And Then There's Joan...
Forum Archives -- What About Joan

Subject: I found a blooper!

Author
05/02/01
In the sister visit's episode when Joan takes after Jake with the stapler he has just put the paper down on the counter. But when she tells him to hurry and take the pants off he is holding the paper. :) I ran it back twice to make sure and as he is running around the couch he has no paper in his hands. I miss so much the first time around just watching him. LOL Once they have all aired, I'm going to just have one evening where I sit and watch them all at once.
springfever
05/09/01
I found one in the Maeve episode- the scene in Jake's hotel room with Maeve, where she pours two glasses of champagne and she hands one glass to Jake and it's filled with foam and hers doesn't have any. They switch camera angles and she's now holding the foam-filled glass.
stephaniearwen
05/09/01
Hmm, maybe I should start a WAJ Nitpicker's Guide. :)
Newf65
05/09/01
Yes, a nitpicker's guide would be good. I found another one: when Jake hugged Joan at the end and said, "It's good to be home." His head was on the side closest to the camera. The camera angle changed, and his head was on the other side immediately, you know, when Joan stamped her foot.
abc981
05/09/01
Isn't that funny how we're all so um, focussed that we notice where his hands are at all times?

I just realized Monica's comment was about where Jake's head was, not his hands. Never mind... ;)
Candii
05/09/01
The foot stamping. :D I thought that was what I had heard. What was that all about? After she punched him, (something I didn't understand) did she try to stamp his foot too? Flashes of Brigatti. :O
abc981
05/09/01
I thought the punch was very funny :D and effective too! She got his attention and let him know how scared she really was while he was gone. When he realized what she was trying to say, that's when he said how hard it was to be away from her and how good it was to be home again...aww, that was so sweet.
Candii
05/09/01
Jake is sooo lovable! A simple whisper in his ear telling him that fact would have done the trick. ;) He looked so hurt after she punched him. :( He didn't know that she was worried. I don't know,... I keep getting flashes of Brigatti here. Joan is soo frustrating.
abc981
05/09/01
Joan can be a little frustrating at times but I thought she was great in last night's ep. Their conversation in bed about jealousy, giving him the little tiny drawer with Hollie Hobbie paper, :D welcoming him home so calmly followed by the "playful" punch that was a little too hard--all very funny stuff!! That's been the most pleasant surprise of this show for me, seeing how well Kyle & Joan play off of each other. Who would have thought?!
chuck-n-gary
05/09/01
I agree with you, abc981. I love how Kyle and Joan work off of each other and even though Joan is a little over the top sometimes I still think that they are really believable characters.

I kind of think that it has something to do with how down to earth Kyle and Joan seem to be in real life. Neither one seems to be the stuck up Hollywood type and they keep their distance from the public eye, which I think gives them a better understanding of the characters they are playing. Just my opinion. :)
darbyross
05/09/01
Okay, I watched this again tonight. I'm still not crazy about it but there are some really cute Kyle expressions. I missed the really quick head shake when Maeve left the conference room and I didn't hear the part when she came to his room he said something about telling her at dinner. Like he told her there was no way. I still wish he had kicked her to the curb. Linda, his hands were in a different spot when the camera angle changed. And did that key chain look like a small swiss army knife to anyone else? I can't get a clear enough shot of it. But wouldn't it be cool if it had the initials G.H. on it. :) And did anyone notice he went to bed with his socks on? OMG!! Dress socks to boot! I wonder why he doesn't stay at his place more? I've only seen it once and I'm dying to see HIS BEDROOM!!!!!
abc981
05/10/01
chuck-n-gary, I think you're right on the money about the type of people Kyle & Joan both seem to be. They're both happily married and have made their families a top priority as opposed to so many celebrities these days. They seem to have a great respect for each other and if what we read is true, they're very good friends too. :)

Dollene, I'm glad you could *force* yourself to go back and catch some of those cute expressions. ;) I forgot about that dinner comment he made to her too, that was encouraging.

//Linda, his hands were in a different spot when the camera angle changed.//

Oh good, I didn't think I was the only one watching those hands. ;) I don't know about the key chain/army knife though, guess I'll have to take another look, darn it. The dress socks with the robe were a nice touch too but I guess Maeve didn't care!
springfever
05/10/01
Yes I noticed the hands being in different places too in the last scene, but I didn't want to seem too overly observant( a nicer way of saying obsessed) and mention that also. And I really liked Joan's little love punch at the end too.
karens608
05/10/01
Yeah, Dollene, I did think it looked like a small Swiss army knife. Obsessed minds thing alike! :D

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with What About Joan, ABC Television, Columbia TriStar Television, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever.

http://earlydues.usanethosting.com/waj/forum/0020.htm
Copyright (c) 2001
earlydues@yahoo.com