EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: McGinty's

Author
08/17/00
In tonights episode I noted McGinty's is located at intersections of Illinois and Franklin. I located such on the web map. Is there such a place as McGinty's in reality or was it created for the show?
mike613
08/18/00
I read on some website (probably earlydues), that the old fire station is now a furniture store or refinishing shop. I guess the short answer is no, there is no mcginty's.
TerriRuth
08/20/00
I read that on someone's website also, that the place does exist (the old firestation), but it's a furnitures store of some kind. A little disappointing. I remember when we went to Boston, it was fun going to the Bull and Finch, which is the outside shots of "Cheers." It doesn't look the same inside as the show, but at least it was a bar and we had a nice lunch, including souvenir beer glasses.
ken_joe
08/20/00
Hi. I live close to Chicago and I went down there a couple weeks ago... in search of McGinty's. It isn't a real bar, there isn't even a place called McGinty's in Chicago.. I don't think so. It's called Hammer and I do think that it's a repair shop, but it's the building that they use for the outside shots!! On W. Illinois and Franklin, right by the "L". I took some pictures of it.

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0013.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com