And Then There's Joan...
Forum Archives -- What About Joan

Subject: Betsy's Wedding

Author
05/20/01
I saw a quick promo for this week's WAK ep during Millionaire tonight. Poor Betsy's in her wedding dress and opens the door to find snow piled up high, blocking the doorway. She takes a dive head first over the pile. :D Before that, Joan and Jake are snuggling in bed and Joan says something about a nice peaceful day coming up then she opens the curtains to see the blizzard starting.
chuck-n-gary
05/22/01
I was betting that Jake couldn't get the ring off his finger. :D
darbyross
05/22/01
This one was so funny. I thought I was going to bust a gut when Ruby was singing and cried out "Oh Bradley!!" Did anyone recognize the kid from Blind Faith? He's grown a little and the videographer looked familiar too. Kyle was so cute in this ep. And of all the kisses I think this was the best one. The way he kept repeating and the way he would nod his head and she fell back over him. :sigh: LOL When Betsy jumped over the snow drift I thought there goes her $300 hair do. YUp. But it didn't look as bad as Ruby's. OMG :O this one was great. Moves into my top oh 3 for the season. :)
shana93
05/22/01
I thought Jake was very Gary-like in this ep. And did everyone notice the kid was Nate Calvin from "Blind Faith"? We really should start a topic for all these EE/WAK guest stars. It does seem as if there hasn't been an ep without one.
chuck-n-gary
05/22/01
I thought I recognized that kid! :)

I missed the first half of the episode but I had the VCR set and with what darbyross said I can't wait to see the kiss!! :D
abc981
05/22/01
It seems like Tuesday night has become crazy night around here, once again I'm gonna have to watch it again to actually "see" it. Those kisses were very nice, Dollene. ;) I also loved it when he held out his hand for the alarm clock then dropped it on the floor. Too funny!! Shana, you're right--he seemed very Gary-like in this ep and having "Nate" there only made it seem more like Gary!
karens608
05/23/01
//And did everyone notice the kid was Nate Calvin from "Blind Faith"?//

Now, did those of you who recognized Nate recognize him immediately? I recognized his voice as soon as I heard it, but I couldn't figure out from where. Well, I figured it was EE, but I couldn't think of an episode that had a young boy in it other than Time, but I knew it wasn't Andrew Ducote. I thought seeing his name in the credits would jog my memory, but it didn't. It wasn't until a couple minutes after EE started that the light bulb all of a sudden clicked, and I knew it was Nate. I pulled out my Blind Faith tape to verify it, and let me tell you, it took a lot of will power to only watch the part that showed the guest cast. (If you remember, a couple weeks ago, we were talking on the EE board about scenes on tapes that we can't pass up watching when we're looking for something else, and the beginning of Blind Faith is definitely one of mine.)

I loved the part where Joan couldn't turn off the alarm clock, Jake just held out his hand without opening his eyes, Joan handed him the clock and he just dropped it. LOL! And I was so afraid that Mark was going to try to kiss Jake! But I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned how good Kyle looked in that tux. Yum!
luvwaj
05/23/01
Boy, I sure noticed-- he looked like the dream groom on the top of the wedding cake in that tux!! I also just love seeing him in bed all snuggled up in the covers, Joan is one lucky woman, getting to crwal all over him, and muss up his hair-LOL! That was a funny scene with the alarm clock-- also the scene in which Joan kissed him and then fell out across him, because of the way he was acting-- did she fall out of the scene or what? It looked to me as if they both lost it there and just started cracking up-- that was so cute!

Gosh I'm going to miss this show!! Sigh.....

I've got another topic I wanted to discuss on another thread-- which has to do with them obviously living together....so stay tuned.
karens608
05/23/01
//also the scene in which Joan kissed him and then fell out across him, because of the way he was acting-- did she fall out of the scene or what? It looked to me as if they both lost it there and just started cracking up-- that was so cute!//

I don't remember that scene. I guess I'll just have to watch my tape again. Oh, well. It's a tough job, but I guess I'll just have to struggle through it. :D
shana93
05/23/01
I didn't notice that scene either. I guess I'll just have to watch it again too. More tough duty!! ;) I did notice that Jake looked very yummy in that tux. But then again, I think he looks yummy in anything. ;)

Karen, I noticed the little boy was Nate right away. My poor husband was reading and I yelled out, "HEY, IT'S NAT FROM BLIND FAITH". He jumped about a mile. :D Yes, I really called him "Nat" too. LOL I may have gotten the name wrong initially, but I knew who he was. :D

Here's a question: How come Jake and Joan had a different alarm clock in this ep, then in the last one? Do you think Jake drops it on the floor every morning when it goes off (like in this ep), and then they have to get a new one?
karens608
05/23/01
//Karen, I noticed the little boy was Nate right away. My poor husband was reading and I yelled out, "HEY, IT'S NAT FROM BLIND FAITH". He jumped about a mile. Yes, I really called him "Nat" too. LOL I may have gotten the name wrong initially, but I knew who he was. //

Shana, I was wondering if "Nat" was a typo. ;) Like I said, I recognized his voice immediately, but I thought I was going to go crazy trying to figure out where I knew him from. I wasn't even sure it was EE, but I'm so obsessed...er, focused, on EE that that's always the first thing I think of when I think I recognize someone.
luvwaj
05/23/01
Can anyone tell me if there was anything shown before the scene that opened with and exasperated Jake behind Joan as she went over her detailed notecard itinerary chart of Betsey's wedding (LOL, that cracked me up!)?

When I turned on my TV it was exactly 9:30 and they were in that scene, and I worried that something had come before that scene...had anything else gone on?
karens608
05/23/01
No, that was the first scene, luvwaj. Although, when I finished recording, I noticed that the counter indicated the episode had only lasted for 20 1/2 minutes, including closing credits, when the other episodes have been running 21 1/2 minutes. What's up with that?
luvwaj
05/23/01
I know..I swear this is one of the shortest shows on television-- there are about 3 segments then it's over, it makes Dharma and Greg look like a 90 minute movie.

I hope they lengthen it next year.

You know, maybe one reason why WAJ runs shorter is because they've had to cut some things out due to the way they run them out of sequence, certain scenes and comments perhaps that have implied Betsey and Mark were married, or references to other shows that haven't even aired yet--so maybe that's one reason why WAJ is a shorter show than most this season.

Next year-- I hope it's straightend out next year.
karens608
05/24/01
I watched Betsy's Wedding again last night, and I thought the scenes in the church were even funnier, knowing that the boy was Nate from Blind Faith. :) For instance, when Jake meets Herman, Herman says, "Awesome crash, Homer. You steer into the skid?" and Jake has this look on his face like he's thinking, "How'd you like to be locked in an office in an abandoned warehouse?" :D And when Mark said if he let the video guy in, he'd have to pay him, for some reason, it made me think of Chuck. :D
MsSpider
05/25/01
I thought the kid said, "did you steer WITH the skid?"
karens608
05/25/01
I thought I remembered "into", but I could be wrong; I just loved the dirty look Jake gave him, though. :)
reaness
05/27/01
I know I'm a little late here, but I haven't been on a computer since Tuesday. I don't have one of my own. :( Thank heaven my sister lets me use hers. :D Well any way I enjoyed this espoisode, I thought it was so funny when Jake drop the clock to make it stop ringing, by they must have to buy a lot of clocks that way. :D Thank for clearing up who Mark's half brother was I thought he was nate but I wasn't 100% sure. I really felt so sorry for Betsy when she was giving up on the marriage, she was so sad. I also thought it was funny when the minster told Jake to be the bride and Jake said wait, wait, wait, why can't Alice be the bride and the minster said that Alice was the flower girl, then Jake said wait , wait, wait why can I be the flower girl? and the minister said we can't have you be the flower girl it too emfeminist (something like that) I just about laugh my self silly on that line :D Jake looke so cute up there and I like the way he held out hios hand when Mark put on the ring. Yea I hope he was able to get it off too.

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with What About Joan, ABC Television, Columbia TriStar Television, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever.

http://earlydues.usanethosting.com/waj/forum/0027.htm
Copyright (c) 2001
earlydues@yahoo.com