing eh? That Kyle had to trap a woman into doing ANYTHING!! I wonder what trapping skills..he...er...employed? THUD!! Does he go into detail??
darbyross
04/30/01
As Jen said on the WAK yahoo group. I'd gladly be trapped by that man anyday LOL He's such a kidder. Isn't his wife the one who had to send her dog to jump on him? And he had to trap her. ;) hehe.
abc981
04/30/01
LOL He is a kidder, Dollene! You're right, she's the one who sent her dog to jump on him after she saw him. She's no fool. ;)
springfever
04/30/01
He's got to be kidding about trapping his wife into marrying him??!!What could possibly have made her reluctant to marry him??
shana93
04/30/01
To be trapped by Kyle Chandler... oh my, I have such delicious images running through my head now. ;)

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with What About Joan, ABC Television, Columbia TriStar Television, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever.

http://earlydues.usanethosting.com/waj/forum/0016.htm
Copyright (c) 2001
earlydues@yahoo.com